“Worst hotel every” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Orlando, Florida
“Worst hotel every”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had to make a quick trip to Virginia that was unplanned. We booked this hotel because they had rooms available. Needless to say, it was not a good choice and we were glad we would not be spending much time in it. We did arrive early and we were able to check in early only because we asked and they did accommodate us. However , this hotel smelled bad. The rooms were run down. It is a transient hotel, meaning that people stay there weekly. There were roaches. There was also lot of activity. Two strange girls knocked on our door and when I answered ,they said oh sorry wrong room. Looked like they were ready to party or something, Did not sleep well because a car alarm went off. We had to park in the back of the hotel because there were not enough places to park in the front. We did leave about 3 in the morning because none of us could sleep. Glad it was a short trip. Do not stay here. Run as fast as you can. WiFi is very faint if it even works. We could never get connected.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bridgeport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

As I write this I am still currently in the hotel. The smell in here is awful, we booked a non-smoking room because I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, but the room still has the lingering scent of must and cigarettes. The room is much smaller than expected, which is fine, but not when half of the floor is soaking wet. On one side of the bed the floor is soaked and has been since we arrived last night and I've already soaked through two pairs of socks. Not to mention the bed is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I've ever slept on. I travel quite frequently and I've encountered some sketchy, unclean places before, but this takes the cake.

• Stayed July 2014
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We all got a terrible feeling as we pulled down a road in terrible disrepair, past a Hispanic restaurant that had gone out of business and was now a hub for gang "artwork" and vandalism. This is possibly the worst part of Norfolk/Chesapeake area. My first thought after parking and inspecting our vehicle for damage from potholes, was what I was going to do with our new truck at night where there were no streetlamps. Kids without parental supervision played in the road without respect for their own safety or others personal property (vehicles). When we checked in, we passed the bullet proof reception window through a cloud of cigarette smoke, to have an angry Indian man wait on us (who might I add could barely speak English) and show us our room. The room was terribly misrepresented, the online photos were probably taken when the Hotel was first built, before the previous guest had stayed in it. The man showed us three rooms, all terrible. He tried to lie to us and tell us that the beds were queens which were clearly doubles. All of the rooms had a similar sticky, polluted air and atmosphere to them. The front desk employee had no communication skills. We all experienced the same feeling of being unsafe. I felt as though I should have been walking around with an AR-15! The people who were there were smoking everywhere, all the time like chimneys, even though they weren't supposed to be smoking in certain areas. The breakfast in the morning was pretty much cold watery coffee and stale bread. It was quite obvious people lived there permanently and old broken down cars were parked in the parking lot. The people were sketchy and stare at you like you have two heads. Overall, DO NOT STAY HERE! It is unsafe and misrepresented.

Room Tip: Plan ahead, there are other actual accommodations within 5 miles of this motel. I highly suggest for...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Preston, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was absolutely disgusting and I will never stay here again. Our room reeked of urine, the light didnt work, the bathroom looked like someone tried to catch it on fire, the bed seemed to have some sort of plastic on it and was VERY uncomfortable. Not to mention the skeptical people hanging around outside this motel. NEVER EVER again. I wouldnt stay here if it was the last place on earth! DO NOT recommend! Very dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room and main lobby were clean and quiet. I think i was 9:30 pm and housekeeping was polishing the brass. They seemed into there work, making sure everything looked nice for when we check out in the morning I'm sure.
The room was clean and quiet from hall hall noise and to the other sides of the walls.
Overall a 4 star, very good experiance.
p.s.. I hardly ever give a 5 star, excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (too many). The room was disgusting, there was a one inch ring around the room of dirt, dust, funk from where the vacuum cleaner obviously didn't reach. At first I thought it was just stain but when I ran my finger in it, it easily came up. Someone just doesn't care b/c there is no way you can miss it as it's a completely different color from the rest of the carpet.
The continental breakfast is a joke. A pot of coffee with powdered creamer and sugar. A few danish and a few muffins. The woman at the desk at breakfast said sorry there wasn't more but the area was undergoing renovations. I find that hard to believe as the entire place is a pit and the breakfast area is the least of their concerns.
The woman at the front desk at check in was great. The pool was clean and warm so that was one reason we stayed an extra night as we seriously considered checking out after the first night. (the other reason being it was a 10 minute drive to a family wedding) We asked the same woman we met at check out if we could stay an extra hour as we were heading to a wedding and she said yes. At 10:50am (ck out is at 11) an man started knocking on our door and window!! and shouting "check out". He knocked insistantly at the door and upon opening the door I told the man that the front desk had allowed us a late departure of one hour. He yelled "No, no, no, check out eleven" and proceeded to stomp towards the front desk. COMPLETELY unprofessional!
We are pretty laid back travelers, not much grosses us out but this place is probably the worst we've even stayed in. There is NO WAY I would ever stay here again nor would I ever recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

My son stays at this hotel because of his business. This is the hotel they were put up in. He has been here for approx. 2 weeks and the last two sundays his room has been robbed of clothes food and cash. Hotel personel says they can't do anything about it that the security cameras are not working. If I had to guess it is the hotel cleaning staff as the room was locked both times and no forced entry. DO NOT LEAVE VALUEABLES IN YOUR ROOM. ROOMS ARE DIRTY AND OVER RUN WITH ROACHES. HOTEL STAFF UNHELPFUL AND UNFRIENDLY.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
abvichesapeake, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Chesapeake, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our hotel did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

Yours sincerely,

Sanjay Patel-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn-Chesapeake, VA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Chesapeake? Share your experiences!