“Last Minute” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Newton, United States
“Last Minute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were unable to locate a hotel late at night. It turns out, many military families were in the area as their soldiers returned from deployment. We were not aware of this when arriving there. We are glad there were rooms at this hotel as we were looking at nearly midnight.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Chester, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Rebecca M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy that we were able to accommodate you on short notice and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Nicole Clay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel's breakfast and dinner included in the room price is very good value. Hotel staffs are friendly and room is clean. Athough the bathroom is kind of outdated and the A/c is a little noisy. I will definitely consider to stay at this hotel again if I'm in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a good value with breakfast and dinner included. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great stay, great accommodations, liked that the rooms had a full size kitchen and sofa. I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and dinner they served. The front counter staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed for a about a week and the only issue I had was my room had a slight musty smell as if the carpets had been cleaned and not dried completely but otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Greg K,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our suites to be what you needed for your extended stay! We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

OK place and stay... but they really need to fix the interior doors in the rooms so they stay open. Location is OK but a little tricky to find. Staff is very good and knowledgeable. Having to type 200 characters is baloney...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear D9282PQanthonyb,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with the interior doors during your stay. I will relay the problems to my maintenance team so we can work on a solution. Thank you for brining the problem to our attention. I am happy to see that our staff was “very good and knowledgeable”. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the Chester area.

greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was on my way back from vacation and stopped at Homewood suites for the night. The staff was friendly and the room was good, the only trouble I experienced was the stove burners did not work.I called for help and was told that the maintenance man was gone for the night, no one offered to move us to a working room, and i was not aware of a 100% satisfaction guarantee or I would have insisted on compensation, as i had my family with me and wanted to cook the food we brought to save on eating out expenses. I asked the front desk twice to assist with the stove and received not even an apology.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with the stove. I am very sorry for the lack of action and concern on behalf of my team. Thank you for brining the problem to my attention. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please email me at nicole.clay@hilton.com or call me at the hotel at 804-751-0010. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

North East, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped at this hotel at around 10:00 PM while traveling down to Myrtle Beach. We easily checked-in online and our room was ready when we arrived a few minutes later. The room was a little dated but it was comfortable, clean, and quiet. My family (two kids and wife) all got a great night’s sleep and felt comfortable while getting it. In the morning we ate a great continental breakfast and were out the door. The staff at arrival and departure was friendly and made the family feel as if they appreciated our business.

Room Tip: Request High Level Away From Elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear GATravlr99,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our suites to be clean and comfortable and our staff friendly! We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stopped here on a drive home from Orlando. Hotel is a little dated, but clean. The complementary breakfast was perfect and filled us up for the drive home. Lots of restaurants near-by and very convenient to Rt 95. Making it a great stop for travelers needing a good night sleep on a road trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Chester, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear 779jeffs,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with my team.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Nicole Clay

Been to Homewood Suites Chester? Share your experiences!