“Nice and quite hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chester
New York City, New York
“Nice and quite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

On our way from NYC to Myrtle Beach and back to NYC, we always stop over for the night at Homewood Suites. We are a family of 6. We rent the larger 2 bedroom suite. The service is excellent, the price is reasonable and location near the highway. They have a pool. Okay, the water is not very clear and looks dirty. Don't open you eyes, they will burn. My kids no longer want to use the pool, because even with goggles, they can't see anything under water. I hope management will do something about it. It is a good management and I know they read and listen to comments of clients. Breakfast is good and free. But, if it is busy, come early.
Every time we travel from NYC to Myrtle Beach, we will stop at Homewoods. We simply like it there.

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely located. Don't take a room close to a door, it makes noice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Chester for a family reunion. The hotel’s location was convenient to the family reunion events and priced to accommodate most budgets. The hotel had a pool, fitness center, meeting space, and offered free breakfast. The rooms were equipped with kitchens. For the price, it was, okay. The rooms were not particularly comfortable. Even though the hotel had a living, bedroom and kitchen area, it felt very cramped. In addition, the noisy air conditioning unit in the bedroom area of the suite made it hard to sleep. The tub in our bathroom was stained with rust. The free hot breakfast was not very good. The hotel served its purpose and was certainly not exactly terrible; it just wouldn’t be my choice for a stay in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eureka, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days while visiting my son at Fort Lee. there was lots of road construction in the area and it made it difficult to get in and out of the parking lot. This hotel is located behind two other hotels so it is a little tricky to find anyway. It is a quick 15 min drive to Fort Lee so the location was just right. I would have prefered to stay closer to the base but the prices near there are much higher. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. My room was a one king bed suite which was fine. I liked that I had a full size refridgerator, I was able to go grocery shopping and get some food. They also offer breakfast and a mangers evening meal. I did have breakfast but not the evening meal. The breakfast was generic hotel food, the hot food did not look great to me so I opted for toast and juice. The pool area is small and the water seemed sort of dirty and cloudy. There is also a very small fitness area but we did not use this. One one complaint would be the air conditioners, they kick on and off all night long and it was so loud it would wake me up. It was very warm the days I was there so I didn't want to turn it off but it was annoying. The shower was also small and ackward. There was no tub just the shower and the way the shower head was postioned and the way the door was set up it was just strange. I am tall and normally showerheads are to low for me but this one was the opposite, it was very high. If you were smaller you might find it difficult. Overall my stay was fine. It was a good price for everything that I got. I highly doubt I will ever be back in the area, as my son is being transfered, but if I was back I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Ups: Great housekeeping people - nice, friendly, SERIOUSLY immaculate.
Downs: Attention to serious impact problems for guests in an EXTENDED stay properly.
Listed in 'IMPACT' order:
- Serious probs with TV (cable) for OVER 3 weeks (throughout entire hotel) - Sometimes UNWATCHABLE - Cuts out, pixellates, freezes every 15-20 min for up to 3 min at a time - (full disclosure - After multiple 'playing dumb' responses from front desk staff after multiple queries (same prob in different rooms)... when queried, hotel GM admitted serious probs with 'rent a movie' system installed and working it - but (a) this shouldn't take over 3 weeks to fix in (b) a Hilton property with fairly standardized, industrial strength media and IT systems management.)

Multiple exterior security doors broken (either completely unlocked or not room card functional for three weeks (various excuses).

Ceiling fan inop and loud heating/AC units (need maint to quiet them - in multiple rooms - annoying when trying to sleep, almost insignificant compared to TV and security door issues at this point).

Bottom Line - Here, at one of the nicer (and preferred) extended stay Hilton properties, we (frequent travelers, loyal Hilton travelers) are surprised to see this many probs at one property... "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln... how was the play?"

Nuff said. Hopefully next stay will be better (we are back here again for another work stay soon.)

Room Tip: AC units noisy during sleep hours - fairly uniform otherwise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

A pleasant Hilton property. Everything went just fine, no problems. I had a spacious one bedroom suite for the cost of a single room in many other places. Lot's of room to relax. Definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: Seven floors, I stayed on the third. However, there is no noisy activity in the area, so I suspect a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Danny_Dos_Santos, Manager at Homewood Suites Chester, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Chester! Not only is guest satisfaction in our top priorities but to also have a great atmosphere that our guests can enjoy (recent renovations are tribute to that!). We are glad to see that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Mansfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Room suite was nice and cheerful. Dining area was elegant. My only complaint was the pool area. Room was heated - pool water cold. Jacuzzi water was very hot. We could not stay in it longer than 5 minutes. They do not serve beer and wine as do the other Homewood suites on Mon-Thurs. Just in case someone was looking for that. They do serve dinner Mon-Thurs.

Room Tip: I like the first floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BabsMansfield, thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel! We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Here at the Homewood Suites Chester, we are always trying to find ways to improve; feedback like this, really helps us get a view from a different angle. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

LowerSwat
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business, but was not overly impressed. The service was good, including a quick/ painless check-in by courteous staffers. Suite was large, but furniture seemed a bit dated. Showers were average. The fitness room had two treadmills (decent quality) and some medicine balls. I think there were a few other pieces of equipment as well. In retrospect, I guess this place was commensurate with the price tag.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your stay with us at the Homewood Suites Chester! I apologize for any dissatisfaction that you had during your stay. With our recent renovations, we have made leaps and bounds on our product; as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Its great to hear that you had a splendid customer-service experience, as we always yearn to be as kind and accommodating as possible. Thank you once again and hope to see you soon!

Operations Manager

Been to Homewood Suites Chester? Share your experiences!