“TRUE AUTHENTIC MEXICAN” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chesapeake, Virginia
“TRUE AUTHENTIC MEXICAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I love Mexican food. This place serves authentic Mexican food that rivals any local restaurant in Mexico. I love the tableside guacamole. The drinks are pretty strong too. The people are nice and are well managed. They always look so nice and not stressed when when its busy as hell. Kudos to their manager!!

Visited January 2014

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Best Salsa in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have been a long time patron of El Loro, and hands down they have the best salsa and white sauce. Fish tacos, pico, enchiladas, fajitas, carne asada--you name it, you won't go wrong! Service is good, management does a great job! I try to go weekly, but sometimes my job travel gets in the way!

Norfolk, Virginia
“What a bright friendly place with delicious food and attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Used an Entertainment Book coupon for a quick lunch before the theater and am really glad to have found this place. Nice, clean surroundings and delicious, fresh food for decent prices. Several large tables of happy people tells me it's a popular place.

My 1 chimichanga was stuffed full of tasty chicken with a plate of beans and toppings. My husband's burrito looked quite similiar and he enjoyed it equally. Chips were warm and salsa and white sauce didn't go unnoticed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elizabeth City, NC
“I won't be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had the beef taco, beef enchilada, and beef tortilla. The meal was bland because the ground beef was tasteless. The only item that had appeal to it is the tomatillo sauce which has roasted tomato and smoky chipotle in it. I had to steal that from my hubby's dish to add flavor to my dish. The service was excellent though but I won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake, Virginia
“My favorite Mexican place ♡”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been coming here for over 10 years and love this place. Food, drinks, and service are always spectacular. They know us by name. The owner's wife asks where the kids are if we come without them.

Visited August 2013