“Extremely Clean, Employees are Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Value Place Chesapeake-Norfolk
137 Kempsville Rd, Kempsville Road & Battlefield, Chesapeake, VA 33230   |
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Extremely Clean, Employees are Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Thank you Sagar, Brandon and the rest of the staff. You guys were amazing. The place was clean, the location felt safe. I did not feel as if there were shady guests at all. The room and the bathroom were spotless My only complaint was that my bill said one thing, and I was actually charged about $10 more. I believe that it was a mistake, but It's probably not worth my time to pursue. I would highly recommend taking an inventory of the items and their condition as soon as you get your key upon check-in, and then have a walk-through done with a staff member upon check-out. That way, you will minimize any surprises. I received my entire deposit back with absolutely no fuss. I would definitely stay here again and will seek Value Place out if I am in need of a place to stay on the road. I have recommended VP to a family member who made need this kind of extended stay place in the event of an emergency situation. The laundry room is ample and clean. Did I mention that the rates were outstanding if you want a clean room but you are not a high maintenance guest? Just don't expect five star amenities. Brandon and Sagar, I hope that you get promotions and raises!

Room Tip: I would recommend that you NOT stay on the 1st floor because the headlights will shine through your...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

i was staying at the battlefield location and 2 of the people working there ( sagar and brandon ) were awesome very helpful and great conversation . they were very helpful i lost my card one time and had a new one from sagar within 5 mins great quiet place friendly people

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

They stole my deposit. I requested to have my room inspected before I checked out two different nights and was refused. They said there was wax all over the floor which is a bold face lie. Why would I have left candle wax on the floor???? I stayed there like two nights out of my seven day period and they kept my 100 dollar cash deposit with no proof of any wax anywhere. When I asked to call the manager I was told to come back when she was working. This place was cheap and worth the money but not the deposit also. The desk girl runs all around the hotel hanging with the drug addict looking guests. The put 10 Mexicans in one room and the place is infested with non green card having immigrants. The place is clean but smells of stale stench in the room and its scary walking the halls at night. Again. I WARN you!!!!! do not give a cash deposit. Have something you can dispute on a credit card. They also say no housecleaning but seems they came in my first night there when I was gone to clean and stole all the loose change of the table like it was their tip

Room Tip: Find another place!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The most friendly people and good service clean place good rates. Fast and friendly service. Great place to stay. The most for your money. Doesn't cost a fortune. Extra amenities available at good prices.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chesapeake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at Value Place for over 2 months. I have been so pleasantly surprised by Value Place. It is so nice to have a stove and full refrigerator rather than just a microwave. The facility is immaculate and quiet. I have not experienced any drama which makes me very comfortable. Teri and Laura have been especially courteous attentive and going above and beyond to assist me when I have needed it. All of the staff seeks to find out if you need anything. I will be here another month! Definitely worth the value! Kudos !!!

• Stayed January 2014
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at this Value Place and I absolutely enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and the room was so ridiculously clean and well maintained that I was SHOCKED. And I stay at 4 and 5 star hotels mostly. This was my first time at a Value Place and I was apprehensive.

Room Tip: Get 2 beds or a bed and a sleeper sofa because the beds are kind of small, especially if there are 2...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I'm in week #9 of my stay here and they just, this past week, upgraded the internet. And when I say upgraded I mean UPGRADED. I've now had it for a few days and I can honestly say this is the fastest internet you will find in any hotel and probably faster than 99% of you have at home. They also added wi-fi now and it's blazing fast as well. Just to give you an idea of the speed:

Wired:
Before: 150ms+ ping, 1mbps download, .05mbs upload
After: 15ms ping, 43mbps download, 6mbps upload

Wireless:
Before: N/A
After: 34ms ping, 11.62mbps download, 4.78mbps upload

As you can see this is near FIOS speeds, if not faster than FIOS in some cases, so the weakness I mentioned before about avoid staying here if you are an internet junkie has now been turned into a plus.

The only other main issue now is the bed. They are in the process of upgrading their beds but honestly I don't think the bed is as bad as I made it out to be when I first got here. I think my back mostly hurt from sitting in the actual computer chair. Or perhaps the fact I spent $50 at Kohls and got a foam mattress support alleviated it. Either way I don't have any issues with the beds anymore.

There is no reason for anyone to stay anywhere else than this place now in my opinion. It's by far the best value you are going to get for your money. I can wholeheartedly recommend it and if I am back in this area it will be the first place I go to make my reservation.

And yes, the $9.95 per week now for internet if really worth it now. And I really appreciate the fact that management took my (and other customers complaints) about the internet and lack of wi-fi seriously and rectified the problem. That shows they LISTEN to their customers and that's fantastic in this day and age! Great job Value Place!!

Room Tip: Go for third floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Chesapeake-Norfolk, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am so pleased that you are enjoying our new high speed internet! We are upgrading most of our properties this summer. We do listen to our guests and try to provide them the best service possible. I really hope you consider Value Place as your lodging provider in all of your future travels.

Been to Value Place Chesapeake-Norfolk? Share your experiences!