“Good waystation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Chesapeake

You added Marriott Chesapeake to your Saves list
Marriott Chesapeake
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   725 Woodlake Drive, exit 289A off I-64 (Greenbrier Pkwy North), Chesapeake, VA 23320   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Dinner, Breakfast+2000pts
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Arnold, Maryland
“Good waystation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Property had big rooms and a clean pool. With little ones the pool was a plus. There's food near by and a Joe's Crab shack that's pretty decent. The room we had had two sofas, one a pull out so we could accommodate my two girls, wife and myself. Over friendly staff. Worked for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake. I would also like to express my appreciation for the positive comments you posted about our hotel, and describing some of our amenities your family was able to enjoy. We truly value your business, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Adam T. Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We flew into Norfolk Airport, which was only a 20 minute ride to the hotel. We checked in around 1130PM and were greeted by the front desk. Check-in was quick and painless.

The rooms were as expected for Marriot. They were clean with comfortable beds. The bathroom was a little small but still very functional. The hotel was quite and there was no excess noise. The hotel rooms were quite functional, especially with the WIFI being free.

Parking is free and plentiful.

The surrounding area has multiple hotels. I believe it mostly suburban. There did not seem to be much within walking distance.

Overall, this was fine for a one night layover before proceeding to North Carolina Outerbanks (3 Hour drive to Salvo)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake. I would also like to express my gratitude for your kind words regarding our hotel. We truly value you business and feedback, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Victoria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really like this hotel. What I really like is that it is easy to get around. The staff is accomodating. I love the comfort fo the chairs in the bar and the lobby area. It is set up "open seating" to engage conversation in soft inviting seats. The carpeting is vibrant, uplifting, The breakfast in the restaurant was deliciious. The elevaor was being repaired, but we had access to the staff elevator, but it really did not feel much like a disservice. I love the pool there. The bedding is to die for. OMG!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake. I would also like to express my appreciation for the kind words you posted about our staff, as well as taking the time to describe the hotel and all the amenities you were able to enjoy. We truly value your business, and we look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

2nd visit as great as the first one. Hotel is wonderful.....clean, attractive. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Didn't go to the restaurant this time, but last time was great! One elevator is down, but they were gracious enough to allow us to use the staff elevator. Fitness center and pool were nice! Whenever I come to Norfolk, this is my spot!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake. I would also like to express my gratitude for the kind words you posted about our staff, and the amenities we have to offer. We truly value your business, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very nice hotel ! Breakfast was good ! This hotel has a bar- excellent !! Dinner is decent also !! One of the elevators was out of order but other than that is pretty nice stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake. I would also like to express my appreciation for the kind words you posted about the food and beverage offerings we have available. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Spring Lake, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The only issues I had with this hotel were that one of the elevators went out of order when we arrived, and the day we checked out, a young man was lurking by the ATM machine panhandling. (Yeah, that was creepy.) But other than that, it was a clean, comfortable stay, in a location pretty central to most of the retail and attractions in the area. Was I overwhelmed? Nope, but I wasn't disappointed. And given the string of disappointments I've had with Marriott this year, this is a win for them.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the gentlemen in the lobby the day of your departure as well as the one elevator that we are currently renovating. We are however very grateful that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your next trip to the Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake.

Adam T, Front Office Manager
Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Despite my last day being over run with 300+ lacrosse playing, elevator riding little boys invading and running thru the hallways all day and night, it was a great stay! The hotel staff are VERY helpful and friendly (Jennifer and the rest of the group). The bell captain and Greg the maintenance superintendent were always working hard to take care of guest needs and insure satisfaction. The Cleaning crew were superb in meeting my requirements and taking care of my room every day. The hostess in the Concierge Lounge on the 7th floor courteous, helpful and attentive. All in all a really nice hotel to stay at. one of the two Hotel elevators was out during my stay making the wait annoying, but I'd rather be on a safe lift than a broke one, so you take what you get. The decorations are getting a little worn in the hotel and it might be time to refresh some of the common area seating and decorations.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor