“Comfortable property for weekend getaway with management that really cares!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester

Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Comfortable property for weekend getaway with management that really cares!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Chose to stay at this property due to the quick access off of 295 and the fact that I wanted to get away for the weekend.

Although the hotel was packed, check in was a pleasant breeze and the staff took the time to explain the amenities and offer recommendations to area restaurants. The hotel lobby was clean, the elevators were quite efficient and although the hotel was packed, the noise level heard in the rooms was quite low.

The rooms are quite spacious and I like the separation between the bedroom and sitting area as well as the fridges in each room. The channel selection and HD TV made for a good weekend in.

The Chinese restaurant around the corner is quite economical and the food was great. (The House Special Fried Rice is a must!!)

The only problem I had was with the housekeeping staff and communication with the front desk. I was given a 2 pm Check out and at 11 am, noon and 1 pm the Housekeeping staff both banged on my door and called the room to ask when I was leading. Normally this is not a problem the first time, but by the third time I was livid. Upon checking out, I had the chance to discuss this with management, received an apology, was present when the manager reprimanded the housekeeping manager and front desk representative and received a full refund for my stay.

Great Property with management that understands what it means to strive for great customer service!

Room Tip: High floor corner room the best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Edison, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recently stayed here for a night. The experience was not as good as I expected from Hyatt brand. The staff was friendly but not enough of them were probably around for the size of the hotel. For any housekeeping request we had, they asked us to go down and pick it up ourselves. The AC in the room was not temperature controlled but rather an On/OFF type noisy unit. Additionally, the noise from the outdoor pool was reaching clearly to our third floor room (can't complain about people using the pool..they were just having a good time). On a positive note, the room size was good, bedding was no problem and everything else seemed well maintained. The hot breakfast was also good although the small kitchen was very busy in peak morning hours when we went there. Right next to the hotel parking lot, there is a good mexican restaurrant (Jalapenos) that we tried and there was one more (chinese). No need to travel far for food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hyatt Place is well worth checking out! Rooms are suite style and very comfortable. The lobby is a combination open desk, light bar, snack deli, and hot breakfast area. Very open, very well done. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Breakfasts were from a substantial selection of goodies, including hot egg/ham sandwiches on English muffins.

My only complaint is that the air conditioning is through wall units venting towards the bed in my room. This was a bit uncomfortable.

The rate was good, and a real value for the buck. Stay again? You bet!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as a weekend getaway while my kids were out of town. The room was wonderful as usual, and this time we got to utilize the AM Skillet breakfast....it was delicious! The variety there was better than any other hotel I've stayed at! My only complaint was the lack of a full length mirror, which I think was there at one time but had been removed maybe? However, when I exited the building, the front desk staff complimented me so much on my outfit that I didn't need that mirror after all!

• Stayed July 2012
Lewisville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The property is in pretty good shape. The price is very reasonable for families, especially mine, because we had a total of 6 in one room. It includes breakfast and wi-fi, which saves a significant amount of money. I would recommend going to breakfast early, though. If you arrive later you will be eating a sandwich that has been heating in a pan for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Tough. The pool was open but had alot of adults, mostly military, drinking alcohol and I didn't want my kids around that. The hotel is situated close to two major interstates, so it's very convenient to most attractions, airport, etc. The staff was cordial and helpful and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The receptionist recommended the 3rd floor but I'm not sure why.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

THIS IS A GREAT HOTEL !!!! I was passing threw the area and I had stopped at other hotels only to have to leave because of dirty rooms.
I was tired and hungry and this hotel had it all !!! The rooms are huge and very nice, the bed was great. and now for the most important part was the staff, what can I say but WOW. I went down to the bar for a drink and something to eat and everyone made me feel like we were old friends. The girls who worked the front desk and the bar were over the top great.. I had a great nights sleep so thank you to all who worked that night may 26th 2012..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tappan, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Visited Chester for my younger brother's engagement party. We stayed for 3 nights and I found it to be very reasonably priced (using my dad's senior citizen discount). First thing I want to say is the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The pool was closed (I didn't think of asking if it was open or not), which was disappointing for my 3 young children, so the woman at the front desk made arrangements for us to use an indoor pool at a local hotel. Our room was very clean and spacious - thes pictures on the sited don't do it justice. There was a closet with iron and ironing board, sink with a huge mirror, and separate toilet/bathtub. There was a desk, small table and refrigerator with a spacious countertop over it and another big mirror above it. The beds were VERY comfortable and it was very quiet. We had an ugly view of the parking lot Breakfast was included in the price, so I was expecting a typical continental breakfast, however, there was a wide variety of delicious food, including bacon, eggs & cheese on a croissant, fruit, cereals, french toast, bagels, coffee, juices,...... We also had a glass of wine at the bar in the evening, which was very good. The gas station in front of the hotel also offered the cheapest gas prices! It was a little further out than the other hotels (in comparison to where I had to go), but I can't say that was really a problem as it took all of 10 minutes to get to my brother's house in Chester Village, and there was a strip mall very closeby. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you're traveling with more than 4 people.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th (top) floor in a room with 2 double beds and a queen sized pull out sofa bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester? Share your experiences!