“Great for the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Chester/Richmond Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Chester/Richmond Area
Super 8 Chester/Richmond Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2421 Southland Drive, I-95 & Route 10, Chester, VA 23831   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Chester
“Great for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We needed an inexpensive place to stay our on road trip to Florida. We paid under $60 and didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and had a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. If you are looking for a clean, decent place to stay... this is the place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel whenever I come home to visit family. The hotel doesn't look like much on the outside but the rooms are nice and very clean. The beds and pillows are comfortable. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Nikki. It is an older hotel that could use some maintenance and upgrading but it is clean, quiet and I always feel safe there. Great value for your money.

• Stayed February 2012
, General Manager at Super 8 Chester/Richmond Area, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Hello

We appreciate your possitive review, since your stay in Februay 2012, we have updated our rooms with new carpet, new 32"LCD TV. At your next visit in this area, please stay with us and
I am sure you will like the new look of rooms.
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stay at this hotel during the storm, the rooms were clean and the staff was very nice. having a place to store food and heat helped out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hello

Thank you for your comments, In hurican we all struggle and we appreciate your patient as we did lost cable and power too for one day. In the future if you need our service please stop by, we assure you, you will be satisfied with new looks of rooms as we have renovated in April 2012.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here for the hurricane on Aug. 26. We were supposed to stay there on Aug. 27th also but the hotel lost power that morning and we were giving the option to leave and receive refund or stay and deal with no power, of course we choose to leave. The hotel clerk said i needed to get my refund from hotels.com since they were the ones that originally charged me. This hotel tried to tell hotels.com that we stayed there both nights when I have a receipt from the other hotel and a receipt form this hotel saying that we only stayed one night. They are liars and out for your money. BEWARE, don't deal with dishonest liars. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hello

As we told you, when you book throguh third party such as priceline.com, expedia.com, we do not charge your credit card, we gets different credit card from them which belongs to their company name, we actually charge only for the night you stayed and the day you leave early as we promise we did not charge on third party credit card. We did told you to contact your third party office and have request them to refund. Once you do that, they will verify with us that we did not charge their credit card for that day and they will refund you. When you book through third party, procedure is different. Hotels.com never send a request for your case, If you can send us your name
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Chose this place because of the price but you get what you pay for! Looks like the bathroom needed a serious decoration there was some indescribable marks on the walls and it wasn't a very clean room. If you want something half decent in this area pay a little more and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: This place looked like it was falling apart
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Petersburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Dreadful. Non smoking rooms smell like smoking rooms. Floor was sticky. Microwave was dirty. All equipment (tv, microwave, refrigerator, etc.) outdated. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

After braving hours of bumper-to-bumper Friday traffic on I-95 south out of DC, my 14 year old and I checked in at 1 A.M.

The next morning I was up at 8:00 listening to NPR online and researching our next stop via TripAdvisor when a maid strolled into the room, saw me sitting there in my skivvies, and wordlessly turned about face and left. No big deal, though a knock would have been nice. I got the boy up and moving (not easy with 14 year olds) and we headed two doors down for breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

As happens too often at their stores, Cracker Barrel was taking names for a waiting list. Our half-hour wait came out closer to 45 minutes, partly because Virginia restaurants still must maintain separate smoking sections.

I was aware ot the 11:00 a.m. checkout time, so I sent the 14 year old back to finish packing while I waited to pay the check. When he got there, the manager sternly told him "You have five minutes." I returned as fast as I could and jumped in the shower at 10:50.

Precisely at 11, the manager banged on the door and tried to enter the room. I was ready for this, and had chained it. He continued to harangue the 14 year old while I was toweling off. I got dressed and we emerged at 11:20. The maid was busy in another room down the hall. I glowered at the manager as I rolled the luggage out. He averted his gaze, apparently comfortable with pestering a young teen but not his father.

We took about 10 minutes to pack and reorganize the car. I drove past our window and noted that no one was yet cleaning the room. (I would have felt at least of tinge of guilt if the maid really had been waiting outside for us to leave).

Yes, I should have asked for late checkout. Yes, I probably should have either gotten us over to Cracker Barrel sooner or chosen a different breakfast venue. But under these circumstances, the manager's reaction was excessive and I really did not appreciate him trying to intimidate my son.

The room was clean. There was a faint smoky smell, though not strong enough to stink up our luggage and clothes. (My son disputes this, he says there was no smell). A small patch of black mold about four inches wide was growing on the ceiling above the door.

Perhaps the management at this hotel is more reasonable with other issues, but I won't be testing that possibility.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Chester/Richmond Area? Share your experiences!