“Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   724 Woodlake Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320   |
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a quick, cheap place to stay in Chesapeake, VA so I booked online at redroofinn.com. I was pleased with the ease of navigating the site. Check-in was simple and fast. I got my keys and opened the room and SURPRISE! I was impressed by the chic design and quality of the room, especially because of the affordability. It featured modern decor and small conveniences like outlets on the nightstand so I could charge my cellphone next to me as I slept. I will definitely return to this location when passing through.

• Stayed February 2013
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your most recent experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our new decor. It is also nice to know that you used the outlet strip on the night stand to charge your phone. We recently added those just for that purpose.
Thank you again for sharing your comments, and it is our hope that you can stay wth us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

i just arrived in town and Karen at 7154 Chesapeake helped with everything thank god for her she was a god sent. best stay ever. she helped with food,directions, shopping she was amazing.the hotel has recently remodeled and the place looks great. it is in a great location to everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and our front desk representative. I will be sure to share your experience and comments with the rest of my staff, as we are always looking to provide our guests with a great stay. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The rooms were recently updated - newly painted, laminate floors, modern furniture, clean. Really firm beds (which I hate). Had to pay approx $10 more per night to get the deluxe room; which has a refrigerator (no freezer) and a microwave. No coffee pot. Ice maker is by lobby; had to walk a ways to get to it. Called for an extra roll of toilet paper around 8 am and was told I had to wait until the housekeepers got there - was not told when that would be.

Overall, the room is nice for the price. The amenities and service are lacking a bit.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the road (noisy)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Katie M.
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you liked the look of the new room updates. We currently offer in room coffee in our Superior King rooms and as we continue updating all of our rooms, we are looking at adding additional amenities in the near future. I appreciate you sharing your recent experience and will be sure to share your comments with the rest of my team to see what we can do better.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I agree with some other reviewers, not the greatest area of Chesapeake but I found the rooms very clean and location convenient. Not too far from major shopping, food, drug store, hospital. I believe that I was in a newly remodeled room and liked the updating. I like the laminate flooring! The bed was very comfortable with decorative and new bedspreads.
Very friendly front desk staff.
I did encounter a chatty person outside but upon saying good night, was not bothered by loud voices or noise. I stayed on a weeknight which may have kept the noise down.
I came with a pet, noted that on my online reservation and the office staff had a room all picked out on the ground floor near a grassy area. Now that impressed me!!
A great value too! I have stayed here before and would stay again.

Room Tip: Let the office staff know in the online reservation of any requests. They really do read them and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Leslie R,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. We are especially glad that you liked the look of the newly renovated rooms and comfortable new bedding. We look forward to serving your lodging needs on your next visit to the area.
Schwenksville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at other Red Roof Inns before and found them to be ok, but then I recently booked two rooms at this hotel. They put us on opposite sides of the building. Very rough area, there was a large group of people standing, leaning on our door, talking loud till 2 AM. Inside, our room was disgustiing with stains on chair, paint peeling, TV so dark you could barely make out faces,filthy carpet. Bathroom, little hairs on floor and tub. At check out at 6:00AM, almost afraid to open our door to go outside, we found the office locked, the night auditor almost too afraid to let us (senior citizens) in to get our receipt. This room, this stay was disgusting! Red Roof... make them renovate or pull them from your chain!!!

Room Tip: In this area, pay a little more and stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your most recent visit to our location. It is our goal for all of our guests to have a positive experience. My staff and I are committed to resolving any guest issues as promptly and efficiently as possible. I am very interested in learning more details about your stay so that we can address these issues immediately at our property. I can be reached by email at i0154@redroof.com.
I am happy to report to you that we are scheduled for renovation later this year and will be upgrading our current room package and décor.
We appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns, and wish the best in all of your future travels.
Chesapeake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I arrived at this hotel to find residence or guest hanging around the balconies. To make matters worst the front desk issued me a room key that belonged to someone else. I opened the door only to find the the room was already occupied. Needless to say I checked out and stayed at another nearby hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property. At Red Roof Inn, our goal is for all our guests to have a positive experience with our product and our people. I regret that we fell short on your expectations. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity down the road to serve your lodging needs. We wish you the best with your future travels.
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I like Red Roof Inns - because they are great value for the money, usually in a convenient location, and always allow dogs with no fees. This one is perfect - the rooms are just fine, it is very convenient to the interstate, and very close to tons of restaurants and any shopping you might need to do. This is a GREAT alternative to more expensive hotels in the area. I switch off between this Red Roof Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn (which I also like) a mile away, which is more than twice as expensive. Red Roof Inns are a great bargain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We are very happy that you had a great stay with us and were willing to share your experience with others. You will be happy to know that we will begin rennovations to all of the rooms and the property later this year. Our plan is to update our rooms and still offer our customers the best value in the area.
We really appreciate your comments and look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center? Share your experiences!