“Road stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Manchester, Ct.
“Road stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We decided to stop here on way home from Charleston for the night. The staff was very helpful and room clean and welcoming. It was an average Mariott Courtyard but exactly what we expected. We asked for a dinner suggestion and the restaurant was very good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi There,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your way home to Charleston and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. I'm delighted to hear that my team provided you a warm, helpful and clean accomodations.

Sonita Segrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The absolute best part about our stay was the staff. We had just rolled into town after a 9-hour drive with a screaming 2-month-old infant, and despite being totally fried were driving around to check prices at the various hotels. While my wife stayed in the car with our son, I made 3 trips inside to ask a million questions, and Lawana was so patient, kind, and courteous that we decided to stay despite finding better prices elsewhere. We had several bags and a pack-and-play, and I had asked about a cart - there were none available. That's when Henri, the godsend of our day, stepped in. Henri came out to the car with me, making polite conversation and offering to personally carry our belongings in for us. He was so sweet to our son, and carried all of our heaviest things in for us - he literally offered to take the ONE bag I was carrying as well, and my wife came in with nothing at all in her arms. Henri pointed out amenities that we might desire as we walked to the elevator (with a pack-and play on his shoulder and probably 80 pounds of luggage in his hands) and was pleasant and informative the whole way to our room. He carried the bags in for us and set them down softly and carefully, shook my hand and headed right out. Lawana was great, Henri was AMAZING, and they both made our stay here excellent - we highly recommend this place to others who are passing through and need a warm reception at the end of a long day.

Room Tip: I hope that Henri and Lawana are working when you stop by!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello,
On behalf of the entire staff , thank you for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your exeperience. We are delighted that Henri and Lawana provided you an amazing customer service.

Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a good Marriott to stay at if you are sleeping here. Under no circumstances should you eat at the Bristro in the lobby. I just had the worst sandwich I have ever seen. It was their signature Bristol burger. It was cold and the cheese was stuck hard to the bun because it had been sitting out for what had to be more than an hour. The lady fried up some fries and threw them on top to hide the sandwich. The bread had already been smashed like it had been served to someone else and they didn't want it. Again the hotel is good. Please do not eat at the lobby mini restraint (bristro) . The lady that had cooked it would even look at me while I was talking because she knew what she had done. This happened at 6pm tuesday june 10th.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello There,
Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincre apology for the inconvenience you have encountered while dining in our Bistro. We take great pride in ensuring all our guests have a great experience when staying with us and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations. I hope that you would give us another chance in the near future.

Sonita Segrest,GM
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

About what you expect from a Courtyard. The room was average and clean. Check-in was fine. No problems with staff or maid service. I tried a salad from the serving station downstairs one night and it was fine. Nothing special, but no drama either = three stars.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased that you had a satisfactory stay and we hope to be able to serve you again in the the near future.

Onancock, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and there were a few problems. Girl that checked me in was most unfriendly, wanted to see ID, and said I had reservation under 2 names and both of us needed to be there to check in.Then she told me how to pay for the room. Felt like a trip to the DMV. After driving all day and having to get ready it was annoying.

The room smelled bad liked it had been smoked in and cleaned with a foul smelling cleaner. I did not ask for another room because I did not want to deal with girl at the desk. There were 3 different front desk people during our stay and none of them nice. I met several of the cleaning staff and they were all nice. They should switch them out with the front desk. Do not get a room a room facing the road because it is very noisy with the cheap sliding glass doors.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi There,
Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the incovenience you have encountered with my front desk associates during the checked in process. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction ,unfortunately we did not meet your expectations.

We would like to regain your trust and hope that you would give us another chance in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 804-414-1010 if I may be of assistance.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The rooms were clean and large but there wasn't much that made them stand out. Pretty bland boring decor. The pool was a huge disappointment. Not only was it small and way over chlorinated it was in a tiny enclosed space with only a few chairs and there was no way to enjoy it with all the kids shouting and squealing. It was so loud my ears rang for hours after leaving. The hot tub was roped off for repairs. There was a lacrosse championship and the hotel had dozens of young boys and teenagers running rampant through the halls, lobby, and parking lot till very late at night. The staff seemed oblivious to it. And I'm pretty sure they did not have a continental breakfast. I tried to find out but it was never made clear. I've stayed in cheap motels that were heads above this Marriott. Really not worth the price.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
chester800, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay . Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance ,please don't hesitate to contact me.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Great hotel, very convenient. We were in the area for a Wedding. We had three rooms and each was very nice. I accidentally left some jewelry in our room and called the next day from our next location to see if they had found it. I spoke with "Sonita", the Manager, and she was so helpful and told me she would do her best to locate it and get back to me. She called back and said they had found it! She offered to mail it to me but since we were coming back that way on our way to the airport we told her we would stop and pick it up. I was so happy!!! I really appreciate her help and other staff members in finding my items. We would definitely stay here again! Marriott is always our first choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hi There,
It was a pleasure meeting you ,your husband and your your mom. Thank you so much for staying with us and most especially for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you had an ejoyable stay.

Sonita Segrest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Hampton Inn Chester
Homewood Suites Chester
Homewood Suites Chester
#7 of 14 in Chester
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!