“Great staff that made you feel at home!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Studios & Suites 4 Less

You added Studios & Suites 4 Less to your Saves list
Studios & Suites 4 Less
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   721 Conference Center Dr., Chesapeake, VA 23320 (Formerly Cedar Tree Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great staff that made you feel at home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here with my 2 children while looking for a new home after moving from Florida. The staff was awesome! They treated us like we were family. My son has autism and when he has a tantrum people tend to look down on us and make us feel very unwelcome and uncomfortable....but not the staff here. For that I will always be grateful!!!
My room was always well taken care of and I was always satisfied. In fact, the owner himself aided in my search for a rental property........who could ask for a better experience. A big thank you goes out to the entire staff and owner of Studios $ Suites 4 Less for for giving my family and I a great short stay experience!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were going to a concert in Va. Beach and didn't want to spend a fortune on a room for one night. I went online and the price for this seemed affordable at less than $90. I made my reservation and gave my credit card info online. When we got to the hotel I was first very disappointed in the run down appearance. Not at all like shown on the website. The lobby was musty and there were boxes every where. There was a problem with my credit card as the name on the card was different than the name I gave on the web. My fiance had to use his card (I didn't bring mine because I thought the room was paid for and I was trying to bring as little as possible in my tiny purse.) The charge was over $20.00 more than my confirmation showed. The elevator was SMALL and stopped on the wrong floor. We thought we were getting a room with a heart shaped tub, but NO. When we asked we were told there were no heart shaped tubs, but they thought there was a heart shaped hot top, but it wasn't working; I was further disappointed but decided, okay we will just go to the pool until time to get ready for the concert. NOPE!!! We, don't have a pool. I wanted to leave, but my fiance said it was for one night and we would just ride to the beach (which was 20 minutes away (extra gas) and it costs to park (additional money). There was no restaurant in the hotel, so we had to find someplace for dinner (wouldn't have eaten there anyway had there been one.) This was in the top two of the worst places I've ever stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Comins, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am not sure why there are so many terrible reviews about the Cedar Tree. I was a Professional Wrecker Driver and would stay at least once a month at the Tree over a 3 year period. I was always treated with respect, never had a bad experience and only had to be moved to a different room twice; once was because the ceiling was leaking during a Nor' Easter, and once when the owner, Mr. Ray, wanted to upgrade my room as one became available. I knew a lot of CPD officers as I worked closely with them when cleaning up wrecks around the Greenbrier District, and the only times that they were "hanging around" is when Mr. Ray allowed them to do practice/staged searches with their K-9 unit, as a favor to the City of Chesapeake; many hotels in Chesapeake allow that, and I am not sure why anyone would rate a hotel lower because of police being around, unless.....

I have never asked for a refund because I have never been dissatisfied with my stays there. I have however, been given discounts on the rates because of my return patronage. I am picky when it comes to cleanliness because my family owns and operates a ski lodge in N. Michigan, and I understand the importance of cleanliness and employee attitudes. There are camera's located all over the complex, and despite the fact that some outer entryways are unlocked, everything is recorded and there is always someone watching the cams even from remote locations.

If you want the Ritz, stay at the Ritz and pay the price. If you want a decent hotel that has a very decent price, stay at the Tree. I have recommended a lot of folks to the Tree, and I have also received thank you cards via AAA because the stranded members were so grateful to have a safe and comfortable place to stay when all the other hotels in the area turned their nose to stranded people.

If you go to the Tree expecting a 5 star hotel but at a 3 star price, perhaps you should try booking in at a 5 star hotel and try to figure out why they won't give you a 3 star price!

Room Tip: The front of the Tree faces Woodlake Dr which is very busy no matter what time of day, however, the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Reidsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Reservations were easy to make on-line. They can also be made by phone at (757) 366-0100.
Check-in was very quick and done by courteous, neat and knowledgeable employees who even assisted with getting the baggage to the room. The room was spacious, clean, well arranged, well furnished and stocked with coffee supplies. The king-sized bed was very comfortable as well as the couch and chairs. The Inn provided a catered buffet dinner for the quests on Christmas Eve. The maid service was outstanding. They were also very friendly and accomodating. The Manager was very professional and inquired about the staff, facilities and accomcdations. This was my first visit to the Cedar Tree Inn and Suites but will not be my last.

Room Tip: The suites are just great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nags head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed last weekend at the Cedar Tree Inn , the hotel was clean , staff was nice and for the price you simply can't get a better deal. It certainly isn't the Marriott however you don't pay that price tag either. I enjoyed my stay and think you will to.

Room Tip: Cannot add anything , I received what I paid for .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I had a pleasant stay here at cedar. The location is very convenient...only 5 minutes from greenbrier mall along with other hotels and restaurants also across from Chesapeake conference center. The area is safe and a place one can bring their family. the front staff were professional and communicative. if around again, I will definitely check in with them. personally i had a pleasant stay and would absolutely recommend them. if you're planning an extended your visit to Chesapeake , this place will save you a lot of money as well ( given their weekly specials that I took advantage of).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Beware of owner Patel and his front desk manager Sharon, who are both confrontational and do not subscribe to customer service. After an unfortunate misunderstanding where housekeeping entered my room thinking I had checked out (even though my suitcase and all of my belongings were still in the room), and threw out all of my toiletries (yes ladies, all of my shampoo, conditioner, face soap, body wash, etc.) I asked to be compensated a nominal amount to replace the items, and instead found myself the victim of verbal abuse. There are a number of other hotels in the area... My recommendation is stay at any other or even in your car to avoid this pathetic excuse for an accommodation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Studios & Suites 4 Less? Share your experiences!