“Old apartment building” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Studios 4 Less

and 1 more site!
You added Studios 4 Less to your Saves list
Studios 4 Less
2000 Old Greenbriar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320 (Formerly TownePlace Suites Chesapeake)   |
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Greensboro, NC
“Old apartment building”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Was disappointed in our recent stay...the outside of the hotel looks nice, but the room and interior corridors looked like Marriott had bought an old apartment building, changed the carpet and put their name on it. The bed was not comfortable and curtains looked like they were barely hanging up. The 'lobby' is where breakfast is served - no chairs, just meant to grab a breakfast bar and take it back to your room. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Green Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was fantastic! We had so much room!

Utilized the pool and although small, it met our four year old nephew's needs. I used the workout room in the morning. One treadmill, one elliptical, and some free weights, but it did the job.

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast and was a welcome touch.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

TownePlace Suites are the value hotel of Marriott. Our stay at the TownePlace Chesapeake was as expected. Good value...clean room....complementary cold breakfast...satisfactory service. The location has brand new fitness equipment in the fitness room. The property is conveniently located across the interstate from the Greenbrier Mall area which has numerous chain restaurants from which to choose. I've read over preivious reviews and can say that we did not experience any of the issues mentioned. I'd recommend this hotel for what it is - good solid value hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This property is about two or three years beyond a serious facelift. The frame around the door to the Office and around the entrance doors to the building in which I stayed (Building B, I believe) look as though they have been used as targets in a demolition derby. The room in which I stayed was clean (except for some mold around portions of the the base of the shower enclosure), but the furnishings were cheap-looking. Perhaps I was expecting too much, since it is a Marriott property. But at a rate of just over $100/night (tax included) I thought I should be able to expect something a little less shabby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Very convenient to the highway on the way to the outer Banks. Needed a place with two separate rooms and this was perfect. It was dated, but clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The double room is priced very nicely and well worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I am a marriott rewards member and every time we travel to Virginia Beach area we stay at a marriott hotel...Customer service is great, the pool area is great as wel, but the rooms have a horrible mildew smell as soon as I walked into the room we couldnt breathe and I call the front desk and they change my room right away the second room same issue but not as strong so I called and they didnt have any rooms available to switch me again so we stayed in that room being that we were gone all day and just had the room to sleep in, I purchased candles and air freshners to cover up the smell and it worked, on the second night we all had a sore throat and runny noses from the mildew smell...the furniture was very old and had stains, I always stayed at a courtyard or fairfield inn and thats what I will continue to stay, Please dont waste your money in this hotel full of mold.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Can't leave 3 and a half star review, so I'll be nice and up it to 4. We were at this hotel for 4 days. Overall it's a nice, quiet hotel. Contrary to a few older reviews I've read, the hotel's only a mile away from several malls, restaurants, and large shopping plazas, so it's very convenient. It's also only around 20 minutes from VA Beach. Yes, the room was a little on the old school side (tube TVs, older furniture) but it was more than adequate--didn't do down there to watch TV anyway!

My issue was with the customer service of the front desk and cleaning staff. Very friendly, heart-warming smiles, and could charm your pants off in a conversation. Alas, they were a tad too forgetful. If they promised to bring it up, they never would, so I'd wind up getting what we needed from the desk. One night I called asking for towels, and after an hour or so of waiting wound up just going to get them from the desk myself. Same thing happened the next day when asking for kitchen supplies. Overall it's probably not a great way to gain a repeat customer.

The cleaning service did a poor job though. The only reason we knew the room had even been touched was because the used towels and garbage were gone. Room wasn't really picked up or vacuumed, and they barely even made the bed! After that, we left the Do not Disturb sign up and got our own towels and supplies.

I'd recommend this place because the plusses outweighed the minuses. However, I'd stay there again after a year or so, hoping that they may have a new cleaning staff and guest service hosts with a better memory. Other than those minor inconveniences, I enjoyed the hotel itself.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Studios 4 Less? Share your experiences!