“will not return” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Richmond, Virginia
“will not return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our family stayed there on Saturday middle of July after reading some reviews. It was really disappointing The hotel was dirty and service was unprofessional..

I called to confirm for crib for baby even though the crib is listed on its website and was told to call the day we stayed. We called and was told had to be there in person to reserve one. After we arrived in the middle of afternoon, we found only one person working there. We waited for about 30minutes to get the key and was crib will be sent to the room. Later we asked for a crib at diner time and was told again that the crib will be sent while we went out for diner. Finally we came back found no crib and went front desk to ask for it. We were told there was no crib. We had to live with baby sleeping on the floor.

The room was reserved as non-smoking and it was distinctively sick smoking smell. I did not really want to bother with these people anymore since they showed no credibility on the crib issue. The floor was also filthy and the bathroom floor was sticky every where. The bath facet was dripping water all night.

The elevator also got a dirty floor.

Room Tip: insist on non-smoking for non-smokers
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear labrat r,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, VA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Not at all horrible and not at all very good. The place is rather dated and worn. I stayed on the fourth floor. The windows don't open and the room was very stuffy. It made my stay pretty bad. There was a very slight smell too. I'd pass. For sure the worst Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed. I think it used to be a Hampton because I was given a Hampton key card. Go figure. It is definitely more Hampton lower quality like. Disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear ConstantWrkTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I truly enjoyed our three days at the holiday express .Our room was clean and the staff was great. we did not get a chance to use the pool. but it looked clean The directions and location where easy to find and close to local stores in the area. I will stay there again when the next trip is planed.

Room Tip: Not sure what this is. you need to change this box ,I,am not putting down a money amount.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Williamstown, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

In town for a few days celebrating a family member's graduation. We chose this hotel based on previous ratings I read. Some were accurate, some were a little exaggerated. The staff is very professional and polite. The room was average, clean, bed was comfortable. Good complimentary breakfast. The food was kept well stocked. The area is a little secluded, but very close to a lot of shopping areas, and restaurants. Overall, this was a good choice. My only con would be them running out of towels. The hotel was booked, so it would only made sense to make sure you're hotel was stocked with clean towels. SMH. If I'm ever in town for only a few days, I would stay here again. Just make sure you keep your clean towels well stocked. ;)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear GQ Tony E,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. I am very appreciative of your wonderful comments about our staff, comfortable rooms, and complimentary breakfast. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience with regards to the replacement of towels. We have discussed your concerns with the staff and I can assure you that we will take the necessary adjustments in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you again when you return to Chesapeake.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare
Orange, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Convenient Location, Friendly Staff, CLEAN, Beds are extremely comfortable and rooms are Large!! Usually stay at a Holiday Inn when I travel and am this exact hotel was outstanding as usual. The King Beds are HUGE!

Room Tip: King Beds are HUGE
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This hotel is very clean and very well managed. The staff is awesome. My family loved it. The breakfast was awesome. Our room was so comfortable and clean. We can't wait to return to Chesapeake and stay at this hotel again. This place is our choice when traveling to that area again. Kudos to the whole staff.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, Great staff.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Elmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

On the surface its like every other Holiday Inn Express. If you like HI Express you will like it here. What actually blew me away was the staff. They are fun, energetic, lively, friendly and engaging. It was like they knew me personally and I only stayed 2 nights.

Room Tip: Pick a suite. It was only $10 more and very big and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake? Share your experiences!