I was pleasantly surprised to be given a suite despite only reserving a room, though the actual bedroom was far too small even for the queen bed that almost completely filled it (to the point it was barely possible to walk round the bed).
The exterior of the property is quite well maintained, though the interior could definately do with an update. The floor was filthy, making white socks black after walking on the carpet. Despite the extreme heatwave, the air conditioner was NOT on when I got into the room, which was stifiling and uncomfortable for about an hour until the aircon cooled it enough. Given the extreme heat and the fact that I'd booked the room, there was no excuse for this.
Breakfast was good and on balance, for the price and location, this hotel was a decent budget option.
Beware if booking on expedia - their price doesn't include taxes, despite their website stating the opposite.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites - Chincoteague Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites of Chincoteague Island, Virginia. We are conveniently located off VA-175, following the signs to "Chincoteague Island/Assateauge Islands". We have plenty to offer, as we are situated nearby many popular attractions including the NASA Wallops Visitor Center, Chincoteague Island Lighthouse, Chincoteague Pony Center, Refuge Waterfowl Museum, Beebe Ranch, and the Wildlife Expedition. If you are into sports or just getting out and having fun, there are a number of recreational activities less than 1 mile away including the Chincoteague Hunting and Fishing Center, Surfside Golf, Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises. Here at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Chincoteague, we also have several dining options to choose from just minutes away including Steamers Restaurant, AJ's on the Creek Restaurant, Great Wall 2, Don's Seafood Market and Restaurant, and Maria's Restaurant and Pizza. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Chincoteague Island features 23 guest rooms generously equipped with free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.