“This is a Clarion Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

You added Suburban Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 W. Hundred Road, Chester, VA 23831 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Chester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Sweet Caroline
“This is a Clarion Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The front desk clerk was more interest in talking to her boyfriend that checking me in, the whole hotel stunk. Went to get ice and needed a room card, roaches littered the hallway leading to the ice machine. I guess it is an extended stay motel since there were some unsavory individuals hanging around the hotel. I have done patrols in Fallujah and felt safer than here. The room was very poor and smelled of mildew. I truely wish I was not so tired and checked out for a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: not a place for kids to stay at
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Frederick MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way to the Outer Banks so I did not research it in advance like I usually would--if I had I am sure I would have stayed elsewhere. The first red flag was the Hooters Restaurant which is attached to the property, I was not sure what that would be like at closing time, but as it turns out there was no niose or disruption. However, the parking lot is seedy looking and littered with trash I don't know why management doesn't clean it up. You have to use your key to get from one building to another even in the middle of the day, and also to access the ice machine.

One you are safely locked inside your room, however, things are pretty good There is a microwave, fridge and coffee maker, The shower is excellent and the bed, while a little on the hard side, is comfortable enough. Things were clean and I did not see any bugs.

In the morning, we had a hot breakfast(included) which had all the usual options as well as egg patties, sausage, and waffles.

All in all, our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've stayed at worse; but I can't remember when

Well, I checked in at 230 and the room wasn't ready. when I got in I
found the room to be so so at best. Dirty carpet, the valve in the
shower was fallng off, the drain plug was rusted out and wasn't
connected.
The television was an old tube type model; once you've been used to
flat screens you know this will never do.  I was going outs to get a
pizza and asked the maid where I should park since it was quite a walk
to get to my room from the first desk.  She suggested I park in front
because there are surveillance cameras there but nowhere else. I left
the room to go get some ice but I folded the latch over with the door
open since id be right back.  Well, once I left the corridor I count
return without a key. In fact I was unable to leave the property,
interior corridor near the pool, at all. I banged on then door and
fortunately the maid heard me and le me in. When I finally went to get
ice, it required your room key to get ice.  However, both ice machines
we broken and I had no ice. The parking lot was not kept up.  Overall
the clarion on west hundred road in Chester va is a HUGE DUMP. Don't
ever stay there, it wasn't worth the low price

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Very dirty hotel big bugs in rooms had to change rooms 3 times!!!!!!!!! Cleaning staff need major training on cleaning!!

• Stayed March 2012
Westminster, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I'm glad I only had to stay one night. All the reviews about roaches are true. There was a nest of mice in the bathroom wall. I could hear them squeaking at night. Ewwww.
The lobby is very nice and well kept, but beyond that everything is dirty, water stained, peeling wallpaper. There is a sign"B" entrance asking to wipe your feet, there is no mat inside or outside the door.
The rate was $99.00, that included a $1.50 fee for using the safe. I didn't use the safe, but previous reviews mentioned missing items by housekeeping. There are lots of other places to stay in Chester, many are cheaper.
The hot breakfast is OK.
There is a Hooters restaurant on the property :( I did see police patrolling the property at night.
Makes me think that there are problems.
Upon check out, the desk person didn't ask if our stay was OK, infact he didn't say a word to me.
Don't stop here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Saw a huge roach carcass in the hallway, and had a baby cockroach in my bathroom. That's too bad, as everything else was adequate.

This hotel would be priced right if it weren't for the infestation.

The rooms are somewhat updated.... everything except for the little things that are often overlooked in a room renovation: The electrical outlets were worn and dirty, the bathroom door bottom was rotted out, the room door and hinges were old rusty and worn, and the cover for the bathroom exhaust fan was rusty and old, and the TV is the old tube type..

Everything else in the room looks like it was updated within the last couple of years, yet very beat. The carpet was newer, but near the doors and edges it is frayed. The carpet had stains and gum marks. The wallpaper is torn in some places. The room has modern furniture and pictures on the wall, but you can see where the pictures bolt to the wall, and the dresser is warped and worn where the heavy TV sits on it. The counter top, table, and nightstand tops are real granite, as is the shower wall, although the shower wall is stained. The toilet is a newer quick flush. The lamps are modern. although they all have incandescent bulbs instead of energy saving CFL's. See what I mean? Nice new lamps and old bulbs. Same with the bed. Modern new headboard, and old dated comforter.

Upon arrival the internet network jack on the wall was dead, and the shower handle was broken. The maintenance man was here today, but he was unable to fix either problem. The shower still worked, and they have wireless internet, so these items were not critical.

If they can convince you they fixed the insect problem, then the hotel would be worth the rate. It seems like they have had this problem for a while, though. Wish I could have seen these reviews before I booked, but used a phone app to do so.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed three nights; Mon - Wed. Good service from the desk staff and the chamber people. The owner, Aneil, tries to please his guests. I would stay here again. A very good two-star hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!