“lovely place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Hinesville, Georgia
“lovely place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here with my husband while I was at training at Ft Lee. The place was close to post and they offered military discount which was great because when I booked online they didn't. When I arrived, I spoke to the front desk and she dropped the price. The room looked exactly like it does on their website. It was clean and comfortable. They only bad thing; they are only close to 2 fast food restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard as they are usually a reasonable hotel. I first noticed that the elevator was filthy. The carpet has not seen an edge vacuum in years. My room, with dated decor,had a strong stale odor which did not diminish even with the door to the balcony open. I didn't complain or ask for another room as I was told when I checked in without a reservation this was the only room available. I left a glass on the nightstand with a small amount of coca-cola in it when I went to sleep. I awoke to the nightstand swarming with ants. Tried using the room phone to call the front desk, got only a busy signal. I got myself together and headed for the checkout. When I reported the ants, the woman at the desk first joked that the ants thought the coca-cola was a treat for them. Then she told me this time of year they can hardly stay on top of the problem and have the exterminator our every two weeks or so. For $149 a night, I don't want to stay in a room with pests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel while driving down to Florida. We chose this location after first reviewing many of the others in the area and decided that this would be our best bet. Its very conveniently located off of 95 and is located near plenty of eateries and shopping. The front desk was pleasant and courteous and check in was quick. Overall the hotel was clean and to our liking, but I was as satisfied with our room. The room was spacious and comfortable, but the carpet definitely needs to be changed. There were large, noticeable stains all over the carpet and there was a foul odor on one of the beds. If we were going to stay here for more than a few hours for a quick layover I would have definitely requested that our room be switched. I would, however, stay here again and would recommend this location to other travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hi. We stayed at the Courtyard Richmond Chester for a stopover while driving north. The hotel was 1 mins off I-95, so each on/off. We found the hotel via the I95 hotel coupon books you pick up at rest stops or gas stations, and as the hotel is in a business area, they had great weekend deals!
The hotel itself is a newer or renovated courtyard, with the updated public bar, restaurant, business area...very organized and clean! The room was also very clean, and bed very comfortable.
There were a few restaurants and shopping areas within a 5 mins drive or so

Overall a great place to stay if you just need to spend the night off of I-95. As we got to the hotel at 9pm and left by 9am, can't say much else in general about the area

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed in a very reasonably priced suite with my wife and 6 year old child. The rooms were clean and very large with ample storage and counter space. While sparcely furnished, I appreciated the ability to easily move around the room including having a large suitcase open on the luggage holder and the sofa converted to a bed in the living room. The workout facility was top notch with individuals TVs on each piece of equipment and the pool was the most comfortable (warm) indoor pool I have experienced in any hotel. Unfortunately, the jets were not working in the hot tub. The large common area, easily accessible business area, free wireless access, and outstanding Bistro (including calorie counts!) will make this my regular place to stay when I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

When you walk in the lobby it is so clean and neat and bright. The bistro has a nice feel to it. The rooms are clean and fresh! It is so close to 95 and downtown Richmond!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This hotel features suite type rooms at each end of each floor for the same price that I would expect to pay for a regular room. A large living room with TV, microwave, fridge, counter and sink, pull-out-couch bed, work station, and chairs with outdoor balcony. Second room has a large door in-between and features a large counter and sink, full closet, and bedroom with king bed and drawers with a large picture window. Bathroom is separate and good size. There is large sitting area lobby with TV's as well as a Bistro open for breakfast and again in the evening. Gym was ok and indoor pool I did not use looked good. Service at the hotel was exceptionally good ...one night someone sneaked in a dog and left it alone in the room across the hall, when it began to bark I called down to the front desk and they investigated but no one was in the room. After another half hour of listening to the barking I called down again. Problem solved ...not sure what they did but the barking stopped and I went to bed. (Hope they didn't throw it off the balcony!)
Great location with plenty of restaurants and Starbucks close by. I would highly recommend. Not sure what the normal price for these rooms are but we got it for $99.00 a night. Would definitely return!!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite at the end of each floor.