“Consistenly Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Chester
BROOMALL
“Consistenly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions for business. The staff are always courteous and attentive. On my last stay they went out of their way to help scan a document in the business center when they didn't have to. The lobby is very nice, actually a little chic and stylish. The rooms are nice in size, they are clean, quiet and have comfortable beds. Housekeeping is accommodating with anything you need. The front desk was gracious enough to change my reservation last minute to accommodate my schedule.
The exercise is just that, an exercise room, not an attempt at one, but one that you can actually get a work out in.
Couldn't ask for more in a three star hotel at this price.
Craig Camel
Advanced Mold Diagnostics

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We always try to extend the best of our services to our guests all the time. We are happy to know that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations with our impeccable service. Thank you for staying with us - take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here at the recommendation of the Homewood Suites because they were at capacity. I was able to make a reservation over the phone, but when I went to check in at the counter, I had to regive all my info. Fine. I go up to my room and it smelled moldy/musty. As an asthmatic, that doesn't work for me. So back down to the front desk I went to request a new room. After waiting a little bit, they gave me a new room. I went to the room and it was like I walked into a room that already had a guest using it. The tv was on, the sheets were pulled as if someone had gotten up from a nap, there was shaving residue on the sink, urine & toilet paper in the toilet, etc. it seemed like a used room. So I called down and told them my issues. A man came up and changed the sheets, but that was it. I asked several times if it was a room that was already assigned since it appeared that way. I showed him all the things I found. He said he'd take 10% off my bill. -_- not good enough I told him. He said he'd pass it along to his boss and let him handle it. The second set of sheets were also stained and after my tiring day, I gave up on comfort. I slept in the clothes I wore all day because I didn't want our clean clothes on the bed. The bedding gave me the creeps like bugs were crawling all over my body. I washed my hair 1st thing in the morning because I didn't want bugs living in there. Does that seem right to you? My room smelled like cigarette smoke. If I enjoyed that smell, I would smoke. I didn't know where it came from till the morning- the lower level outside lounge available for guest use. Again, I am an asthmatic and smoke is a trigger for me.That's why I couldn't stay at the Homewood with their available smoking rooms. I had to use my inhaler many times during our stay, and even after I left. I should have promptly checked out after the second set of stained sheets and slept in my car. That would have been better than the Courtyard in Chester. I saw you're a "Shamin property" and that's probably why the Homewood recommended it because they are too, but Shamin should also be ashamed of the property. When I got up after a restless night around 5am, I decided it was best to check out and start the day. The front desk rep didnt greet me or ask me about my stay. she only said, "your keys are all I need, bye bye!" It makes a bad experience worse when problems and bad customer care are coupled together. This was my 1st experience staying in a Marriott property. I only went there because the rep at Homewood Suites said it was "recently renovated and comparable to Hilton's Garden Inn." None of that statement seemed to hold true. I've stayed in plenty of Garden Inns and none look and function like this, and if it was recently renovated, then it needs another one. The room was dirty and simple fixes are neglected.

• Stayed November 2012
It was most unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations. We shall make sure that we work on and improve our services in the future, keeping your feedback in perspective. Thank you very much.
Coopersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for one night while visiting our daughter, and the hotel was bright, clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. Customer service at all Marriotts are always
exceptional. This Marriott was no exception. We had breakfast at the hotel, and the food was
good, and the staff was very friendly and cheerful. Have tried other hotels in this area, that are
cheaper, but never satisfied. We will stay with this marriott for future visits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We all look forward to have you and serve you again. Always at your service - take care
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was exquisite and the rooms were huge. such a surprise at a highway exit. the staff was pleasant and helpful. sleeping wasnt a problem because there was not a sound in the hallway. Rooms include flat screen tvs and two queen beds rather than the standard double

Room Tip: when traveling on I-95 this is a definite sleep choice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stone Mountain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

During a road trip from Georgia to New York, we made Richmond our half way point, and we made this hotel our spot for the night. What a great choice. We booked a room with two beds, each bed was a queen not a full, which makes a difference if you are sharing a bed! The beds were very confortable, and the room was very clean and well maintained. The bar and bistro in the lobby is just what the doctor ordered after driving all day. Customer service could not have been better, and we enjoyed it so much we stop there and spent the night on the way back as well. The only negitive thing i could say is the elevator is VERY slow, but they say it was because one was not working at the time, however when we returned a week later it was still very slow.

Room Tip: Elevator very slow so you may want to ask for a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

- We stayed here as a family of 4 for about a week. We had a room on the courtyard level (really the basement level). It was very nice! High ceilings, sliding door to the courtyard, the pool/spa and exercise room were just 2 doors down which was great for the kids!
- Parking is abundant and the hotel is just off of the interstate without being in a crazy busy area. There is a Walmart and other shopping amenities within a 5 minute drive.
- Another rater mentioned that their room was out-of-date and unkempt - mine was not. It was very nicely furnished with a flat-screen tv, pull-out couch, desk area and a small refrigerator. I can be a little paranoid if the room seems dirty but that was not the case in this hotel.

The only reason I knocked my rating down one was the fact that they offered free coffee but if you wanted something to eat there was food available for purchase. For the price paid to stay the hotel could at least offer something simple like an assortment of pastries/muffins and fruit to go along with the coffee.

Room Tip: Lower Level rooms allow you to walk straight out into the courtyard and are on the same level as the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hinesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here with my husband while I was at training at Ft Lee. The place was close to post and they offered military discount which was great because when I booked online they didn't. When I arrived, I spoke to the front desk and she dropped the price. The room looked exactly like it does on their website. It was clean and comfortable. They only bad thing; they are only close to 2 fast food restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Hampton Inn Chester
Homewood Suites Chester
Homewood Suites Chester
#7 of 14 in Chester
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!