“Nice but reminds me of my time in the Army” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Chester
Denver, Colorado
“Nice but reminds me of my time in the Army”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. I didn't experience any problems with noise and the rooms were very nice and breakfast was good.

One thing you might consider before making a reservation is that when I was here, about 90% of the guests were Army and Army families. From what I understand, some of them are living here long term.

I served in the Army myself, so I got nothing against our fighting men and women, but since I'm a businessman now, I felt a bit out of place walking around in my suit and nearly everyone I saw like 26 years old and dressed in combat fatigues.

Everyone was really nice, but just ask yourself if you saw a very nicely appointed Army barracks with a "Vacancy" sign out front, consider if you'd stay there if you were on local business.

So pretty nice spot, but I felt a bit out of place not being in uniform.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The room and location was well kept and maintained. The shortfall was in service, I attempted to relay the issues with Sonita Segrest the GM but her staff either failed to pass on my info or she didn't care to resolve them with me. The hotel is filled to capacity by the US Army officer trainees so this may be part of the complacency. The hotel will have to fix this soon because Fort Lee will open a 1000 bed hotel and all this government billing will dry up. The service issues included low standard housekeeping, the housekeeping staff would come in and do the bare minimum (Make the bed, new towels etc.) but the normal quality of care I've seen at other Residence Inn's was not met. This may be due to staff shortfalls or poor QC by mangement....both easily fixed with an engage leader. I stayed 4 nights and the first morning's breakfast had run out of a number of items (OJ, breakfast meats, the waffle iron was missing, etc.) the next 3 days were back up to the norm. Bottom Line, the hotel could easily be a "excellent" if the management was engaged in the quality of services.

Room Tip: Stay away from the basketball court, the constant bouncing of the ball can become annoying.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Residence inn has become our new favorite hotel brand! It's perfect for our family of four. Hot breakfast, large TVs, full kitchen, modern amenities, GREAT PRICE!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had an excellent experience at the Residence Inn Marriot in Chester and I would definitely recommend this hotel. I had to change my reservation dates a couple times and the staff did so without an attitude and were quite professional. The room was very up to date and well appointed with nice finishes. Everything was nice from the furnishings and decor to all the amenities in the kitchenette. You can be comfortable in this hotel if you are staying for a week long vacation or TDY to Fort Lee for 3 months. This hotel even offers a complimentary dinner 3 nights a week in addition to the 7 days a week complimentary hot breakfast. The only down side I noticed during my stay was the indoor pool was not heated so the water was a bit chilly in early May but the whirlpool was hot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canastota, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is SENSATIONAL! The rooms are immaculate and the staff literally bends over backwards to accommodate their guests. Kudos to Operations Manager Marc Cabo for his superior service. My only suggestion is the hotel needs better directions and signage as you exit I-295 until you reach the entrance.

• Stayed March 2012
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

If you need a flexible extended stay option in the Chester/Richmond area I would definitely recommend this place; especially if you have dogs. I relocated to the area and needed to temporary place to live with my dogs while I looked for a more permanent home. It was convenient to work (close to 285 and 95). The rooms are all modern with granite counters and very comfortable beds. The staff is nice and like all residence inns there's food every morning and some evenings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor in the corner. The northwest corner rooms have three exterior walls...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

Checked in after a long day driving. The front desk gave us a nice surprise when they told us that Tuesday night stay included a fried chicken dinner, which was pretty decent.

Breakfast was also included, and it was ok. The room was brand new, very comfortable and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Residence Inn Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!