“Pre-Christmas Get-A-Away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Pre-Christmas Get-A-Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My reservation was on 12-14-2012 a week before my anticipated trip and was told that I am not in the system. Cindy was the front desk representative and really took her time to see why my reservation didn't show up, she and I talked about how I can find the best rate for staying and we were able to come up with a very comparable rate since the rate had increased from a week ago. I was in a panic and she really assured me that all will be ok. I trusted her totally!

12-21-2012, I checked in and talked w/Marica , she had a very friendly welcome, a nice smile and read ALL of the detailed notes that Cindy entered for me and there was not a single problem with our check in.

The hotel was CLEAN, and it was very nice, spacious and I loved the free hot breakfast/wi-fi/parking. Everything was close to where I had several events. I never stayed at the Stay Bridge before but will each time. The rate that I paid was more than what Marriott which was next door cost but it was well worth it. The service, the smiles and the amenities.

Room Tip: Since this was a smoking building, you could still smell the smoke in the stairwells and also the ha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. You mentioned two very important people who make our hotel successful in Cindy and Marcia. They are true hospitality professionals and will do everything possible to ensure our guests complete and utter satisfaction. We pride ourselves in the very things you took notice of which are cleanliness and service. None of which can be accomplished without the support of outstanding employees and a sense of teamwork and pride in what they do each and everyday. Thank you again for noticing! We live for this stuff! If you need another get away please keep the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake in mind!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel offers spacious rooms with full kitchens and a separate bedroom with it's own TV. I checked in while the manager's reception was going on and a glass of beer and food are a great way to be welcomed to a hotel. The great thing about this hotel is that the manager's reception is Tuesday through Thursday. The staff is exceptionally helpful and it has a better than average pool/jacuzzi and fitness center. I would love to find a reason to come back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am glad that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities that the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake has to offer during your extended stay. We feel that our product is ideal for the extended stay guests such as yourself, but also a great value for those looking for a quick get away as well. The spacious rooms provide all the comforts of home and allow you to prepare your own meals as well with our full refrigerator, microwave and stove top. The addition of our Stone Cellars wine selection along with a local beer offering has been a great success as well. Thank you again for the kind words and give us a call if you need an "excuse" to return!
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and 14-year old son stayed here one night the day after Thanksgiving. The hotel was nicely located near the interstate and yet quiet. The staff were all very nice. The hotel was clean, the accommodations were exactly what we needed. It was a great value, particularly since the buffet breakfast was included in the price. We will definitely stay here next time we are in town to visit relatives.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
With so many lodging options in the area I am greatful and delighted that you chose to stay with us at The Staybridge Suites Chesapeake. It is always reassuring to hear that we can provide the comfort and ammenities you seak when traveling, especially during the holiday season. The next time you are in the area visiting family please join us again and become a part of the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake extended family!
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've only stayed at a handful of extended stay facilities on my numerous trips and this one sets the standard. Everything about this Staybridge is top notch. I had a one bedroom suite for my two weeks here and couldn't have been happier. I worked various shifts and having the separate bedroom door makes it perfect for sleeping during the day. The curtains are nice and thick and for all I knew it was always midnight in my room. It's very quiet and has just about everything to make it your home away from home. Refrigerator, double cooktop stove, microwave, dishwasher, bowls & utensils. etc...it's all there.

My suite had two 32 inch flat screens, two dressers, a couch and loveseat and also chairs at the island type dining area. It's a great setup and when I'm cooped up in a 10x15 hotel room, I sure miss these types of extended stays.

The internet is solid with nice downloading speeds, there's a good TV channel selection, parking is aplenty and the fitness center won't let you down either. Staybridge Suites offer evening socials on Tuesday-Thursday evenings and this is a really nice touch if you're busy or just can't get out to eat somewhere. A sample menu might include barbecue sandwiches on Tuesday, a taco bar on Wednesday and chicken wings on Thursday. This is served usually with salad and beverages are also available. Easy to get spoiled here for sure.

