“Beware...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Save Saved
You added Suburban Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 W. Hundred Road, Chester, VA 23831 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Chester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Warren, Rhode Island, United States
“Beware...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to FL from NH. I booked this hotel from hotels.com in a pinch. The lobby is very lovely but the rest of the hotel is dingy. The staff was very cold and uninviting. The AC was loud, but it worked. It is connected to a Hooters restaurant so the parking lot was somewhat loud. The bathroom door didn't close all the way in our room. There were stains on the carpets and the walls. There was a hole in the curtain from what looked like a cigarette, but this was a nonsmoking room. There was one of those moisture absorbing buckets next to the bed - there was no ventilation system in the bathroom. There were stray cats all over the parking lot. The good thing was that it was very close to the highway and close to an iHop so we could have breakfast in the morning. I couldn't tell for sure because it was dark when we arrived, but the pool looked dingy and cloudy, like it is not very well maintained. This may be an ok place for one night and one night only - I would not suggest staying here longer than that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waterbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We got this from Hotwire! We will never use hotwire again. This motel was nothing like what they described. But for $60 motel in middle of virginia should be better than what we got. The ENTIRE building smells of smoke. The halls reak or cigarette smell. The room/kitchen was small, dark and resonably clean. The bathroom looked well used. I had my kids wear shoes the whole time, except in bed. There are random large utility closets open in hall ways filled with debris and junk. We actually felt the place was a bit risky and dangerous...and next to Hooters of all places. Cigarette butts by dozens in front of entry way, they must never ever sweep. The pool gate was locked shut and no one could find a key to unlock it. Hotwire promised a fitness center, which does not exist. The a/c unit was SO loud and squeaky, we couldnt use it. We are not fancy hotel people, but expect simple clean rooms, halls and facilities. This is not it.

Room Tip: Don't use Hotwire!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
colonial heights virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Bad smell in the hall way, outlets didn't work right, bare wires hanging from the smoke detector phone didn't work had bare wires sticking out. Housekeeping rude and ignorant. Desk clerk rude said she used my aarp discount but she didn't. Parking is terrible. Had fleas in the room.

• Stayed July 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located. That, however, is the only plus. The rooms are filthy. Stained carpeting, unknown fluids spattered on the walls, mold, and just general filth is what you can expect in the rooms. The room we stayed in had an ac unit that worked when it wanted to, a mini fridge that leaked all over the floor, a bathtub that wouldn't drain, and parts of the ceiling coming down...I assume from water damage. The roaches I spotted were pretty much the final straw with the room. The hallways are dark and shabby and oddly enough someone stole the do not disturb sign, within a few hours of our stay??? The pool was very cloudy. There are multiple stray cats living out back, lending a nice cat urine aroma to the air as you enter. Considering there are cheaper, if not slightly nicer hotels in the areas, I'm amazed this place stays in business. Do what we did and go to another hotel!!

• Stayed June 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights for a softball tournament this weekend. The hotel was a good deal and the location was close to the highway and lots of restaurants. That being said, the room did have a musty smell (there is no ventilation fan in the bathroom which may contribute to this). The room was clean and comfortable. We had a full size refrigerator which was a big plus. The shower did not drain well, you ended up taking a bath when you took a shower, but all in all, it was a good stay. If you want top of the line, you are going to pay for it. Considering the deal we got on this hotel room and the location, it was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel looks a lot better in pictures.
Though the lobby is nice, once you walk back to the hallway the whole atmosphere changes. The lighting is very dim. Most of the lamps throughout the hall are out. The entire hotel smells terrible. It's filthy. The final straw for me was when I came across a roach in my room. I immediately packed up my belongings and headed to the lobby for a refund. On my way I saw two huge roaches crawling on the walls. I've never experienced anything like that. You definitely get what you pay for with this hotel. I advise to just pay the extra 10 bucks and get a room at one of the hotels across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
New Sharon, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I got this room through Hotwire. I normally have a good experience using them. However, this time I was horribly disappointed. The lobby seemed okay, but the room had the most disgusting odor, the hallways were filthy, the residents wandering around were frightening. As a solo female traveler of 64 years old, I did not feel safe. I called Hotwire and told them the room was unacceptable and they graciously refunded my money. (That is not usually their policy) I went across the street to the Days Inn which was one step above the previous place. Not the cleanest, but at least I felt safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!