“This motel was actually better than I had expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   724 Woodlake Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23320   |
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Jacksonville, Florida
“This motel was actually better than I had expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

It really isn't a big motel, I stayed here by myself I am a female & I felt very safe it is in a great area not far from entertainment, food & etc. The staff was nice & the room was very clean. I didn't get the room with the fridge, microwave or coffee pot .I did not need all of those extras just simple nice clean place to stay until I flew back to Jacksonville Florida. It did serve it's purpose Great room for the money you pay. I would recommend this motel to my family. I enjoyed staying there & will stay again. Affordable

Room Tip: Clean room, great staff/ No amenities
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed in this location for several weeks while we looked for a home as we were new to the area. I cannot say enough nice things about how wonderful the staff was. So friendly from the very first phone call. We have a large dog which makes finding a place to stay a nightmare. Not here, no charge at all, NO HASSELLS. I have stayed at five star hotels and resorts that did not give near this good of service!!!
Thank you for making a difficult situation tolerable.

Room Tip: How about just being nice to the staff and ask??
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Best of luck with your move. It was a pleasure having you with us.
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

If we would have left before Friday night, this would be a decent value if you are traveling with your pet kind of review. Not as clean as hoped, but decent enough for a dog-friendly place to stay. Friday night, everything changed. After 2pm, it got scary. Was told by desk clerk the next morning that police eventually came, which confirmed what we thought (actually, it was made quite clear and very loudly exactly what was going on) about prostitutes and guys waiting and partying in the parking lot. Will not be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed there the weekend of 2-19-2011 to 2-20-2011 when I arrived I was serviced andhad my room keys within in minutes the lady there was very helpful and she kept he very friendly smile and attitude even when a very rude and nasty customer came in and tried to demand service cause they was in a rush . As I was leaving that freindly attitude was there again even joking about when I said I was going for breakfast. The lady was so nice I had to buy her lunch I definately will be staying there again

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

My fiance and I frequent many hotels for fun and leisure and the Red Roof Inn in Chesapeake Va is the best in the Greenbriar area! the rooms are clean, the service is friendly and the rates are fair. We recomend this hotel to anyone from a weekend stay to an extended visit. Allen and Sarah

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hickory, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Upon arriving the front desk attendant was on the phone. He hung up the phone and said " [-] Lady gonna complain about 50 [-] cents". I went into room and forgot about that. All night long people were pulling into the spots around my room blasting loud Bass from there cars at 3:00am. There was literally a pimp staying in the room above me who was leaving in his loud truck every 30minutes to pick up and drop off his prostitutes. I am not Kidding!! I generally don't complain but this was unacceptable. The good thing ids they fully refunded my money. If you want to sleep don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it used to be ok but now it is not worth the money saved.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Reseda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I have stayed at this facility before and each time I receive the same great service and room accommodations.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center? Share your experiences!