“BUGS !!! New name, no new signage !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Save Saved
You added Suburban Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 W. Hundred Road, Chester, VA 23831 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Chester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Scottsdale, Arizona
“BUGS !!! New name, no new signage !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place has a huge roach and insect problem.
We made a reservation online on a Sunday evening for a Wednesday stay...the web site listed it as a Clarion Hotel....IT WASN'T !! The name changed, no new signage on the building, and we drove around for a half hour looking for a Clarion that no longer existed.
The first room we were assigned was under construction/renovation. The second room was fine that night but when we awoke in the morning there were freakin' roaches in the room!! We found two large adults and one "baby". DISGUSTING !!!! To think that I probably had roaches crawling on the bed while I slept!!! YUK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

[Note: This review is for a hotel that had been called Clarion, but the sign on the building now says "Suburban" - address 2401 West Hundred Road, Chester, VA]
Surfaces in room had debris, hallway smelled funny and carpet had visible debris, the AC unit in our room was very loud (but worked well), the night table lamps were not plugged in, the TV did not work (called maintenance, they came quickly and fixed it), etc. etc. Definitely a substandard hotel - I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the Hooter's Restaurant (connected to the hotel on one side) so you don...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Clearfield, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

from the pics online the place seemed decent enuff. well my opinion changed the minute we pulled into the lot. the empty lot beside the place reminded me of a dumping ground for murder victims. upon entering the lobby i thought just maybe its not as bad as i thought. well that was until we were given our room key and directed to the area where we would be entering the building. our room was on 2nd floor. (possibly because the entire first floor guest area was ripped apart right down to the wiring hanging from the stained drop tile ceiling) oh by the way, no elevators!! and the stairwells havent seen the likes of t\a broom since the dump was built! at the top of the stairs is a door that must have been dontated from the local bank vault. the smell of the entire hotel was repulsive! after finaly regaining our breath we entered our room. heres definetly where the RUN part came in. the carpet was totaly digusting to say the least! huge black stains everyplace. no bathroom exhaust fan air conditioning that took 4 hours to cool the room. the only nice thing about the room was the beds. they actualy were comfortable.(if you could bring yourself to lay on them) cuz you just never know! the final icing on the cake came when i picked up the plastic dirty laundry bag they supply in the closet and a HUGE DEAD COCKROACH fell out!!! after making my brave daughter dispose of the dirty creature i decided right then and there that this would be a sleepless night! and i would not remove my shoes the rest of the horrible night. the best thing about the entire stay? CHECKOUT!! there was so many more roaches thruout the entire property!! where is the dept of health? RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!

Room Tip: Go eleswhere!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sweet Caroline
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The front desk clerk was more interest in talking to her boyfriend that checking me in, the whole hotel stunk. Went to get ice and needed a room card, roaches littered the hallway leading to the ice machine. I guess it is an extended stay motel since there were some unsavory individuals hanging around the hotel. I have done patrols in Fallujah and felt safer than here. The room was very poor and smelled of mildew. I truely wish I was not so tired and checked out for a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: not a place for kids to stay at
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Frederick MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way to the Outer Banks so I did not research it in advance like I usually would--if I had I am sure I would have stayed elsewhere. The first red flag was the Hooters Restaurant which is attached to the property, I was not sure what that would be like at closing time, but as it turns out there was no niose or disruption. However, the parking lot is seedy looking and littered with trash I don't know why management doesn't clean it up. You have to use your key to get from one building to another even in the middle of the day, and also to access the ice machine.

One you are safely locked inside your room, however, things are pretty good There is a microwave, fridge and coffee maker, The shower is excellent and the bed, while a little on the hard side, is comfortable enough. Things were clean and I did not see any bugs.

In the morning, we had a hot breakfast(included) which had all the usual options as well as egg patties, sausage, and waffles.

All in all, our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've stayed at worse; but I can't remember when

Well, I checked in at 230 and the room wasn't ready. when I got in I
found the room to be so so at best. Dirty carpet, the valve in the
shower was fallng off, the drain plug was rusted out and wasn't
connected.
The television was an old tube type model; once you've been used to
flat screens you know this will never do.  I was going outs to get a
pizza and asked the maid where I should park since it was quite a walk
to get to my room from the first desk.  She suggested I park in front
because there are surveillance cameras there but nowhere else. I left
the room to go get some ice but I folded the latch over with the door
open since id be right back.  Well, once I left the corridor I count
return without a key. In fact I was unable to leave the property,
interior corridor near the pool, at all. I banged on then door and
fortunately the maid heard me and le me in. When I finally went to get
ice, it required your room key to get ice.  However, both ice machines
we broken and I had no ice. The parking lot was not kept up.  Overall
the clarion on west hundred road in Chester va is a HUGE DUMP. Don't
ever stay there, it wasn't worth the low price

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Very dirty hotel big bugs in rooms had to change rooms 3 times!!!!!!!!! Cleaning staff need major training on cleaning!!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!