“Ok food, but over priced.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 433 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Norfolk, Virginia
“Ok food, but over priced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was surprised at price of things there. It's just a little hole in the wall place and they have decent food, but it was nothing special.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great service; great food ... how can it get better ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went on a Saturday morning around 10 a.m. and it was packed but we really didn't have to wait long. People moved in and out quickly. We ordered and were served in a short amount of time. The food was great; Katie was our waitress and so nice. And who could possibly miss seeing Ms. Veronica. She is what makes that place. What a really classy lady and so sweet to talk with. So for food ... and great customer service ... try this place! You'll go back over and over again.

• Visited August 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Raining & Hailing, Going TO Sunrise Anyway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Sunday morning 8:30. Couldn't care about the rain. I just want great the great breakfast and service I always receive at Sunrise. The wait is never long, at most 5 - 10 minutes. Waiting is fun too, because I always see the "Great Bridge" folks who know our little secret. Ok, leaving now... can't wait for the pancakes, grits and coffee.
Hope Jamie, my favorite server is there... they are all good... but she's the best!
See you there!

• Visited July 2012
Virginia
“Amazing local breakfast shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I work in this area and frequently bring business guests to this location. The staff is always fantastic and remembers most folks by name. The food is literally the best breakfast I've ever spent money on, and it's very well priced. The scrapple is amazing. My assistant is very particular about her eggs and now will only eat eggs at Sunrise, haha!

• Visited June 2012
Podgorica, Montenegro
“Worth the visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our server Jamie was extremely friendly and fast with our coffee and water.

The eggs were cooked exactly as we would have wanted them, the grits were perfect, the coffee basic and strong.

The pancakes were by far the best we've had in ages. I ordered the blueberry, my wife the sweet potato. The pancake was so loaded with blueberries, every bite bursting with, er blueberries. My wife's pancakes was sooo good.

The special pancakes were $1 extra over the plain pancakes that came with the meal.

Two breakfast's with the special pancakes, two coffee's with taxes was just under $20. not bad at all.

Highly recommended.