“Tina saved the day!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Hampton, Virginia
“Tina saved the day!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

When we first checked in we were pretty unhappy due to issues with our room. Tina was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was able to accommodate my entire party despite the problems with the room we reserved. Once again if it wasn't for Tina our experience would have been horrible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. Never stayed at aloft before. Very clean hotel. Smells great as soon as you walk in. Very nice front desk area in the center of the lobby. Seams very personable to me. I've stayed and renovated several hotels over the years all over the country and this is one of the nicest ones yet. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I am in and out of town quite a bit and will for sure be staying here if possible. As a hotel contractor I can say I love the design of the whole thing. Great job to the owners. Keep it up.
Ben

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very clean, modern and helpful staff. We stayed there with 75 H.S. students in our group. The hotel had everything ready when we arrived and took care of our numbers with no problems. We had a H.S. XC meet in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi Parenava,

Thank you for your writing about your recent stay. I am glad you and your group of students enjoyed your accommodations. We hope you stay with us again!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

From check in, to check out overall a bad experience. Upon check in I was greeted by two, unfriendly people who were dillegently working on the computers at the front desk. Instead of "Hello" I was greeted with "Hold On." Then I was asked to move to the other side of the desk to check in, instead of where I was standing with my bags.

The room was clean and nice (as usual for an alfot property)...I do love the Bliss products! I left my room the next morning around 10:30am, and took my "do not disturb sign" off. Upong returning at 4:00pm my room was not clean. When leaving for dinner at 5:00 I stopped by the front desk and asked if I could have my room servicied and then gentelman told me that the cleaning person left at 4:30!!!! In what hotel does that happen??? So my room wasn't serviced, and instead of being offered fresh towels, I had to ask!

At check out I went to make a cup of coffee/espresso as I love to do, but alas the machine was broken. While I don't mind this so much, as I do understand machines break.

What's really poor here is the level of customer service provided. I'll choose to go elsewhere on business when in Norfolk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved my room and the Bliss products are always a plus! However, the front desk people were too busy chatting with friends when I was trying to check in. I was checking in alone and asked for one key. She asked my floor preference but I ended up with two queens. Favorite part of hotel life is the stretch out across a big bed. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed September 2013
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi Renee S,

Thank you for your positive comments. Although your preferred room type was not available, I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay as well as the Bliss products. We hope you stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Located centrally, to the areas restaurants, stores and the Greenbrier Mall the Aloft is refreshing. The room is similar in decor and layout to another Aloft I had stayed at in Harlem, NYC.
It have a basic contemporary decor which give visitors to the area an option from the traditional decor of a Homewood Suites or the like.

When I got in my room, I realized that the phone in the room that I stayed in did not work. After I went down to inform front desk, they immediatley sent someone to fix the problem.

Staff were very pleasant throughout. One thing I do not understand is why the hotel made internet access a bit complicated by having a changing password instead of easy access with room number and guest last name, the way it is done at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi Charles A,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience and glad you enjoyed our location. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to resolve any issues you may have during your stay. We hope you to welcome you again the next time you are in the area.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

So I ended up at the Aloft on 9/7 after a poor experience at the Wingate just up the road. Checked in was smooth, no complications, took less than 10 minutes. Because it was my first time staying at the Aloft they did give me a little spill about the recharge area, the splash, etc. It was cute. I must admit walking in I was overwhelmed as there was alot going on. Pool tables, people lounging, full bar. It was alot different from the ordinary Wingate I stayed at the night before. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and explained everything in great detail.

Went up to my room and it was definitely not your typical hotel room but of course thats what Aloft is going for. Some people complained about the microwave and fridge being so close to the bathroom area, I did not care. The bathroom was very clean. The bedroom area was clean and comfortable. Large flat screen Tv. Strong wifi connection. Loved everything about the room to be honest.

Ended up downstairs at the bar, the bartender was friendly and made my drink exactly how I like it (strong lol). I'll be honest at some point I did forget that I was in a hotel. In the lobby area at night it felt like a bar/lounge. After a few drinks I was on my way back to the room and a huge crowd was in front of the elevators socializing. I really did feel like it was a club let out of something.
The only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect rating is the fact that this hotel is entirely TOO busy to have just 2 elevators. So yes thats not a major concern, its not a deal breaker, but for the impatient or the busy business people that believe every second is money may end up frustrated having to wait for the elevator or the elevator stopping at every floor to pick up people.

Other wise, I will be staying at the Aloft again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to aloft Chesapeake? Share your experiences!