“Friendly Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 40 hotels in Chesapeake
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Friendly Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was clean and the service was great. Karen attended our needs with a friendly attitude. We checked in after going to warped tour and walked into a lobby that was full of smiles. Karen happily attended some special needs such as more shampoo and towels. She was very sincere and polite. Never expected such great service for such a great value. I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Great value. You may get a cheaper quote online.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience. I am very glad to know that Karen gave you excellent service during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Karen and the rest of my staff.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next stay with us.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Culpeper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Decent, well-priced hotel. I paid roughly $70 a night with taxes and all the fees. I wouldn't pay much more than this, though. Clean room and comfortable bed! Everything was updated and nice. Good working areas. I had a King room. The room smelled musky at first impression, but no different than other hotels. Not much in means of available tv channels.

I was here for business, and had to leave each evening because the WIFI was terrible. I could not get anything done due to being disconnected and the slow speed. It was frustrating. I called the number given to call, but I was assured it was moving at full speed. Trust me, it was not. It took minutes to open some of my files, only to then be disconnected and have to try again. I went to starbucks and barnes and noble and got the job done.

My only qualms are the same folks (I was there for several days) loitering around the parking lot smoking and each time I went into the front office, they were sitting in the chairs talking to what I assumed was housekeeping. One even continued to talk a bit while I was there. I didn't like that, but we are all human.

Overall, though, I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the updated rooms. I regret that you had problems with the internet. I will notify our provider to insure this is not an ongoing issue.
Thanks again for staying with us, we hope you will spend time with us again in the near future.
Northern Virgina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Did not feel safe at check in. Our room faced Old Greenbriar Road and the hotel had a lot of locals hanging out in front of rooms and in the parking lot. There were not any other cars in the lot but ours. The hotels around the RRI were packed with families. My husband, children and I felt very unsafe so we checked out 20 minutes after we checked in. The on duty front desk staff did not have a problem with our departure after 20 mins.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear 703 Mom,
We regret that your first impression in our parkinglot prevented you from staying with us. Our parkinglot is often empty during the afternoon on the weekends as guests are busy visiting the beach and local attractions during that time. We sell out most weekends, so we are generally packed later in the evening.
I am sorry you were unable to stay with us.
Best wishes for your future travels.
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great renovations at this Red Roof Inn! All the newly renovated Red Roof Inns are terrific and this is no exception. I received good service at the front desk, and my room was immaculate. This hotel is also in a great location - many restaurants and stores within a mile. I always look for a Red Roof Inn when I travel because of their good prices and most properties are newly renovated in past few years. Thanks for the great value!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your most recent visit with us. We are always glad to hear positive comments about our staff and the renovated property.
Our goal is for all of our guests to have a positive experience.
We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to the area.
Thanks again for sharing your stay with others.
Northern Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I rarely write completely negative reviews. However, this property merited one. We arrived on a Friday afternoon with our dog and baby. Upon arrival, we noticed some unsavory individuals loitering in the parking lot. After checking in, we pulled our vehicle up to our room's location. We were creeped out when the guests in a down stairs room darted to the window to look out. We still held on to our hopes and decided to just give the room a chance. As we opened the door, it was quite clear that our non smoking room had been chain smoked in a few hours before our arrival. For health and safety reasons, we decided not to stay here. This is the first time that we have decided to leave a property after checking in. My husband returned to the front desk to make it know that we were leaving. While he waited in line, he noticed that the individual in front of him was paying the "cash rate" of twenty seven dollars (one third of what we were being charged). We will definitely not return. It has also called into question any future Red Roof Inn stay ideas we may consider.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I sincerly apologize for the unusual events that you encountered upon checking in to your room. It is always our goal for all of our guests to feel comfortable at our property. I am very sorry that we fell short in this case. We sell out rooms most weekends, so we do get a lot of guests coming and going throughout the properyt. I regret that some of them disrupted your stay. We do accept cash as a payment method, but do not have a "cash rate" of $27.00 as all of our rates are set corporately. I will share your comments with my team to see where we can make improvements. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was given a work assignment in Chesapeake, to try to save an account that another individual had messed up badly. I made the trip not knowing what the client reaction was going to be, or how long I would be staying to deal with the issues. I made reservations via the website for two nights, expecting that I would not be there any longer. There was a special rate on the web, making the room very affordable. I chose a "Superior" room, with a small refrigerator and microwave.

I arrived in town, and went directly to the client location. After verifying that I would be able to attempt to fix the problems there, I checked into the hotel later that afternoon (Monday). The gentleman working the front desk (Ronnie) was friendly, polite and efficient, and I was able to get my luggage and supplies into the room quickly. The room was clean, with the A/C on so that it was not extremely hot in the room (a very nice touch on an 80+ degree day with about 75% humidity)

Everything was great, the client actually gave us more work, so I ended up having to extend my stay. On Tuesday evening, I went down to the front desk, and there was a different person working. I told her that I wanted to extend my stay for two more nights, thinking that this is an easy request. She looked in the computer, and you would have thought that I was a criminal from her reaction. She told me that because I had made my reservation on line, I was locked in and it could not be changed. She said that I would have to check out before 11 AM the next morning, and I could go on line to make another reservation, so that I could check back in that evening.

I asked for a manager, but none was available. The next morning I went back to the office, and explained to the desk clerk what I was told. She shook her head and told me that what they could do is close out the one two night stay, charge my card for it, and then immediately open another stay at the same rate. I agreed, we did a bit of paperwork and everything was fine,

Trying to make sure that I would be able to get back home for the weekend, I stayed at the client location very late on Thursday. When I got back to my room, I found the A/C was blowing hot air. A trip down to the desk (where Ronnie was again working) ended with my having to pack up and change rooms for the final night. After working 13 hours, this was not my idea of a good time.

On Friday morning, I went to check out and before I did I asked for the manager again. He (Kevin) came out and we talked for a bit about the problems. His (and Ronnie's) attitude and helpfulness made the difference between an Excellent and a Poor rating. He listened to the complaints, apologized and made an adjustment to my bill that was more than I expected.

When you choose a lower price hotel/ motel you understand that there will be fewer amenities that at other more luxurious ($$$) places. This hotel provides a clean room and an acceptably comfortable bed for a reasonable price.

Problems happen with any mechanical device. It is how the problems are handled that make the difference between a satisfied guest, and one who vows never to return. Kevin and Ronnie made that difference, and when I return to the area I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
It is our goal for all of our guests to leave here with a positive experience.
Thanks again for choosing the Red Roof Inn Chesapeake for your lodging needs.
We look forward to your next visit.
Etters
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The property itself is in pretty good condition due to the rooms recently getting renovated and the amenities are provided as described. There was excessive noise from neighboring rooms on my first night and I was allowed to change rooms. After the room change there were no issues and the stay was quite pleasant. There was much more help from the daytime front desk staff that the evening front desk staff.

Room Tip: Less noise on the second floor and rooms in the "courtyard" between the two builders are q...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with others. We appreciate the opportunity to turn around the the problems you had experienced with noise issues. It is always our hope that everyone has a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center? Share your experiences!