“Homemade Ice Cream!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Homemade Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is the place we were waiting for on the trip.
Very good. The midweek time we were there and they had a line out the door.
Well worth the visit.

Visited June 2014

Dulles, Virginia
“GREAT homemade ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Don't let the long lines scare you off!
There are so many flavors and specials to choose from that deciding upon what to order may take longer than expected. The servers are both patient and generous when it comes to filling each order. An ice cream treat from the Island Creamery is the perfect ending to a summer day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thurmont, Maryland, United States
“Never pass it by”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

There are so many choices. My favorites are iced nirvana and also coffee flavor. My son doesn't eat ice cream so he gets a bag of waffle cone pieces. He would like them to offer homemade cookies for those who don't like ice cream.

I believe we visit Island Creamery almost every day we are here. YUM!!!

Visited June 2014
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Went twice in one day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

OK, eating here twice was an accident, but I was so sad by my dinner at Steamers next door I had to make up for it!!! My son and I stopped in after lunch and were pleasantly surprised by this find - everything made in house and the smell knocked us off our feet as soon as we walked in! I had the Snickers cheesecake scoop and fell in love!! Serving sizes are huge!! Single scoop is MORE than enough for the average person - now on to the fudge, which my son had - delightful and soooo many flavors!! As with the ice cream, you may sample as much as you want and service with a smile!! After dinner next door later in the day, I had a scoop a cake batter - wow, wow, wow!!! My husband had a milkshake and he loved it!! Of course, my son had to have more fudge!! This place is awesome!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FL
“Delicious Ice Cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The ice cream was amazing! We all loved it. It was packed when we got there but they handled the crowd well and the wait wasn't too bad.

I was only disappointed in the waffle cone - too crunchy for me. I was hoping for a thinner waffle cone but it was quite thick and crunchy like a cookie. Otherwise we loved everything.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere