“Very impressed with this hotel....will definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Pennsylvania
“Very impressed with this hotel....will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our stay at the Residence Inn was excellent! We were greeted by a pleasant and friendly young woman, Susan, and she made our visit to this hotel even nicer! She always had a smile and joked and kidded with us, making us feel at home throughout our visit. We stayed one night on the way to Myrtle Beach and also one night on the way home, but I honestly wished we could have stayed longer. We had a 1-bedroom suite and it was immaculate! The kitchen had all the plates and utensils we could have wanted, and there was a full size coffeemaker and refrigerator. The kitchen and living room were pretty much one big room, but we did not feel cramped, even though there was a desk, a small table with two chairs and a nice easy chair. The bedroom had a king size bed and was separate from the living room area. Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to enjoy the pool or spa, but we did peek in and they looked very inviting! There were chairs outside in a courtyard area and we saw residents sitting there relaxing. The breakfast was very nice, with waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage, toast, muffins and bagels. There is also cold cereal, oatmeal, several kinds of juice, and of course coffee and tea. The breakfast was included in the price of the room, which is always a nice bonus :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LooneyIAm

Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel frequenty for business and have a project that brought me to Chester VA. I tried several hotels before I tried this one, once I stayed here my search was over. What a find. Very nicely decorated and updated hotel, seems very new, great rooms, but the best part is the staff. Rooms are very large, very nicely furnished, and very clean. What more could you want in a room. Public areas are also very nicely furnished and decorated. Breakfast and evening dinners (Monday thru Wednesday) are very good. The staff is the best, they are all very friendly and helpful. I have stayed here over 50 nights since April and will continue to stay through October, and have never been dissapointed by the hotel. Manager Sonita is a true host, very friendly and accomodating. I tried other hotels in the area and they do not come close to this hotel. Price is very reasonable for what you get. Hotel is very accessible from 295 or 95.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BigDaddy3859
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We enjoyed staying at the Residence Inn Chester Virginia earlier this week for a one night stay. Prior reviews are accurate there is more of a military presence (including dependents, families and kids) than fellow business travelers but the room was quiet and clean. It did make the breakfast/managers reception and pool a bit more crowded than other hotels that cater to a business crowd. My daughter is in the military and stationed outside the continental US so the military 'buzz' didn't bother me a bit! This location is several miles off of I-95 (about a 5 minute drive) but easy to get to I 95 and I 295.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank momof3girlsNC
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We really liked this property. It is very clean, updated and the breakfast was hearty. The only thing I could add to the breakfast-was more of a selection of fresh fruits(only had apples) would have been better. The pool was large and no one was in it-kids loved having it to themselves. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a Chinese place in the nearby plaza and that was excellent for take out.

Room Tip: Upper floor and corner rooms-away from elevator are quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kkrm1104
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. I didn't experience any problems with noise and the rooms were very nice and breakfast was good.

One thing you might consider before making a reservation is that when I was here, about 90% of the guests were Army and Army families. From what I understand, some of them are living here long term.

I served in the Army myself, so I got nothing against our fighting men and women, but since I'm a businessman now, I felt a bit out of place walking around in my suit and nearly everyone I saw like 26 years old and dressed in combat fatigues.

Everyone was really nice, but just ask yourself if you saw a very nicely appointed Army barracks with a "Vacancy" sign out front, consider if you'd stay there if you were on local business.

So pretty nice spot, but I felt a bit out of place not being in uniform.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IslandLuxe
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The room and location was well kept and maintained. The shortfall was in service, I attempted to relay the issues with Sonita Segrest the GM but her staff either failed to pass on my info or she didn't care to resolve them with me. The hotel is filled to capacity by the US Army officer trainees so this may be part of the complacency. The hotel will have to fix this soon because Fort Lee will open a 1000 bed hotel and all this government billing will dry up. The service issues included low standard housekeeping, the housekeeping staff would come in and do the bare minimum (Make the bed, new towels etc.) but the normal quality of care I've seen at other Residence Inn's was not met. This may be due to staff shortfalls or poor QC by mangement....both easily fixed with an engage leader. I stayed 4 nights and the first morning's breakfast had run out of a number of items (OJ, breakfast meats, the waffle iron was missing, etc.) the next 3 days were back up to the norm. Bottom Line, the hotel could easily be a "excellent" if the management was engaged in the quality of services.

Room Tip: Stay away from the basketball court, the constant bouncing of the ball can become annoying.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ron G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Residence inn has become our new favorite hotel brand! It's perfect for our family of four. Hot breakfast, large TVs, full kitchen, modern amenities, GREAT PRICE!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Monica J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
4.5 of 5 stars 315 reviews
Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Residence Inn Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!