“Perfect Mini Family Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chester
NE WI
“Perfect Mini Family Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I live in Wi and went to meet my new granddaughter. The staff were excellent! Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted and to my surprise, was informed my room had been upgraded! My sisters decided to share my joy and made reservations for the weekend. The staff accomodated our requests and their rooms were across the hall! My room had a nice living room area to visit and spend time getting to know my little Princess. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfasts were tasty! I especially appreciated the "healthy selections" that were available. The staff treated like family! I will definately stay here every opportunity I have to visit my daughter and her family!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear 2Trailblazers,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with you. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your happy time. Congrats to you and your family. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Chester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I took a road trip to do some business which took me from New York City to Charleston, South Carolina. I broke the drive into two legs, and stopping late at night South of Richmond (to avoid any rush hour traffic the following morning) fit the bill. I booked the room the day of my stay using a hotel comparison tool on my phone during one of my gas stops, and Country Inn & Suites was clearly the best bang for the buck. There were other "less than luxurious" hotels and motels in the area that were equivalent in price if not higher, so this was a no-brainer. I got in pretty late, but there was someone at check-in to greet me and I was in my room in less than ten minutes. The room was nice and clean, the bathroom was clean, and the utilities worked without issue. There were other amenities that looked nice, but I was in and out so quickly that they didn't concern me. If I had to make that trip again, and I probably will, I would have no problem staying here. In fact, it would be my first choice as I now know what I'm getting whereas the other hotels are an unknown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Seth H,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your feedback. We appreciate all of our business travelers. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at the Chester Virginia site for four days on points accumulated last year. Staff was great, ammenities very nice, just some minor housekeeping issues. Upon arrival in evening was greeted warmly and found I was the "Guest of the Day", as marked on their bulletin board. Had asked for two queen beds, but found that had been upgraded to king suite. Room was fine except for two items. One, there were some dark stains on the carpet in the middle of the outer foyer area, looked like either large blood stain or furniture stains. Secondly, housekeeping not checking upper areas of room, as I found moldy clusters of dust adhered to where ceiling and walls met. Otherwise housekeeping did a very good job each day cleaning the room and replenishing needed items. Third, sheets on bed kept coming off every night as they were not securely tucked as they should be, and this causes the sheets to roll up under you at night.

I've stayed at this hotel last year twice for a total of about two weeks and they are very receptive to hearing about deficencies. I plan to stay there any time I need to stay in the Richmond area in the future.

Room Tip: You can hear people in floors above you, so ask for something away from elevators and higher floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear IraNan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Congrats on being our Guest of the Day!! We hope you enjoyed your upgraded room. Thank you for all of your comments. We will pass your comments about the housekeeping issues on to our housekeeping staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for choosing us. We hope you will choose us again in the future.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went to visit my son who was at Ft. Lee for some training, he is stationed in Japan. Had not seen him in 7 months, so I was going regaurdless. I was happy with my choice of hotels. I had the studio and there was plenty of room to hang out in. King size bed was comfy, all was clean. Breakfast was great. Value was wonderfull, it is not far from base. Colonial Heights was more expensive and Chester was like 5-10 minutes from there, right off 95, easy acess. Normally do not write reviwes but knowing that military families want to be comfortable while visiting, you can NOT go wrong with this choice. If I had to complain, it would be the WIFI, did not work on our phones..not sure why but didn't matter anyway!

Room Tip: Studio was perfect for what we needed, they only have 2 at this location, they have a one bedroom an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Barb,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We value all of our Military Members and their families. We try very hard to accommodate them. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the WIFI. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. We value all guest feedback. We will pass your comments on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time.

Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I decided at the last minute to get away before the New Year. Went online and found this hotel. We are always sketical because pictures dont always match what you get. Upon arrival, it was a little hard to find; but everything online was what we saw inside. We had a wonderful time and have now decided to try Country Inn first when traveling, we have never been loyal to one hotel chain, always the best price. We actual got a good deal for booking online. Room was great, nice and clean. Pool and hot tub were very relaxing, and the breakfast was nice. We had a great time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear ladycte,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Chester during the holiday. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you will give us a try again in the future.

Nashua, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Checked into facilty on 1/3/13 after a very long day of travel. Was assigned to room 326. Noticed right away an over powering smell of room deoderizer. The bathroom is in terrible shape, the stopper in the sink is totally missing, one of the hinges on the toilet is broken and hanging to one side, and he grill in the shower is filthy...

During the night I had an allergc reaction to animal dander and had to change beds for the remainder night after taking medication.

When I reported this to the manager (Amanda?) the next morning I was told I was mistaken that there was no way possible that an animal had been in the room, and I should have demanded to change rooms inthe middle of the night.

I have stayed a Country Inns on many different occasions and this facilty is definately not up to their standards.

Room Tip: Do not get room 326!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
At the Country Inn & Suites Chester, we value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay for all of our guests. We have reached out to this guest regarding the matter. We use all of guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests to the hotel. We will be working with this guest to resolve this issue in some way. We value the feedback that our guests continue to provide on Trip Advisor.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel is behind a car lot and gas station, but a short winding road will take you right to it. Staff is very good and willing to help. Indoor pool was nice and breakfast is your standard fare. Bed was very good and the bathrooms looked a bit old, but were clean. We had some problems adjusting the thermostat, but after a while the temperature came into control. We also had problems with our card keys. We had to both get them reset several times during our stay. The front desk clerk was always willing to reset the cards. I can see one card getting erased, but we held the other card away from anything magnetic and still had a problem. Chester is not a big area and this hotel is close to shopping and resturants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear dectree,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We are very sorry for the inconvenience with the room key not working. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Chester

Been to Country Inn & Suites Chester? Share your experiences!