Overall a great stay in a good location that's convenient and close to pretty much anything you need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake! It is always a pleasure to get feedback from seasoned travelers such as yourself on how well we are meeting the needs of our valued guests. We continuously strive to provide the ammenities and services that we feel our guests will enjoy and hopefully give them the comforts of a home away from home. The biggest component for the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake is by far the gracious and hospitable nature of our team members. They genuinely care about our guests and ensure that their stay exceeds expectation in order to make loyal friends who continue to choose us again and again anytime their travels bring them to the Tidewater area. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the Staybridge Suites real soon!
Kaysville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at your hotel for my brothers retirement, along with my family. Your staff was absolutely wonderful, friendly, caring and willing to go out of their way to be sure our stay was most enjoyable. They even made it possible to view our Notre Dame game in the movie room as a family. It was the perfect ending to celebrate my brothers 23 years of service to the US Navy and it was made possible by your staff.
The room was fabulous as was the food.
When I come to town again I will be back.
Susan

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Congratulations to your brother and his 23 years of dedicated service to our country! Being in this area we are extremely proud of our Navy men and women along with all military members who serve. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy this time with him and celebrate together as a family. It sounds as though you were also able to enjoy another Irish victory from the comforts of our Theatre Room. It is always nice to hear back from our guests about their experience and get feedback about our staff and ammenities. Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake! Go IRISH!
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is fantastic! I stay in the Norfolk/Chesapeake/VA Beach area every other week, and just stayed here for the first time. I will never stay anywhere else. The location is great with tons of shopping and restaurants in close proximity.

Check In: Very fast, greeted as a rewards member, given complimentary trail mix and water for my wife and me.

Lobby: Very clean and open. There is a large den area with a fireplace and a flat screen, which doubles as the dining area.

Staff: Everyone from the front desk staff to the maintenance people were spectacular. Very kind and extremely knowledgeable about the area

Food: Included with your room is a daily breakfast with a waffle maker (my favorite), fresh fruit, cereal, donuts, bagels, juices, eggs, meat and milk. Tuesday through Thursday night, they provide a complimentary dinner with draft beer and wine. It was pizza night when I went, and it was so good!

Amenities: Movie room that you can rent out for two hours at a time, with comfortable seating and a popcorn machine. The front desk has a selection of movies, of you do not have your own. Very nice business center with internet access, three computers, and three printers with scan and fax capabilities. One of the nicer weight rooms that I have seen in a hotel, with dumbbells up to 50 lbs., treadmills, elliptical, stationary bike, and pulley machine. Beautiful indoor pool and hot tub. FREE laundry room!

Room: Very clean with a separate living room and full kitchenette. Large fridge, stove top, sink, microwave and a dishwasher in the room. The bathroom was clean, but the tub had a bunch of water in it with the plug down when we got there (should've been picked up by room service in my opinion). One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, and a large variety of pillow types.

The only downfall to this hotel is that it is a little difficult to navigate to the front check in area from the main rd. It is hidden behind the Hampton Inn.

As I stated before, I will not stay anywhere else from here on out when I go into the Norfolk area. Management at this hotel has done a great job at getting it right, and they have surrounded themselves with a great staff.

Room Tip: Third floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Wow! I am thrilled that we have become your top lodging choice when visiting the Norfolk/Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area! I am delighted that you had an opportunity to interact with members of our wonderful team. You are absolutely right, this is a great staff! The hospitality and genuine caring of the entire Staybridge Suites Chesapeake team are what truly make this a great hotel. It also makes it so much more than a hotel as many treat it like their home. Please continue to share your experience and we look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you this way. Thanks again!
Central
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are beautiful; the stay is welcoming! Our stay at this hotel was like a breath of fresh air after staying at an Extended Stay down the street. The desk clerk, Cindy, welcomed us like we were family. She took me up to see my room and made sure I was satisfied before taking my reservation. She told me about all the hotel's amenities. No question was too trivial for her or her staff. Even the housekeeping staff was welcoming and always pleasant. The room was beautiful, the beds were comfortable. This hotel will be my first choice whenever I returned to Chesapeake. VA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake with others. It is always great to hear that your family feels a part of our family as we strive on a daily basis to create that warm, relaxed atmosphere that allows are guests to unwind and enjoy the ammenities that we offer. We certainly hope that you will again return to be greeted once again as a member of the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake family!

Been to Staybridge Suites Chesapeake? Share your experiences!