“Never fails to please” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
McKinleyville, California
“Never fails to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Every time I am visiting relatives in Virginia, we have dinner at Sapori. We order different items each time, but even with trying new things they all taste wonderful. This time we had fresh farmer's market items along with Italian wine. The atmosphere is comfortable and the food is delicious.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am returning to this restaurant because the food and service were very good. My party arrived around 5:30pm. The waitress told us that all appetizers were $3 off between 3-6pm. We weren't going to order any appetizer. But we did because of the special. When the bill came, I noticed that they charged us the appetizers full price. I told the waitress and she said that she would ask the manager about it. She came back and said that the special was only for Mon-Fri. Since it was the waitress's fault, I would expect the restaurant would still give us the $3 off. I guess the $3 is more important than repeating customers.

The food was good. My friend's and my side was asparagus. I know that we are supposed to get 3 asparagus, but we only got 2.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hopewell, Virginia
“Sapori a family restaurant with a flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Sapori a family owned restaurant is a great stop for lunch or dinner. The Amato's have created a fabulous dining experience. The Italian flair is incredible and the flavors(Sapori) can only be matched by a trip overseas. Enjoy a romantic night for two or take the entire family, you will enjoy.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food is terrible, service is even worse.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I loved Little Italian Pizza Man and Luca's, (before it was sold.) I have been twice, that was enough for me. Menu aims too high and the servers need a swift kick in the pants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“Friendly, authentic & affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just returned from a group lunch visit. They greeted us at the door and had our table for 12 ready. Fairly extensive lunch menu, 1/2 portions of all the regular dinner entrees as well as soup & sandwich combos. Service was excellent, food came quickly. Everything very fresh and well-prepared, obviously quality ingredients. Chatted with the owner briefly, originally from Sicily, and the flavors and combinations reflect that. He is clearly proud of his creations, and he should be. Hard to find such a variety of authentic, flavorful Italian dishes at such reasonable prices. I'll be back.

• Visited April 2012