“not too bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Bath,Maine
“not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

This was a random chioce on our way from Flordia back to Maine after the first 3 hotels in the Richmond area we checked were sold out. We really were not expecting much. This hotel was clean, average size and for the most part quiet. We were even able to get a portable crib. The beds were VERY firm. They were also very high. Breakfast was an interesting expierence. The breakfast room was medium sized and had a TV. It also had Gloria the Breakfast Lady. Initially she was very friendly and apparently she makes the waffles for everbody. But as it got busier she got more and more frazzled to the point I couldn't get milk for my daughter's cerial and forget about syrup for my waffle.
Overall not too bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Liked — It was clean and front desk staff were nice
  • Disliked — Not sure what was going on in the breakfast room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NEW YORK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

After using Tripadvisor to carefully select this facility I have determined that previous Tripadvisor reviewers who gave positive ratings were either intoxicated or vision impaired when they rated this hotel.

After driving for 16 hours I was hopeful that I would find reasonable accomodations upon my arrival. What I found was a desk clerk who was approximately 8 years old!!! I sent him for an adult who directed me to my room. The dingy nature of the facility (graffiti scratched into the elevator doors, etc.) prompted me to examine my bedding which revaeled a previous user of the sheets had left their hair on the sheets. Hair was also found on the bathroom sink and I found myself starting to itch. After about 4 hours of laying on top of the blankets I resumed my journey. I am sure I am not the first to describe this chain as the DIS-Comfort Inn. UGH!!

• Stayed March 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2006

My recent stay at the Comfort Inn at Chester, VA was an unexpected one, and one that I was extremely happy with. Having driven 5 hours at that point, and a migraine preventing me from finishing my trip, I needed to stop somewhere and this is where I wound up. The room was very clean, clean enough that I could actually take a bubble bath, and cookies and tea in the lobby made me a very happy girl. :~) Three of my favorite things I might add. Lee, the front desk clerk was extremely helpful, and each time he saw me (which was at least 5 times) he asked if everything was to my satisfaction. He even baked cookies for me when I asked if there were going to be anymore put out that evening.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and would even go out of my way if I were ever in the area and needed a place to stay.

• Liked — The helpfulness of the front desk clerk concerning my needs.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

I was very please by this budget hotel. It was recently renovated and is kept immaculate. Looks brand new. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and modern. Showers were fabulous. Continental breakfast which included Belgian waffles was a plus. Complimentary coffee in the lobby all day and night. I stay at quite a few of these budget hotels due to traveling for sports tournaments and this ranks as the best I've stayed.

• Liked — Hotel Condition, Price and Convienence
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

I was a little leary about staying here since there were no reviews on TripAdvisor. But after checking other travel websites, I felt a little more confident. The best thing I can say about this hotel is it is VERY clean. All of the common areas and our room were immaculate. The breakfast was your standard deluxe continental (cereals, muffins, bagels, etc.). But they had one bonus. There was the most delightful woman working the breakfast room that not only kept it well stocked, but made Belgian waffles for you. The only negative that I can say about the Comfort (and it's a little one) is that the outdoor pool is very very small. Other than that, rest assured. It's a good property at a good price.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!