“Nice hotel for a stop over” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Nice hotel for a stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Friendly staff, and spacious, quiet and clean rooms located close to the 295 bypass. Complimentary breakfast was marginal the morning I was there - the eating area had tables that needed to be wiped down, the food stations needed to be replenished as well as the dishes and cups. Overall, this is a nice hotel and I would stay there again. We arrived on a Thursday night and unfortunately the social hour was only on Mon thru Wed (Hiltons are thru Thursday).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Santee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We had loud alarms going off for 20 minutes straight while they test them. It doesn't require 20 minutes of consistent noise to run a test. Our cats are still paranoid.

The next day there was NO water. Not no hot water, NO water.

We decided not to stay the rest of the week and find something else. The front desk staff just gave a generic "sorry" and checked us out.

What gives? We told you about our problem before going to a review site, because you always respond saying you could have addressed it in that case. Very unprofessional and dishonest.

• Stayed March 2013
chester800, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi There,
Greetings from Residence Inn by Marriott Richmond Chester. I would like to personally thank you for staying with us on 03/5/13-03/08/13 and most especially for taking the time to share your experienced.
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveience ( fire alarm going off and no water) you have encountered while staying at my property. I appreciate you taking the time the to advise us of your dissatisfaction which is towards improvement of our services.
My team and I are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Please rest assured that both items mentioned above have been addressed to my team and have been corrected.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could give us another chance in the near future.
Lewisville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I don't typically rave about any hotels but this particular Residence Inn is worthy of a great review! Although hidden behind trees off of the interstate, the hotel is very nice inside and out. Our room was huge compared to most hotels and the entire hotel was immaculate. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is delicious, especially the sausage, egg and cheese biscuits! We participated in the free dinner reception as well on Italian night and it was tasty as well. I didn't leave the hotel for three days and was completely satisfied because I had everything I needed in my room or within the hotel. The beds are nice and firm, just like I prefer. Great hotel for business and leisure travelers. I also think they are pet friendly but I couldn't smell that they were!! Nice!

Room Tip: I would recommend a low floor (1st thru 3rd) during the winter. Heat rises and it is actually too w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Geat stop on the New York to Florida trip. Very comfortable and spacious rooms with many amenities. Very friendly staff, convenient parking, clean pool and work-out room. Excellent complimentary breakfast. This our second extended stay and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All appear quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our stay at the Residence Inn was excellent! We were greeted by a pleasant and friendly young woman, Susan, and she made our visit to this hotel even nicer! She always had a smile and joked and kidded with us, making us feel at home throughout our visit. We stayed one night on the way to Myrtle Beach and also one night on the way home, but I honestly wished we could have stayed longer. We had a 1-bedroom suite and it was immaculate! The kitchen had all the plates and utensils we could have wanted, and there was a full size coffeemaker and refrigerator. The kitchen and living room were pretty much one big room, but we did not feel cramped, even though there was a desk, a small table with two chairs and a nice easy chair. The bedroom had a king size bed and was separate from the living room area. Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to enjoy the pool or spa, but we did peek in and they looked very inviting! There were chairs outside in a courtyard area and we saw residents sitting there relaxing. The breakfast was very nice, with waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage, toast, muffins and bagels. There is also cold cereal, oatmeal, several kinds of juice, and of course coffee and tea. The breakfast was included in the price of the room, which is always a nice bonus :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel frequenty for business and have a project that brought me to Chester VA. I tried several hotels before I tried this one, once I stayed here my search was over. What a find. Very nicely decorated and updated hotel, seems very new, great rooms, but the best part is the staff. Rooms are very large, very nicely furnished, and very clean. What more could you want in a room. Public areas are also very nicely furnished and decorated. Breakfast and evening dinners (Monday thru Wednesday) are very good. The staff is the best, they are all very friendly and helpful. I have stayed here over 50 nights since April and will continue to stay through October, and have never been dissapointed by the hotel. Manager Sonita is a true host, very friendly and accomodating. I tried other hotels in the area and they do not come close to this hotel. Price is very reasonable for what you get. Hotel is very accessible from 295 or 95.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We enjoyed staying at the Residence Inn Chester Virginia earlier this week for a one night stay. Prior reviews are accurate there is more of a military presence (including dependents, families and kids) than fellow business travelers but the room was quiet and clean. It did make the breakfast/managers reception and pool a bit more crowded than other hotels that cater to a business crowd. My daughter is in the military and stationed outside the continental US so the military 'buzz' didn't bother me a bit! This location is several miles off of I-95 (about a 5 minute drive) but easy to get to I 95 and I 295.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!