“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Richmond
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Took our family of four for dinner about 5pm. The place had a nice diner vibe without the cleanliness. It was hazardous to walk to the bathroom because the floor was wet with who knows what and there was a blob of ketchup stuck to our sweetener bowl. Speaking of ketchup, there's nothing like seeing it spew from the rim of the bottle. Even though we watched them mop the floor around our table, it still looked dirty when they were done. The dried out onion at the base of the table did not help with their cleanliness score. Our kids did like the kid hot dogs. It's weird though, that our french fry loving kids did NOT touch theirs. We ordered the "bacon & cheese" fries. Mistake. That was an extra $2+ for a tasteless cheese SAUCE and we are pretty sure it was microwaved bacon. I got the Original burger. Better than Wendy's new recipe. Husband got the patty melt. He liked the one he got from a truck stop in Dillsburg, PA better. Overall the place was not clean, the food was so-so and WAY overpriced for what we got. We will not be returning here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“AWFUL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Husband and I went early afternoon. somewhere between 1 and 2 pm. Only about 3 other tables in there when we got sat. One of them finishing up and getting ready to leave. We were sat a a table with dirty, smeared juke boxes, a container on table with 3 straws in it, dirty seats and dirty floors, dirty ketchup bottle. Ordered drinks my drink wasn't what I ordered (i can tolerate unsweet tea) my husband ordered a shake ( which was about the only good thing) after a few sips from my cup, I noticed lipstick on the rim- UGH! server apologetic- returned with another cup. I ordered a tuna melt- which came with cheddar cheese and fries. I asked to add swiss to the sandwich, and make my fries extra crispy almost burnt. When it came it was not grilled much and lacked the cheddar cheese, and fries not cooked to order. I waited about 5 minutes for the server to come check on us to see how our food was. When she didn't come back I had to summon another employee to let him know my sandwich was incorrect as well as my fries. The second time around they made it correctly and was even grilled nicely. Went to use the ketchup for my fries and there was ketchup seeping out from under the lid, dried up. Had to use ketchup because they don't season their fries (as per an employee) the tuna melt was bland. No pizazz to it, no flavor and no matter what I did to it, it didn't change the flavor. A management type person visited our table to ask how everything was, told him it was not good at all. I shared with him everything that happened with my visit and all I got was an "oh, I'm sorry" well he did nothing to warrant me to ever visit the place again. It was my first visit and my last.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Worn Out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We took our whole family for a birthday night out for one of the grandkids. We thought it would be fun with the singing, etc. What we found was a good who could only cook one meal at a time and therefore dinner was about 1 hour in the making. It really ruined the whole evening and we were sorry we went there.

Visited October 2012
“Love that 50s style - Short Pump VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The perfect place to grab a delicious burger (I favor the spicy Houston-around $6 I think) which pairs perfectly with their awesome shakes (my fav is their cookies & cream). Btw, they give you enough leftover alongside your shake to almost completely fill the glass again. I love going to this place, right next to the movie theater. Great music, good food, average prices.

Visited November 2012
Richmond
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Wish every place i visited had the same level of service, smile, sanitation, value and food. Its a must stop for me going forward

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere