“Great room & Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great room & Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We arrived at this hotel after spending the day at Kings Dominion. It was a huge room with 2 beds and a seperate area with a couch and desk. The beds were great. Didn't check out the pool or breakfast, as we ate next door at Wawa. I would definitely return to this location at a later date.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while in town for a regional softball tournament. We were one of two teams staying at the hotel so the staff had their work cut out for them. The best thing about this hotel are the huge rooms! We had a family of 4 staying in our room and we had more than enough room. At times we had up to 7 softball players in our room and it still didn't feel crowded. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of bottom sheets and blankets. My older slept on the pull out couch and she said it was very comfortable as well. The flat screen movable TV was great too. As far as the staff, it was hit or miss. We had a few encounters with staff members that went out of their way to be helpful and were extremely polite and courteous. One gentleman was so kind to help our team find a local laundrymat and one of the desk attendents even took part in our kids scavenger hunt around the hotel. But there were also times that I stood in line at the front desk for over 15 minutes to try to get change for the washing machine. Also, one morning we had our Do Not Disturb sign on the door and the front desk called our room to tell us if we wanted new towels, we had to take our sign down. The call woke up my daughter who had been up until midnight the night before playing in a softball tournament. The free breakfast isn't much. Holiday Inn Express offers a much better free breakfast. It was basically cereal, bagels, toast, yogurt, and juice. We had a family in our group who had no hot water in their room and had to be moved but we had no problems wih that in our room. Overall, our stay was adequate and I know it can't be easy having 24 eight year old softball players running around your hotel for 5 days!

Riverdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stopped here for an overnight on my way to Myrtle Beach. Very clean hotel, had mini fridge & microwave with free contential breakfast. rooms had sectional couch with a 55 inch flat screen tv, a comfortable bed. walked in & paid $89 for the night. also had outdoor pool, bar in lobby & can order food from kitchen area on a flat screen panel & pay for it with room key or credit card.traveling through area would definitely stop here again.

Springbrook Township
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I experienced a truly memorable time while staying here. The owner, Victoria the GM, and staff treated me like family. My room was spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Tell them Harold from HaroldSays recommended you
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

As most who travel a lot, like myself, Hyatt Place is a relatively new member of the 'premium express hotel' crew, along with Hilton Garden Inn & Courtyard, although not quite as nice as the others. I like HP's because of the spacious living area, wide screen TV's, and the fact I can get bacon & eggs ($6.99) at any time - so I can sleep in when I'm able to. There's also a free continental breakfast, but it ends too early, at 9:30, and is VERY basic - bread, dounuts, begals, & citrus sections. There is NO microwave & they get many complaints about that. The coffee maker is rediculous & uses a small tea-bag sized filter pack, good for a half a cup - If you travel with your own, it won't take standard 4-cup filters or filter packs. This particular HP is typical. The beds are a cut above the likes of a Hiliday Inn Express, and better than some HP's I've stayed in - very comfortable & triple sheeted. I travel a lot and cannot remember having an experience like this (at a major chain): I walked in & couldn't find anyone. Nobody behind the counter & couldn't find anyone for 10 minutes. I was ready to walk out when someone came saying they were in the kitchen cooking. Usually HP's have two staffers at the front. The next day, after a shift change, the same thing happened when going to order breakfast - the lobby was completely abandoned. I suspect this HP is poorly managed. Careful, check-out here is at 11 am. Also be advised that there are no restaurants in the area (other than Wendy's & McDonalds). You must drive 6-7 miles west on rt. 10 to find any, and the choices there are very limited - a Cpt'Ds, a Shoneys (yuck), and the best being a Cracker Barrel. Good shower. Quiet location. At $107, AAA rate, it was pricey compared to the other HP off I-295 (which was $83).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed at the Hyatt Place for a wedding and was not impressed. I requested a room on a high floor and got stuck back in a ground floor, dark corner. We were in a hurry to get to the wedding so I didn't say anything to the staff. Also, the AC unit in the room was very noisy which made it hard to sleep that night. Staff was friendly enough, and room was clean.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Slow check in. Tiny bath with no place to hang towels. Breakfast a joke, if you wanted eggs you had to pay extra & they were awful to boot!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester? Share your experiences!