“Would definitely stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Would definitely stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The Fairfield was very convenient to get to, there was lots of parking and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were large, furnishings modern and there was new carpeting. Breakfast was busy in the morning but the staff did an excellent job restocking and keeping the place clean!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
glad that you enjoyed your stay with us - look forward to welcoming you back again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

In taking a very difficult trip, a friend and I stopped at this hotel and were greeted by Tanique Clark, she absently made us feel at home with her kindness and helpfulness. Thank you so much, and a great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks for your kind comments on Tanique - she is one of our great customer service giants - I will pass on your comments to her
Elkton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was not what the hotel promised. The room had an awful stinch that did not go away after the hotel staff said that the smell was no longer in the room. The room smell was so strong that I was unable to breathe

Room Tip: Never stay at the Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I am so sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay - I would be more than happy to discuss this further if you would contact me at the hotel

Many thanks

andrew
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Yes I was back in Richmond for another funeral and unlike the nearby Courtyard near the Fairfield last year - the Fairfield Inn could not have been nicer and more helpful. Very receptive to all of our needs and very flexible on a late check out on day of funeral. Very clean and comfortable - great breakfast.

Stayed July 2014
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I am so glad that we were able to make this difficult visit a pleasant one for you - thank you for taking the time to recognize us - hopefully you will return for a pleasant and restful stay in the future.
Peterborough, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at this property on my drive back to NY State from Raleigh and was very pleased with the convenient location and easy check-in. Staff were great but a few things prevented it from being a completely satisfactory experience. First of all, the air conditioning fan in Room 206 was blasting when I entered and nothing I did, including switching to auto and raising the temperature, would make it stop. Despite the hot night I ended up turning the whole thing off (I did report this as I left). Also, the TV set-up was so confusing I had to call the desk in some embarrassment just to find out how to get to the regular channels. Otherwise the room was fine except the desk area had large, sticky marks on it - obviously missed by housekeeping - and there was a lot of extraneous noise, including the sound of stomping feet above and in the hallway and someone's TV at 6 a.m.

Similarly, breakfast was OK but there was no fruit apart from apples and no really healthy cereal. To top it off, I returned to my room after breakfast to collect luggage and leave and couldn't get in as my key had been deactivated. I had to go back down to the front desk and they checked me in again at 8:30. I understand that it's difficult to know when people have left but it might be a good idea to leave everyone checked in at least until breakfast ends.

I have to say, though, that we were very impressed when a charming woman from the hotel called my husband to report that I'd left my bathrobe in the room and offered to mail it. It's costing me a bundle (more than the robe's worth) but it was my mistake and I'm happy it's on its way to me.

My overall comment is that I'd stay at the hotel again but feel with all these minor problems the experience wasn't a good value considering the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback - I am glad the overall stay was satisfactory - it is the minor things that can be irritating - I am glad that you brought them up as it allows us to fix them.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The customer service is the best I've experienced so far thanks to the front desk employee Tanigue C she was very helpful with my requests. And the hotel is amazing !! Me encanto el servicio en este hotel la persona que estaba en el frente Es increible el nombre de Ella Es Tanique C .

• Stayed July 2014
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for letting us know that Tanique is the greatest!!! We love having her as part of our team that takes care of our customers.
Come back and see us soon
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We arrived on thursday for a family wedding on Saturday. We were so very pleased with the service we received from the front desk staff and other staff. A few names Jerome, Tekersha, Paula and all the other weekend staff went out of their way to help make our stay one we will always remember. The wedding family and guest want to thank everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side were good for us This hotel is surrounded by and near other services outside...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
many thanks for your great feedback - I will let those know that you appreciated all their hard work - the team at the hotel is proud of the new renovations and works hard to provide the service to go with it - best of luck as you begin your new journey

Been to Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!