“Hotel Review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Oreland, United States
“Hotel Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The entire staff made me fell at home during my stay. The near by fitness center really sealed the deal. The breakfast and evening reception are great. Whenever i travel to Norfolk area, i always stay there. You need a room, email or call Scot Rose, Assisstant General Manager, will get yu a room. No complaint from me. strongly recommend toevery one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent visit with us. Whether travelling for business or leisure, our brand has the amenities for all to enjoy. The fitness center, breakfast and evening dinner being the most enjoyed by all. It warms my heart to see that one of our own, Scot, has made a positive impression with you. Scot does go above and beyond to ensure ones needs are met. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us or Scot again should you find your future travel plans lead you to Chesapeake.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
lee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place is epic with the free breakfast and gym membership, but the internet is bad, really bad; 1MB Download/ .4 MB Upload... This totally ruined it for me because I stay in and play videogames to save money on these trips. I couldn't play xboxlive because I kept losing internet connection even with direct connect. Movies took far to long to load on my laptop. The room is a smoking room and I expect a slight smell but it is just bad. Like a sweaty man smoking a cigar all day, it goes away for a couple hours after housekeeping rolls through. I would stay here again regardless, "60% of the time, every time."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing some information about your recent stay at our property. We do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. I truly understand the importance of having an outlet after a very busy day. Quality high-speed internet access is paramount to the majority of our guests which is why on November 1st we will begin the transition to upgrading our current complimentary internet. With that we hope to continue to provide amenities that match what you referred to as our "epic" service. I am pleased that you enjoy the breakfast and the off-site gym during your stay, and we look forward to serving more of your needs in your future visit.
Lucedale, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here on business. I really appreciate the consistency of all the Homewood Suites that I have stayed in. This one was no exception; from the smooth check-in to the nice, spacious suites. The breakfast and evening dinners were very good. If I am back in the area, I will definitely stay her again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to to inform us of your stay with us. There are many brands under the Hilton umbrella, Homewood Suites being one of them. The many amenities that we offer have proven extremely useful to both our business traveler and families traveling on leisure. I must admit the evening dinners offered Mon.- Thurs. are delicious as I have definitely sampled them myself! Thank you for making us your home while in Chesapeake and please do not hesitate to visit us again.
Southeast USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites while my own house was uninhabitable due to a flood. DeAnna and the front desk staff were efficient with check in and very friendly... DeAnna even offered to save me a plate from dinner service! Free breakfast every day and free dinner Monday-Thursday add to the value of this hotel. I loved my suite; it had everything I needed and made a great "home away from home". Free wifi throughout the hotel and free printing in the business center are great too. I would stay here again without a doubt, and will seek out other Homewood Suites locations when traveling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay. I was glad to see that in spite of an unfortunate and unforseen incident you made us your home away from home. We recognize that there are many hotels in this immediate area to choose from and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to display our southern hospitality to you. Our goal is to exceed our guests' needs and to make them as comfortable as we can in their time of need. For that reason, I am so pleased that one or our Guest Service Agents, DeAnna, made such a positive impression on you. Thank you for allowing our team to get to know you and for showing your appreciation for how hard they work to make the best out of any situation.
connecticutreviewer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I called the Hilton Honors phone line on our trip down to Emerald Isle, when I was getting tired, and my family was ready to call it a day. The hotel was only given about fifteen minutes notice, but the front desk staff was ready, with a crib in the room, which was very close to an entrance, so as to not wake up one of my sleeping children. The rooms were nicely appointed, and felt very clean, safe, with many of the comforts of home. In the morning, the breakfast staff was very pleasant, and outgoing, making sure the breakfast area was refilled at all times. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area, or visiting the Virginia Beach area for vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your visit. We can certainly understand how stressful traveling can be which is why I am so pleased to see that our front desk team was able to meet all of your needs, including a crib and easy access for you and your small children. In addition to that, because we rely on "word of mouth" your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chesapeake, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The two bedroom suite was nice and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. The guy at the front desk was not helpful to the other half of my party when they arrived at 2 AM. The front elevator was broken and the walk to the second was inconveinent for some, but was right by my room, so I would have had to make the long walk anyways.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your visit. We are so glad that the rooms were comfortable and spacious to your liking. While we take the security of our guests very seriously during the early morning hours, we do apologize if our policies regarding safety and security in any way inconvenienced you during your stay. Though I am pleased that our Guest Service team was able to assign you as close to our back elevator as possible to alleviate as much frustration as possible, we do apologize that the routine maintenance of the elevator lead to our front unit being temporarily down. Our team is so pleased that your overall rating for our property was positive and we look forward to an opportunity to wow you in the future.
Cypress, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very comfortable and clean. Enjoyed having both breakfast and dinner available in the hotel. Great staff, I forgot my wedding band in the room. They contacted me and arranged for it's return. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time of inform us of your stay. We strive to provide customer service that goes above and beyond our guests' expectations. We really do make every effort to follow up on all of our guests' needs including when they leave valuables behind.
It warms my heart to know that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier? Share your experiences!