“Great stay - Good for Business Travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Deal
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Charleston, SC
“Great stay - Good for Business Travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I am a devout Hilton customer, and I am pleased with my stay at this HGI in Chesapeake, VA. My non-smoking king room was furnished with the standard HGI furniture - king bed, desk, arm chair with ottoman, and tv armoire. The room also had the refrigerator and microwave, which is standard at HGI's (and one of the reasons why I chose to stay here). The room was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and I had no complaints during my 6-night stay. The fitness room is a little on the small side, but they did have free weights and cardio machines - however, if you want a more intense workout experience, you can drive about 2 blocks to the Golds Gym where your HGI room key will get you a free pass to use their facilities. This hotel is fairly new, and they are maintaining it well. I recommend this for business travelers - lots of shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores nearby.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

Stayed at the Chesapeake Garden Inn for a quick business trip. It’s a pretty average hotel, or maybe just a couple clicks above average: Nice lobby, decent bar/restaurant area, cookies when you check in, nice fireplace area, etc. I'm confused by the raves of other reviewers; if you go in expecting superior accommodations, you might be left scratching your head... Don’t let the newness sway your decision, as there are oodles of hotels in that area to choose from, & I’ve been told they’re all pretty new. One disappointment was that when I was checking in, they claimed they “overbooked” & didn’t have the room I reserved. Apparently no fault of this particular hotel, as it was explained this was done from some corporate booking account or something, and the poor receptionist went to great lengths to accommodate everyone in line. She sent the person ahead of me to a different hotel, but I had been traveling for many, many hours & just didn’t want to get back in a car to go anywhere, so I was given the choice between a smoking room or an “accessible” room. Apparently the last two rooms left. Ok, not a huge deal, & this didn’t tarnish the Hilton name quite as badly as Paris herself, but I’ve stayed at many hotels & this isn’t what I’d expect from a reputable chain.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I travel frequently for business and have stayed here a few times in the past. The rooms are very comfortable. I stayed there 5 nights this trip. Staff is outstanding. Facilities are very clean. Location is near many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

I recently stayed here to attend a friend's wedding, with my fiance and another couple.

We arrived around dinner time, I went in to check-in and was promptly greeted (with a smile!) by a lady behind the desk. Check-in took about a whole 2 minutes. I requested 2 extra keys (since we had 4 people) and she gave them to me, no questions asked. Though i later i found out my key didnt work, but since we were always together, not a big deal.

Headed up to our room, it was clean, cozy and COLD. lets just say the AC is more than adequate, but that is the way i prefer it. linens were standard, and beds had ample pillows. Bathroom was nicely stocked with Neutragena products (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap....). Plenty of towels too (which we brought to the beach with us), and were given more when requested. The rooms have complimentary wireless and wired internet for your use, which i LOVED. i can't believe how more hotels do not offer this, or at least for free.

Breakfast selection wasnt the greatest, but has what you need. eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, a variety of fruit and yogurt and even a belgian waffle maker! and the best part, a man on the grill, for made to order eggs and omletes.

The hotel is a bit of a drive from the beach area, about 20 miles (30 minutes) away. We did not get to enjoy the pool, and was a downer that it closed at 10pm. the "fitness center" was very skimpy. a bike, a treadmill, some weights and a bench, all in an area smaller than a guestroom.

The only cons that are worth mentioning: on our only full day, saturday, we had gone off to the beach in the morning (8am-ish). came back to the hotel around 2pm to get ready for the wedding. we returned to find the room had not been cleaned yet. around 3pm, housekeeping came around and asked if we wanted our room cleaned, in which we said yes, but asked if they could return closer to 4, when we would have left again for the wedding. they said they could not. so they ended up servicing the room while we were all getting ready. then ironically, on sunday morning (day we were checking out), they came around at 8am. i didnt really understand this....but yea, probably the only negative part of our stay. The other, tho not a huge deal, we did try to request a late check out (in no rush to return to our busy lives in NYC), but were denied, they said they were not granting any late check-outs for the day. if not for the housekeeping issue, i would have rated it 5/5.

so, all in all, a great stay, wish we could have enjoyed the pool. but we did enjoy the beach, which got crowded as the day went by. I would recommend staying here, its quiet, cozy and clean, and the staff was very friendly.

• Liked — comfortable
  • Disliked — housekeeping issue...
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Savannah Georgia US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

This hotel exceeded all expectations, as high as they were!
I've stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns for business trips and I like them in general: rooms, lobbies, floor plan, etc. but this particular one was GREAT because of the superb staff and quiet, nice room. Complimentary shuttle to & from hotel & airport. Close to many restaurants & in front of a large movie theater complex. Safe environment and surroundings.

Front desk personnel: lovely
Bar & Small Breakfast/Dinner place staff: wonderful
Shuttle driver Sam: polite & wonderful

I had to leave out at an unusually early time when their complimentary van was not up & running yet and I was having a very difficult time getting a taxi to the hotel. The property engineer/maintenance engineer (Patrick!) actually drove me in the van after happening upon me talking to the desk clerk about my transportation problem. So unexepected, so fantatic!

This hotel should be a model for the all of the Hilton Garden Inns.
Very impressed, very happy.

• Liked — Amenities, Staff, Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stafford, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Do not book your reservations thru the hotel website. Call directly to the hotel. I arrived to the hotel and the only room that was available was a smoking room. My stay was the worst experience ever.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Smoke Filled Room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and found it to be exceptionally nice. We had checked the web and found nearby locations the same price with bad reviews. This hotel is relatively new and the location is quiet and not on the interstate.
The room was very clean, HUGE, and had very nice furnishings that included a comfortable chair and desk chair. There was wireless internet, a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker. The only thing I missed was a free breakfast. The hotel does offer free coffee but the breakfast is provided for a fee. The hotel desk clerk was very pleasant and professional. Freshly baked cookies were offered at checkin. I would definitely stay here again and hope you chose this location.

• Liked — huge room, very nicely furnished, very clean
  • Disliked — needed free breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Greenbrier? Share your experiences!