“Our Favorite Italian Place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Our Favorite Italian Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Antonio's is our favorite Italian Place to eat! They are always friendly, have a piano player for the evening meals, provide generous portions for a very good price and service is friendly and efficient. Our favorite take-out is the Deep Dish Sicilian pizza with 5 toppings and the Italian Antipasto! Eat in or Take out….this place is hard to beat for the price, quality, quantity, and Service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Good Authentic Italian Gourmet Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

A few months ago I went to this restaurant for lunch. During the time, it wasnt too busy inside, so I was able to be seated immediately. After being seated, I immediately noticed that there was a change to the menu. I also noticed that with the menu change, the entree's did not come with a soup or salad. Its possible that they might have came with a soup or salad upon request. But here is my review.

The Good:
Speedy Service: I cant speak for how busy the restaurant is during dinner time, but during lunch, I was seated, ordered my food and received it fresh and hot all within 20 minutes. I'm a stickler for speedy service, especially when I'm hungry.

Quality of Food: No this is not a 5 star restaurant, but the food was pretty tasty. I ordered the Chicken Alfredo and the chicken was authentic, noodles were cooked perfectly and sauce was addictive. One thing about the Alfredo Sauce was that it probably had half the amount of fat as the Alfredo sauce at Cheesecake Factory, so no... I did not feel my arteries clogging while I feasted on this meal.

The Bad:
Quality of Service: While I received my entree fairly quickly, The bread that came with the meal came out with the entree. This restaurant has very good bread and I thought it was typical for restaurants to serve bread along with drinks or shortly after. Also, Chicken Alfredo is not on the menu. The menu has a pasta section that offers only Fettucini Alfredo. If you want Chicken or any other meat you have to ask for it. You also have to ask how much the addition would cost because there is a chance the server will not tell you. With that being said, there might have been a chance that soup and salad was offered with the meal, but I was so hungry, I did not bother asking.

Overall: The food was good, it came out quickly, the cost of the food was reasonable and I was satisfied. With all that was said, it was not a perfect experience. FOUR STARS.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester
“Great Italian Restaurant in Chester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The lasagna along with the baked bread and crackers is delicious. You can also order pizza for one anyway you like. Nice bar area for a glass of wine/beer/cocktail or to wait for the rest of your party. Atmosphere is pleasant and inviting.

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Passable Americanized Italian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

There must be a template that theses kind of Italian restaurants are designed to follow-Sinatra on the stereo and pre-made desserts on the menu. There is a clever wine bar inside, but if you're expecting authentic Italian pizza you won't find it here. The price is right, but, while tasty enough, it doesn't stand out.

Visited October 2013
Chester, Virginia
“Disappointed with each experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sadly, I have never had a good experience at Antonio's Italian Rest. Service is just mediocre and quality of food is hit or miss. I ate there last night and had several issues. First, ordered coffee with Baileys Irish Cream. The waitress sat my coffee mug down and said- we are out of Baileys so I brought you Kahula. She took the liberty of bringing me a drink I didn't ask for with no apology. JUST WRONG. What if I didn't like Kaluha? It would have gone to waste. A rest. doesn't make profit that way, nor does a customer like being given a substitute without being asked if it's okay to do so. Then the so called hot rolls were stone cold and hard as rocks. Then the waitress took my granddaughters salad before she could even eat it. She had to say... "please put that salad down". The lasagna was just okay, not what I would expect from an Italian restaurant. I don't recommend this place.

Visited July 2013