“We will be back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Roanoke, Virginia
“We will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have stayed here before and that is why we are back and will come back again. Friendly and professional staff, Amanda at front very helpful and professional, thank you Amanda. Good location, nice quiet rooms, AC, micro and fridge all flawless operation

Room Tip: When choosing room decide whether you want to few sun up or sun down in your window.(sun up is fron...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chesterhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear RJ,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay and review. Amanda is terrific and we so appreciate you recognizing her and the great service she provides. We look forward to your future stays with us.
Sincerely Joanne English

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I arrived are 9PM on Feb 24, 2012. I am putting the date because I don't remember the staff's names and want them to get acknowledged for their work. Check in was quick and efficient. The young blonde lady was personable. The room was good, clean, bed comfortable. The breakfast was good. The cinnamon rolls were awesome. I am never too keen on pre-prepped eggs that come in patties and the sausage was just okay. Note I am picky about my sausage and only buy Jones links which I consider to be the best brand on the market. Good coffee, fresh fruit. Biscuts very good and I know a good biscut when I eat one. The staff maintaining the breakfast serviced it very efficiently, were friendly and insured that it was kept amply stocked. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the breakfast. I sued to own a hotel software company so I know how a hotel should operate. A nice property, congenial staff. My only complaint is the internet service. The wireless service to the room is dog slow. Some how the signal and speed needs to be significantly boosted. I use hotel systems all the time when I travel but this was the slowest by several orders of magnitude that I have ever seen. That also goes for the compter in the lobby which constitutes their business center I assume. That looks like its a hardwire into the network and it wasn't much faster then the wireless. I was surprised at that since hardwired is usually significanly faster. They need to get an IT person in and tune that network. If you are a business traveller like I am that's a real negative.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Chesterhie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear oda5261,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do apologize that you had some disappointments with the internet but are glad that you considered your overall experience a positive one. We appreciate the comments and the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bradenton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We were here for five nights and I loved it. The housekeeping staff were honest and efficent. The free breakfast was different each morning, food was hot and delicious. The orange juice was not the watered-down drink that you find in other hotels. My only complaint would possibly be the fitness center. Machines were not quite up to par, but definitely better than nothing. Everyone was friendly, all in all, they are doing a good job and we will return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Chesterhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear SunnyLeeT,

Thank you for your choosing The Holiday Inn Express Chester and for taking the time to share a positive review with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the comments and the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy holidays.

Joanne
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I am typically a loyal Marriott customer but IHG hotels was offering a special promotion for members so I stayed here for 2 weeks. Hotel room was comfortable. I had a room with double beds. I do a lot of work on laptop - sitting chair and ottoman was really comfortable. I loved the sauna - it actually got really hot - exactly how a sauna should be. I used the gym once to twice a day. It is too small and needs to have new equipment. I was surprised how many people actually used the equipment - but sometimes I had to wait and treadmill (one) was broken. The hotel is undergoing renovations. I had a nice, quiet, decent stay. No complaints - holiday Inn just needs to do better to be like Marriott. There also was no computer room/ business center.printer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chesterhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Mallowmow,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests, so I will work with our team at this property to ensure your issues are addressed for future stays.

However, I am glad you mention your satisfaction with our rooms and sauna. We aim to provide a comfortable stay at a great value for all of our guests.

Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered and hope you will consider our hotel the next time you stay in the Chester area. Please get in touch with me if you have any additional issues to discuss.

joanne@shaminhotels.com
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here and had the most unprofessional hotel attendant EVER. The AC worked in the lobby but the room was hotter than Hades!!! The room was not clean and there was female hair everywhere. If I had to stay in the area again I will stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2011
Chesterhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Roadkingwarrior,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I can assure you that your noted comments are certainly not the norm, and will most certainly be addressed. I further welcome your call or email to discuss the details of your visit, as well welcome the opportunity to show we can do better.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. Front Desk staff for check in was slow. Breakfast was good, but couldn't get staff to refill pancake machine once it was empty.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chesterhie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear PSU1983,

Thank you for your recent stay and review.It was very concerning for us to read this review of our hotel.We take pride in providing excellent customer service in all areas of the hotel including breakfast.I can assure you your comments will be addressed.

Clio, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The room was OK. The hotel offers most everything that i've come to expect from the Holiday Inn Express line, minus a pool. The hotel advertises having a "Fitness Center" and a "sauna" . Yes, the hotel has these, but they're quite small, adequate for one person or two, but any more, and it's quite crowded. Add a pool, and it would be much better. Free Breakfast in the lobby in the mornings, and free WiFi. You need a code for this, and they write it on the check-in envelope, but if you're on the 'backside' of the hotel, you can pick up a neighboring hotel's WiFi without a code.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your visit and review.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chester? Share your experiences!