“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel's breakfast and dinner included in the room price is very good value. Hotel staffs are friendly and room is clean. Athough the bathroom is kind of outdated and the A/c is a little noisy. I will definitely consider to stay at this hotel again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a good value with breakfast and dinner included. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great stay, great accommodations, liked that the rooms had a full size kitchen and sofa. I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and dinner they served. The front counter staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed for a about a week and the only issue I had was my room had a slight musty smell as if the carpets had been cleaned and not dried completely but otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Greg K,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our suites to be what you needed for your extended stay! We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

OK place and stay... but they really need to fix the interior doors in the rooms so they stay open. Location is OK but a little tricky to find. Staff is very good and knowledgeable. Having to type 200 characters is baloney...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear D9282PQanthonyb,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with the interior doors during your stay. I will relay the problems to my maintenance team so we can work on a solution. Thank you for brining the problem to our attention. I am happy to see that our staff was “very good and knowledgeable”. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the Chester area.

greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was on my way back from vacation and stopped at Homewood suites for the night. The staff was friendly and the room was good, the only trouble I experienced was the stove burners did not work.I called for help and was told that the maintenance man was gone for the night, no one offered to move us to a working room, and i was not aware of a 100% satisfaction guarantee or I would have insisted on compensation, as i had my family with me and wanted to cook the food we brought to save on eating out expenses. I asked the front desk twice to assist with the stove and received not even an apology.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with the stove. I am very sorry for the lack of action and concern on behalf of my team. Thank you for brining the problem to my attention. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please email me at nicole.clay@hilton.com or call me at the hotel at 804-751-0010. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

North East, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped at this hotel at around 10:00 PM while traveling down to Myrtle Beach. We easily checked-in online and our room was ready when we arrived a few minutes later. The room was a little dated but it was comfortable, clean, and quiet. My family (two kids and wife) all got a great night’s sleep and felt comfortable while getting it. In the morning we ate a great continental breakfast and were out the door. The staff at arrival and departure was friendly and made the family feel as if they appreciated our business.

Room Tip: Request High Level Away From Elevator.
Dear GATravlr99,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our suites to be clean and comfortable and our staff friendly! We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stopped here on a drive home from Orlando. Hotel is a little dated, but clean. The complementary breakfast was perfect and filled us up for the drive home. Lots of restaurants near-by and very convenient to Rt 95. Making it a great stop for travelers needing a good night sleep on a road trip.

• 3 of 5 stars
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear 779jeffs,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with my team.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Chester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We decided to stay at Homewood Suites in Chester while we were in the process of moving to Fort Lee and needed a place to stay for a few days before moving into our house, since we had just stayed at the Knoxville, TN Homewood Suites for the previous weekend and loved it. Unfortunately, the Chester location didn't live up to the high standards we experienced in TN.

First, we made the reservations for this location at the Knoxville one and were told that all Homewood Suites accepted pets, there was just a fee. However, when we arrived, after we'd already brought in our two cats and all of their supplies to the room, we discovered that pets were not allowed. Thankfully, we had already signed for our house and had the keys, so we ended up having them stay in the empty house instead of with us as we'd planned.

Secondly, the bedding smelled like it had been doused with an entire bottle of Febreeze...to the point of giving me a headache the first night. It also makes me wonder why they felt the need to deodorize the bedding so thoroughly.

Next, the living room layout was rather awkward because in order to use the sleeper couch, you practically had to rearrange all of the furniture to be able to pull it out all the way.

On the plus side, we did enjoy the free breakfasts and dinners (even though we slept in too late every morning except our last to take advantage of the breakfast). We also liked the convenience of the location in that it was right off the interstate and close to plenty of dining and shopping options.

Overall, it's not a bad hotel, we just had such a great experience at the Knoxville, TN location, we've come to expect the same standards from all Homewood Suites.

Dear Adrienne W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry for the miscommunication with pets. It is up to the individual hotels whether or not they accept pets and we do not except for ADA accommodations. Thank you for bringing the deodorized smell of the linens to our attention, I will need to check the chemical dispenser on the wash to ensure it is dispensing the correct amount of chemicals as they should not be overwhelming.
Thanks again for the review and welcome to the beautiful state of Virginia!

Nicole Clay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Hampton Inn Chester
Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Chester
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Residence Inn Richmond Chester
Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton? Share your experiences!