“good overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Chester
kingston
“good overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here on the way home from a florida trip. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was a pretty standard express breakfast although it did have a automatic pancake maker which my kids (and husband) thought was pretty awesome. I used a coupon from the booklet from the virginia welcome centre, staff were kind and had no problem honoring the coupon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay in this property earlier this year. I gave it a pretty good review then, but gave it a pretty good ding for the business traveler because the internet was soooooo slow. Well they must have heard me because it is fast now. I am very pleased. The property is a great value for the price. A good breakfast, well stocked and well replenished. Rooms nice very crisp and clean. Staff courteous and very helpful. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Though one of my favorites, Waffle House has gone :( But overall highly recommend if you are on the road and are looking for a nice place to stay. Holiday Inn Express - Chester, VA 2 thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here with the family and found the hotel to be a bit on the ragged side for a Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was fair at best, and the rooms were nothing spectacular. Temperature hard to control, bathroom not that clean, musty smell in the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear TM L,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Salem, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

In making our way from New York City to South Carolina, this hotel had an excellent location. The front desk staff was very nice and we were very pleased with our room. We had no complaints during our stay and really appreciated the hot breakfast as we were quickly out the door once the morning arrived.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chesterhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Livmass,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your time in providing a great recap of your positive experience. I am glad to see that we have become your home away from home as you travel the east coast. We are definitly a great stopping point when traveling up and down the 95 corridor. We thank you again for your feedback and look forward to seeing you soon. Stay well and enjoy the summer!

Joanne English
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have stayed here before and that is why we are back and will come back again. Friendly and professional staff, Amanda at front very helpful and professional, thank you Amanda. Good location, nice quiet rooms, AC, micro and fridge all flawless operation

Room Tip: When choosing room decide whether you want to few sun up or sun down in your window.(sun up is fron...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chesterhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear RJ,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay and review. Amanda is terrific and we so appreciate you recognizing her and the great service she provides. We look forward to your future stays with us.
Sincerely Joanne English
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I arrived are 9PM on Feb 24, 2012. I am putting the date because I don't remember the staff's names and want them to get acknowledged for their work. Check in was quick and efficient. The young blonde lady was personable. The room was good, clean, bed comfortable. The breakfast was good. The cinnamon rolls were awesome. I am never too keen on pre-prepped eggs that come in patties and the sausage was just okay. Note I am picky about my sausage and only buy Jones links which I consider to be the best brand on the market. Good coffee, fresh fruit. Biscuts very good and I know a good biscut when I eat one. The staff maintaining the breakfast serviced it very efficiently, were friendly and insured that it was kept amply stocked. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the breakfast. I sued to own a hotel software company so I know how a hotel should operate. A nice property, congenial staff. My only complaint is the internet service. The wireless service to the room is dog slow. Some how the signal and speed needs to be significantly boosted. I use hotel systems all the time when I travel but this was the slowest by several orders of magnitude that I have ever seen. That also goes for the compter in the lobby which constitutes their business center I assume. That looks like its a hardwire into the network and it wasn't much faster then the wireless. I was surprised at that since hardwired is usually significanly faster. They need to get an IT person in and tune that network. If you are a business traveller like I am that's a real negative.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Chesterhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear oda5261,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do apologize that you had some disappointments with the internet but are glad that you considered your overall experience a positive one. We appreciate the comments and the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Joanne English
Bradenton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We were here for five nights and I loved it. The housekeeping staff were honest and efficent. The free breakfast was different each morning, food was hot and delicious. The orange juice was not the watered-down drink that you find in other hotels. My only complaint would possibly be the fitness center. Machines were not quite up to par, but definitely better than nothing. Everyone was friendly, all in all, they are doing a good job and we will return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Chesterhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear SunnyLeeT,

Thank you for your choosing The Holiday Inn Express Chester and for taking the time to share a positive review with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the comments and the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy holidays.

Joanne

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chester? Share your experiences!