“Visit to the Grand kids” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Chester
“Visit to the Grand kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The staff at this hotel (especially Saalme) were helpful, kind & very friendly. I was able to bring my grandsons to the pool. The room was spacious, clean & very inviting. I will be using this facility again & will definitely recommend this to others.
My thanks for the entire staff for making my stay a great experience.
Lisa

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor- the elevator was clean, quick & worked well. I will just assume that t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear lisac1159,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your family time in Chester. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My Dad and I stayed here and were happy with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The bathroom was well stocked with soap and shampoo as well as towels. The staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. The TV channels were excellent, always something on to watch. The breakfast in the morning was very good, with the exception of fresh oatmeal. Almost as good as one other Country Inn and Suites I've stayed in. You did offer a great selection of muffins, breads, juices, fruit etc...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Steve Y,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are so happy that we could accommodate you, and your dad during your stay in Chester. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Got an unbeatable rate via hotwire, which is always a crap-shoot. Was pleasantly surprised. Great desk staff, check in was fast, cot request filled immediately and with a smile. Room was smallish but more than adequate for one night.

Yes there is only one elevator but it's just a 3-story hotel; too much whining on this site from people too fat and lazy to walk up a flight!

Breakfast was just fine; they ran out of few things but restocked immediately. Pool needed attention; was hazy.

Overall very positive impression, would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear AlejandroNorte,

Thank you for all of your feedback about the hotel. We really appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing about their service. We will value all guest feedback. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will come see us again in the future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was fairly standard, but for the price it was an actual suite. I paid 90 dollars plus tax. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. It came with tvs in the bedroom and sitting area.

Breakfast was the usual fare, but it did include some hot items such as scrambled eggs and cubed ham. The hot items were not prepared to order, so they were not great, but they were a nice addition to the usual cold items. I think you could make your own waffle, but I did not.

The indoor pool was fairly standard, but I did appreciate that it was indoors. Virginia was very cool for August, to the point that I would have not used an outdoor pool that night.

The property is a little hard to spot from the road, but there is a sign.

The staff was pleasant. The room was large and clean, and I thought well priced. I do not expect to be back to Chester in the near future, but I would stay here again.

Dear jnhdrac,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for telling us concerns about the breakfast service. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Haymarket, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Checked in, proceeded to room number 3xx and began to exam it prior to bringing in my personal luggage. Room in general was suitable but not thoroughly cleaned as evident by photos numbered 1 thru 3. A sense of security was definitely lacking when the door security bolt had been sheared off and never replaced, photo number 4. Basic room amenities need some daily operational checks, photos 5 and 6. In the bathroom I found a linen string on the floor under the countertop, photo 7. Proceeded to take apart bed number one to find two different types of bugs, I attempted to take as clear a photo as possible but they were small approximately 5 mm in length making it challenging, photos 8 and 9. Examining bed number two was no better, photos 10 thru 14. Fortunately, there were NO bites found on my body the next morning. All I can say is that you make your own decision as to what the photographed bugs actually were is the condition of the room regarding cleanliness to your standards and can you personally accept paying hard earned money to reside in such an environment?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Crystal L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
At the Country Inn & Suites Chester, we value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay for all of our guests. We have reached out to this guest regarding the matter. We use all of guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests to the hotel. We will be working with this guest to resolve this issue in some way. We value the feedback that our guests continue to provide on Trip Advisor
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place was so great on many levels. Quiet, clean, free breakfast (and different every morning), free WI-FI, free COOKIES and free parking. Comfortable beds. Staff was great! What else can you ask for? I slept through the night - ALL THREE NIGHTS I was there. Keep it up!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear mzmeryze,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed you enjoyed our amenities. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We really do hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here July 15, 16th & 17th. We were visiting Civil War sites and chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor rating. I was very disappointed!! The hotel is older and worn. Our room was mostly clean (had one incident but housekeeping promptly took care of it) but the room smelled musty.

My biggest complaint is with the [un]cleanliness of the breakfast area. The second day of our trip the kitchen area was a disaster!! Pancake batter, cereal, and other breakfast items were everywhere! The milk containers were empty and all the tables were dirty. Granted, we did come down at 8:30 but I was still surprised. The girl working the front desk said she was also working the kitchen so I thought, ok, she's busy, this isn't typical. Wrong. When we returned that evening I checked the kitchen area and it was still dirty. Pancake crumbs were still on the floor and counters. The curtain next to the coffee had creamer spilled all down it.

It was the same way the next morning. Before checking out at 11, I took pictures of the dirty kitchen area (two hours after breakfast ended). the pictures show pancake batter and crumbs on the countertop and floor.

I have read other reviews of this inn and many are glowing. However, I will never return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sandra J,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Chester? Share your experiences!