“Convenient location at a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   724 Woodlake Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320   |
Ranked #20 of 40 hotels in Chesapeake
Madison, Wisconsin
“Convenient location at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I paid the extra $5 to upgrade to a superior king and thought it was worth it. The work area was fabulous - lots of room for my computer and paperwork and lots of accessible power outlets. Wifi was the best I experienced on this trip. Clean room. Nice shower. The check in person at the front desk was a little gruff. A noisy location but I still slept well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here one night in October and I was pleased with how clean the room was. It was a king room, kind of on the small side (my husband kept saying the room was small!). The staff that we dealt with were very friendly and efficient. The parking lot got kind of crowded and even noisy by the time we got back from dinner but once we shut our room door behind us it wasn't a problem. It is very close to shopping and food. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear 4RLL,
I would like to thank you for sharing your most recent stay with others. I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed a nice clean room. We do have several different room types available. Our Standard King room is a bit smaller and most economically priced. Our Superior King is a larger room, has a microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker for just a few dollars more. I am not sure which type you had. Let us know next time you are in town and we will make sure that you are in the larger room.
Thanks again for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with my team.
Tecumseh, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had driven up the outer banks and arrived tired. Facilities were average. Could stand some serious maintenance, but the room was pretty clean, and tidy. No breakfast whatsoever. There are nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear PCGJ,
Thank you for telling others about your visit and the great value in staying at our location.
We are a great location for travelers coming and going from the Outer Banks. If you encountered any maintenance issues during your stay, please feel free to drop me a line at i0154@redroof.com. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest's overall experience.
Thanks again for sharing your experience.
various
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Since I have started watching Hotel Impossible, I have found very few hotels to even come close to industry standards. I am a repeat customer. Ronnie, at the front desk, has some of the best customer service characteristics that I have seen in a long time. He is extremely professional, pays close attention to detail and will ensure that your expectations are exceeded! Besides having a great staff, this hotel is extremely clean! I checked the room from top to bottom. I checked every detail of this from from the pillows and their cases to behind the toilet! I found nothing! Not a stray hair, stain nor mold or mildew. This is the cleanest hotel I have stayed in in a while and we usually stay in 4 star hotels. We stood here on our last visit to the area because our normal 4 star was completely booked. Fortunately we did! We have a clean room, great service and pay 1/4th of the price! Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reinaldo,
Thank you so much for all of your positive comments. I am glad to hear that we exceed your expectations. I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed Ronnie's customer service. Ronnie is definitely an asset to our team. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of my team. Positive comments like yours let us know that we are heading in the right direction with our overall service to our customers. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit with us
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed only one night . There are lots of places to stay in this area and more expensive hotels ito choose from. Many have the immenities that this one does not. The outside and ground on this hotel are clearly dated and in need of a facelift, but rooms are comfortable and very clean. If you are looking for a value hotel this one is great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Alison,
Thank you for your most recent posting. We always enjoy hearing about our guest's experiences. I am glad that you had a chance to experience our clean rooms. It is our hope that you will stay with us again, the next time you visit our are.
Thanks again for sharing with others.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in Chesapeake for about one and a half weeks. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and service was excellent. When we asked for extra, or fresh towels the staff was always available and willing to provide great service. There are more expensive hotels across the street, but you can't beat the value and service we received when we traveled to Virginia. Just a mile or two down the highway all sorts of common restaurants and stores can be found. Convenient location between the beach and Williamsburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with others. I am so glad you were able to stay with us and recognize the value in our accomodations while you enjoyed the surrounding areas. The Greenbrier area is right in the middle of everything, so it does make for convenient travel. We hope that you will think of us next time you visit the area. Thanks again for your comments.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good value. For the frequent traveler looking for a bargain, this is it. As mentioned in other reviews, the exterior doesn't look promising, but the rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. There were a few issues like lamps not working and the TV remote's battery cover wouldn't stay on, but I consider cleanliness much more important. Rooms have been somewhat remodeled having the carpets removed and a fresh coat of paint. Wifi works well with enough bandwidth to watch Netfilx.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wolfpacker,
We are so glad you enjoyed yoru most recent stay with us. I am especially glad to hear that you liked the room upgrades and most importantly were able to enjoy your Netflix.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center? Share your experiences!