“try another place” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Seafood restaurant featuring a variety of seafood baskets, complete with fries and slaw, steamed crabs and shrimp, kids menu, and outdoor seating. Come in and try our signature dishes and our amazing burgers. There is something for everyone.
Washington, DC
“try another place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We thought that the food was much better at the other restaurant on the island. We ordered steamed crab and was told that they do not have crab which is rather ironic as the place is called Crab Shack. The food was ok with the exception of the hush puppies which were very good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Best crab cakes I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010 via mobile

Best crab cakes I have ever had

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northeast U.S.
“Flavorful Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Ordering takeout became my chosen option as a rainy day made for fewer seats than normal at this eatery. The inside dining area was full of lunchtime patrons and the outside, uncovered tables and chairs were not practical for seating.

An employee greeted my husband and me with a smile, told us about the table wait time, and then presented us with menus after we announced we'd take our food to go.

Our order was for two of the basket meals which included steamed shrimp in one and fried shrimp in the other, each combined with fries, hush puppies, and cole slaw.

Our food was ready in less than 10 minutes, and when we arrived at our hotel to eat, one word came to mind - wow. The steamed shrimp and fried shrimp were fabulously flavorful, and we received a lot of each along with the sides. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the cole slaw was well blended.

Great takeout definitely points to a delicious meal if you eat on the premises. While waiting, I saw lots of hustle from and excellent camaraderie between the employees who were serving guests.

There's plenty of parking outside. I'll return when I visit the area again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, New Jersey
“Average crab place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We ate outside and it was very charming and they played good music. We had a very sweet and attentive waitress. I got 6 local crabs for $6 for lunch. I didn't know how to eat them so my waitress showed me! The hush puppies were quite delicious and their salad was nice and fresh. My husband got fried scallops and didn't think there was anything special about them.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Deleware
“Slow service, okay food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stopped at the crab shack on the way to the beach and waited 30 mintues for our to-go order. The food was sub-par and I will not be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere