“Better than average Fairfield” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Chester
Fruit Cove, Florida
“Better than average Fairfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Better than average for a Fairfield. Used coupon from travel book which made it a good value. I would not pay regular price which is usually over $100 a night. Room was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the ac/heater unit was loud and the fan is either on or off, no auto option. Basically, I slept with it off which was a little chilly. A little difficult to get to due to traffic routing but there are good resturant choices nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Chester - we pride ourselves in our clean facilities and great service - we are working with Chesterfield County to try and improve our entrance and egress to make it safer and easier for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Regards

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Carleton Place, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Considering I stayed on Marriott Points and the rooms (we booked 2 rooms each with 2 double beds) were 'free', no complaints on my end. Rooms were clean and neat although I found the carpeting a bit old and needing updating but other than that, it was fine. Easy location to get on and off the freeway.

Breakfast was mediocre but it did fill the hunger gap. Teenagers enjoyed the pool.

Unfortunately I did not think to take pictures.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Many thanks for your comments on the hotel - we appreciate the feedback both positive and negative - we are scheduled to renovate the hotel in the fall from top to bottom - which is a year ahead of schedule - so we are excited and looking forward to good this to come . Also Fairfield is rolling out a new hot breakfast in late april where we are making things healthier and now providing a hot breakfast of scrambled eggs and a meat item each day - so stay tuned!!
daytona beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is your average Fairfield Inn. However, If you are a dog owner you are in luck. The hotel now caters to dogs. They are all housed in the first floor rooms. If you don't appreciate the smells and sounds of dogs you should stay on the upper floors or better still find a different hotel. What a shame.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thanks for your comments on pets at the hotel - we currently do accept pets and keep them on the ground floor of the hotel so that our other guests are not inconvenience - we do limit the amount of pets in the hotel and only take small ones. We then professional clean the rooms once the pets have departed.
The hotel will be undergoing complete renovations in the fall at which time we will no longer accept pets.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family was recently displaced due to a tragic housefire and the Red Cross arranged for us to stay at the Fairfield Inn that same night. The next day we were overwhlemed with phone calls from concerned family and friends as well as waiting to hear back from the insurance company and before we knew it our checkout time had come. The staff being aware of our situation allowed us to stay in our room past the checkout time with no hassle so that our insurance company could make arrangements. I appreciate the courtesy and concern expresssed to us by the staff at the Fairfield Inn during such a difficult time in our lives. The hotel is conveniently located near I-95 as well as various restaurants, groecry stores and shopping areas. Will definitely recommend to family traveling from out of town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
many thanks for your great comments on our hotel - we strive each and every day to take care of all our customers no matter their situation.

we look forward to welcoming you back for a happier occasion

Andrew
Matthews, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Having to visit relatives in Richmond, we choose the Fairfield Inn, Chester for our "home base" while there. It is a great location and a respite when we need to escape for a while. The employees are very nice, the hotel is clean and the breakfast is wonderful. We will target this hotel for every visit we make to Richmond. It is awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Many thanks for your kind remarks - I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us

Thanks again

Andrew
Hingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place was a disgrace. The first room we were given was located over some kind of compressor outside that went off every 30 seconds. We asked to have a quieter room since we were exhausted from a long ride. We were put into another room down the hall. I checked this room out first. It was next to the electrical room and was noisier than the first. "Are you kidding me?" I asked for another room. Third room was also in ear shot of the noisy compressor from room #1. We put on the heater to block out the noise. We noticed how filthy the heater was. It had black mold and dust balls hanging from the vents. We turned heat off in fear of catching something. The window was filthy inside and out. Forget the curtains.ugh. The bathroom was a disaster. There was paint peeling inside the tub. They must have painted the bottom. The rest of the tub had a ring of dirt around the edge. Shower curtain was gross. Shower had no pressure at all. The place must have been some old run down hotel that they converted as it was so nasty. If you value your health do not go there. Another thing, it is supposed to be non-smoking; however, I could smell stale cigarettes probably from 30 years ago. First time ever my husband refused to leave a tip. Breakfast was mediocre and the trash was overflowing in all four baskets. No ice machine except on first floor. I really checked out the bed for bedbugs as I truly think this was one of the worst hotels ever I slept in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I appreciate the time that you took to let us know that we did not meet your expectations - as the new General Manager of the hotel we are making great strides towards improving both the cleanliness and service that we provide for our customers - obviously we failed miserably in your case and I do apologize - I would be delighted to talk with you to get some more details - if you could contact me at the hotel I would greatly appreciate it
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We tried this hotel based on the great Trip Advisor reviews, and stayed here two nights while visiting family in Chester. The hotel was very convenient, located directly off I-95. We brought our dog, and the dog fee was only $25 which is very cheap, so that was nice. There was ample free parking and there were two restaurants within a 2 minute walk, and then a lot of other restaurants just across the street. So as far as location and convenience, it gets an A+. However, once I entered our room I was really disappointed. The furniture, light fixtures, and bathroom were out of date and damaged/dirty. The toilet handle was falling off and the toilet bowl/bathroom tiles were stained, there were cigarette burns in all of the furniture and carpets, and the lighting was extremely dim. The bed was clean and comfortable enough, but I did not sleep well because the heating/cooling unit in the room was so loud, it woke me up every time it kicked on. I used Marriott points for this hotel and I am very glad it was free; if I had paid for the hotel I would not have been happy.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your comments concerning your stay at the Fairfield Inn Chester - we appreciate the feedback both positive and negative as it allows us to make improvements to our hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester? Share your experiences!