“Best Thai food I've had in a long time - you won't be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Thai Cuisine

Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 434 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Thai
Norfolk, Virginia
“Best Thai food I've had in a long time - you won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I live 30 minutes from this restaurant, passing other well known Thai restaurants on the way but my "lover of all food Thai" friend wanted to meet here. WOW. Decor first struck me as beautiful. We were the only patrons there for an early lunch and had a very friendly, attentive waitress. We started off with Fresh Spring rolls ($5.95 for 4) which were delivered immediately - and beautifully displayed on a plate with a jelly-type sweet sauce. The rolls were cut up so it looked like more than 4 spring springs and the more-than-bite-size portions revealed a heavy-on-the-romaine-lettuce roll but delicious nonetheless. A small cup of soup arrived next. Not sure what it was but I threw in of the red jelly sauce from the rolls and the soup was more flavorful. My friend and I both ordered Massaman curry ($6.95) with chicken and it was THE BEST I have had. Full of chicken, pineapple, and potatoes with whole peanuts in plenty of smooth coconut soup. Turns out my son just started a new job down the street, so I brought him Pad Thai for lunch. Score.

I wish this restaurant was closer to home - food was top-notch, the surroundings were clean and tastefully decorated and the wait staff prompt and friendly. May have to make some excuses to head out to Chesapeake more often...

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Food was good but no wow factor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

I was in town on business and ordered a take-out dinner. The service was good, wait time was reasonable but I thought the price was a little high. The taste of the food was good but the meat was slightly overcooked and tough. Not a terrible meal but I will probably try somewhere else next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Make part of you weekly diet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Our family loves the food and employees of this lovely, quiet restaurant, we oder out at least once a week, and dine in at least once a month. Prices reasonable. But like most Asian dining, you leave full, but hungry an hour later. They also willing to make you dinner not spicy, or as hot/spicy and you can handle.

• Visited May 2011