“I do not understand.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Georgia
“I do not understand.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Well maintained or recently renovated 15 year old facility tucked off the main road but only a hop to the Interstate. Just a few issues w/rusty railings, a few sagging ornamental rails on the roof over the pool and one shoddy carpet repair. Otherwise very acceptable and very clean. Breakfast average. Room very nice. Remember that the pillows are compacted to look "cool" but simply unfold the case and you will not be sleeping on rock. Would stay there again. However, do not be too surprised when a train passes the adjacent rail tracks on sounds their air horn. Could wake the dead in the wee hours. Request a room on the west side to minimize.

Desere' at check in was wonderful, sorting out my prepaid reservation confusion & deserves a gold star for personality and persevering.

Hotel has TDY housing for personnel in training at nearby military base so a lot of smokers outside the lobby door.

What I do not understand is why the closest parking place to the entrance is clearly marked "Reserved for General Manager". Service industry? Hmmmm. Of course I parked there as often as possible during my five day stay.

Room Tip: West side may be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The staff is very friendly and the hotel is extremely clean--which is always a great thing.
The pool is indoor and opens to the outside; the gym is VERY simple--a tiny room crowded with outdated cardio machines (4 of them)
The rooms are clean and smell fresh; I did have suspicions on why the hotel smelled like strong Febreze, but it looks clean so I gave it the benefit of the doubt.
The rooms are extremely tiny. I would not suggest staying here more than one or two nights. There are four very small drawers (about the size of a night stand) for storing clothes and other necessities. The "closet" is large enough to hang a few outfits and put a small bag on the floor. I mean, cosmetic bag small.
The microwave is very outdated but works, the tv is large and bolted to the desk. I can understand why they did this, but it is very inconvenient since the desk is the only place to eat and the tv cannot be adjusted to rotate for better viewing.
The area is decent; right next to the hotel runs a train that blazes its horn a few times a night starting at about 5 pm. It's very convenient to the interstate and gas stations.

Bottom Line:
It's clean, has a hot breakfast, nice staff and is in a decent location BUT...
VERY small space in the rooms, inconvenient placement of furniture and appliances and the train track right next to the hotel is really loud for light sleepers.

Room Tip: They have king bed suites available, but they are limited, so call ahead and make sure you are on th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
chesterfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I booked a king suite with a sofa bed for my husband , myself and 3 grandsons. 7,6 and 3. the hotel is being renovated... well there was no sleep sofa. In fact half the room was empty with nowhere to sit. FIVE PEOPLE CANNOT FIT IN A KING BED. The reason for going was to take the boys swimming. I called ahead ( twice) to make sure pool was operable. The heater was broken and the watrr was impossible to swim in, would have been better suited for ice hockey. To top it all off, MY 3 YR OLD GRANDSON FOUND DOUBLE EDGED RAZOR BLADES LEFT IN THE HALL BY CONSTRUCTION WORKERS. I do not reccommend this hotel at all and WILL NEVER GO BACK!!! IF ALL SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE THE RATES SHOULD REFLECT THAT

• Stayed March 2014
Kemptville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel is undergoing major construction everywhere. - rooms and halls. Not all rooms are available and the pool was closed. Our room was new and recently finished. Half the room was empty so there was nowhere to sit. But is was extremely clean and well stocked. It was a good place to stop along our route. But if you want a pool to relax make sure you call ahead.

Room Tip: under construction
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Havre de Grace, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I made reservation at the Quality Inn in Chester, VA on November 2 -3rd. The staff there was informed that I will be arriving about 5 am and assured me that this would not be a problem. I spoke to two separate staff at the Chester, VA site prior to arriving and they both told me that it would not be a problem. When I arrived at 5:06 am and checked in I was not made aware that I would be charged an additional day for checking in before 7 am. I signed a receipt for $59 rate per night (with coupons) and proceed to my rooms. Later that day I went out as planned. While I was out I received a call from another staff, stating that I was being charged for an additional day. At that time explained the situation to her and asked to speak with a manager. She stated that the manager was not onsite, but will call me back. I never heard from the manager. When I returned with my children the rooms was locked with my belongings inside. The staff at the front disk informed me that he was informed by his manager to lock the rooms and charge me for an additional day. I asked to speak with the manager and he called her and we spoke. Once again I explained the situation to the manager. After about 30 minutes she advised the staff to unlock the doors. Upon checking out on Sunday, November 3rd, the supervisor was at the front disk and we spoke about how unhappy I was with the service. Several of the staff were informed of my arrival time and should have informed me of the policy at that time. I would have rearranged my schedule to arrive later. The staff at Chester, VA location should have known the policy and provided adequate information to me. I should not be held accountable for the additional charges. I will never stay at another Quality Inn Suite within the United States. I book a lot of hotels for business and I will make it my place to never recommend this hotel to my customers or management team.

To top it all off, the initial rooms I was assigned, the beds weren't made and the rooms weren't clean. The rooms were not joining rooms like I requested. Very poor service all around.

Room Tip: Make sure that you call ahead and check when you get there.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
QualityInn340, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies. I do understand your frustration, a few of our staff was confused on our early check-in procedure, and did not provide accurate information. All employees have been retrained, to assure we will not have this problem again. We ask that you give us another opportunity to better host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!
I would invite you to contact me personally at 804-796-5200 to discuss this with you further. (email is aamayzingg@gmail.com)
Regards,
Your Quality Inn Family
Mills River, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My room as well as the facility was very clean!! The mattress was, not too soft and not too hard.....just right!! Plenty of pillows to select from going from soft to firm.....which was great since I forgot to bring my pillow from home. The breakfast items were the usual fare found these days, but the staff was attentive to ensure that hot items were kept full / warm. I found the front desk staff to be helpful with any questions I raised and friendly. I would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
QualityInn340, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guests, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review after your stay our Quality Inn. With pleasure we read that you appreciated your stay and the services provided by our staff. Looking forward to your return visit. With best regards, from our family, to yours! :)
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel and staff are very nice. I needed to check in early and was able to get my room with no problem. The room is spacious and clean.I did not eat breakfast but there were people there enjoying it. I will definitely visit again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. If your future travel plans bring you back to Chester, we will be delighted to serve you again. Kind regards from your Quality Inn family.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!