“Awesome Adult atmosphere and stay!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 40 hotels in Chesapeake
Jacksonville Florida
“Awesome Adult atmosphere and stay!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Awesome experience!! The Hotel staff was outstandingly Professional at all times. Look. We were looking on the internet for a place to stay close to family while visiting. The Aloft Hotel was close, the price was right, and very close to the mall for my wife. It said Eco frie4ndly which is good and it was an ADULT establishment. It gave all of the ammenities and the photos wewre right on point. It was a no brainer for us to book. Upon arrival June 18th, we were greeted by (I am adding names of those we were directly in contact with), Maurice and Courtney. The check-in-was very pleasantand they gave us instructions on how the layout is an where the pool, ice, gym and other things. We went to the room and were not let down at all. Very clean and pleasent smell of the room. It was a little different thatnthe normal Hotel Chain which made it even better. No clutter in the room. Use of the space was very well planned. While no tub, the shower was large and the water pressure was better than mine at home. There are no ice machines on the floors(great idea to keep the noise down), but it is in the front lobby. I came down to get some and they were out. Isabella was off shift and offered to get ice for me. What a sweetheart. We had a great night sleep on the firm but not hard bed. One of the best sleeps I had in a Hotel room. Although we got up in the morning and didn't have their breakfast, you could have breakfast made the way you want. One of the cooks,(Trae) was happy to explain the process with us. We were greeted as we came down to the lobby by Deonte, Christine, and Virginia, front desk staff, and ask us how things were. We told them that everything is well so far, and out of no where came the Big Manager Jay! He met us and talked with us like we were family. I loved that about the entire staff. We went about our business and later came back to the hotel and was again greeted by Deonte and this time Jazmine. We were asking about places to eat and recommendations. They took the time to share and even printed out some places for us to try while we were here. I don't mean to bore any of you readers, but to make a long story short, WE ENJOYED OUR STAY!!!! I highly recommend it. If you are looking for a kid friendly hotel, although they do welcome children, it is more of a stop and go. Bar on site that stays open until 10pm, pool open until 11pm, and a pool table that was available 24/7. If you camplain about this place, you are crazy or didn't read the website.

Room Tip: All rooms I think are pretty good. We stayed on the 4th floor around the corner from the elevator. V...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear treegc1,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and got to experience our re:fuel lounge with a pool table, w xyz bar and splash pool. Great customer service is very important to us and we are so glad that you enjoyed our staff, we'll be sure to share your comments in our next team meeting. We hope to see you soon. Take care!

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I always try to stay at a Starwood hotel when I travel because I know that they will never let me down and the Aloft Chesapeake didn't dissapoint me. My stay was great, the staff were on point, the room was clean, it smelled nice. They even allowed us a late check out so we could freshen up after the football game, which was the reason we were in town. The Aloft never lets me down!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Jenae M,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that we met your expectations this time around and thank you for your dedication to Starwood. We are thrilled that time and again you've enjoyed our room features, staff and overall guest experience. We hope to see you soon, take care!
Northern Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The rooms are small but the layout is nice. The snack/food service had very little at 8 PM. The Internet was poorly functioning. I was able to successfully connect for three minutes during an entire night of trying. I feel like the rates are too high for the very limited services provided. I would not stay here again for the same rate. The three things that I liked is that the front desk lady was nice, it is pet friendly, and the showers are nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Kaia42,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We are delighted that you enjoyed our layout, room features and staff. We apologize for any inconsistencies with the free WiFi and will have our engineers look into this. We hope you'll give us another chance should your travel plans bring you to Chesapeake in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel so modern and clean! My boyfriend and I stay here all the time. I wouldn't pick another place to stay. Its so quiet and very enjoyable.I would recommend this hotel for anyone who loves a quiet stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear brttnjohnson,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We are delighted that you and your boyfriend continue to enjoy your experiences with us. We hope to see you when you are next in the area. Take care!
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The check-in staff were great, friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our reservation at the Spring Hill Suites across from this one were messed up by us. So considering we didn't have reservations at the Aloft, they were very helpful. Originally, they only had a stay for one night available in the 2 queen room and we'd have to change the next day, but the next morning, we were told we were going to stay put, that was definitely a plus considering we originally had no reservation. The hotel is very modern, not really appealing to me, but it's nice. I prefer regular hotel rooms. It took away some space in the room. It was myself, my husband and two daughters. Nice showers, powerful, a little awkward. Didn't have any problem with any noise, maybe because where we were. I have 2 complaints. Overall, the room was clean and the beds seemed fine, there were very visible old stains, not just one, in different areas of the carpet which made me not want to put my barefoot on the floor. I feel that is not something that a guest should have to deal with. If there are stains in the carpeting then it should be cleaned professionally and removed. I checked the bed and the sheets were clean, there was a sheet similar to a duvet covering the comforter and I pulled it back and noticed two big stains on the comforter. Well, as I feel about the carpet stains, the same should apply for the bedding. If it's stained and cleaning it doesn't remove the stain then it needs to be replaced with a new one, not covered. Other than those two things, I felt the hotel was nice. Pool area, outside sitting area, all nice and appealing. We stayed 3 nights. Pretty okay with the exception of those two things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We thought it was good. check-in was very easy and the girl at the front desk was energetic and very helpfull. Yes, it has a modern design so that may not appeal to some people. The room was clean. The bed was firm for us but not rock hard. The drinks were way too expensive though at $18 for a beer and a wine. There is some noise from the highway so if you are expecting completely quite then bring ear plugs or go to a remotely located hotel. Our only complaint would be lack of water pressure in the shower. All in all, a good stay for $90 a night.

Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Aloft and noted our modern decor. We hope you'll come back to see us on your next trip to Chesapeake and perhaps enjoy our drink specials during happy hour.
Portsmouth, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

my boyfriend and i had seen this hotel in passing by many times and we decided after a while we would try it out for a night of fun. We had a hard time with the check in. and the staff was not all that friendly about it. then finally, when we got the room we were so excited to see it... since the lobby and bar area is so neatly decorated and colorful... well.. we got in the room after quite a maze of hallways, and found the room .. different? it was obvious they were going for a unique and modern look. i thought that was neat... but a little uncomfortable.

the bathroom door was annoying and hard to close, and the shower wall shared with the bedroom area and it was a glass plate..(not see through) but it let light into the bedroom. the room was extremely hot and there was a thermostat but it was difficult to set on cool and even when it was on it took forever for it to work.

the beds were very firm. like a hard board. and even though we enjoy having drinks and being social and staying up late together, this place was loud past 3am. we were tired and getting very frustrated when the lights were off and we couldnt get to sleep when it was so late. we could hear people below us, on the sides of us, and across from us. all loud and partying so late! eventually we passed out. but only long enough to get a couple hours of rest before getting up at like 7am and leaving. we usually sleep much later when we stay places... we wer just so ready to get out of there.

when we checked out the staff were busy goofing off and joking with each other... they hardly noticed we were there, but at least they spoke politely as we checked out. but thye didnt ask how our stay was. probably best they didnt..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Skittles92,
We are so sorry that you and your boyfriend did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations and we would like to make this experience up to you if you would give us another chance. Please contact me directly at MKreider@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Chesapeake was a good one.

Been to aloft Chesapeake? Share your experiences!