“Decent value though does not meet the rating level advertised” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Fort Myers, Florida
“Decent value though does not meet the rating level advertised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a bit dated but is undergoing some renovations. They will not address the narrow hallways and the labyrinth of corridors that make it feel a bit cramped. The room was spacious and clean with a microwave, small refrigerator, and a flat panel TV. The staff was very courteous, friendly and eager to assist. A decent value for road warriors.

• Stayed February 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by our remodeling. I am pleased to hear you found the room and accommodations very satisfying. It’s a pleasure you were able to experience our wonderful team and found them friendly and eager to assist. If you are ever in the area again we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with superior customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is a bit of a deviation from others within the same star level: it's almost adequate.

The front desk staff is a mixed bag with respect to customer service skills, but there was only one staff member who stood out as rude. (She was on the phone having what sounded like a conversation with a friend, and she refused to wrap up her conversation quickly--even after making brief eye contact with me as I approached the front desk. Also, at one point during my stay, I asked her a question, and she gave a very sarcastic laugh before responding in a very short manner). Despite this, I do remember a very nice older lady helping me with a request at night.

The worst part of my stay was the fact that the side entrance to the hotel typically didn't work, even after switching out my key numerous times. I have to say: this was a major frustration after a long day at work. (People who are staying at a hotel for a long period of time dislike having to walk through the lobby, or take the long way to their room).

The free breakfast was pretty impressive, but the breakfast area itself was a bit cramped, and I rarely encountered a time when it wasn't swarming with people.

The rooms themselves were adequate with nice arches separating the bedroom area from the "living room" area. The cable lineup was also nice. The walls, however, were a bit thin. (I could tell when people were staying in neighboring rooms). And the beds lacked a comfort level that I've come to expect from most hotels at this star level.

Overall, this hotel ranks slightly below average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Karen V, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Chesapeake. I want to first apologize for not upholding our standard of delivering outstanding service to our guests. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have an amazing stay and I am saddened that this was not your experience. We have shared your feedback with the front desk and maintenance staff and have made corrective measures to ensure nothing like this happens with you or any other guests again. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver excellent customer service during your next visit to the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, not so conveniently located but not too far off the beat & path. The 1st floor seemed a lil confusing like a maze, but i finally figured the layout, out. I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel because there's so many others that are nearby that are more sophisticated & modern. I was really looking forward to getting in hot tub, but it was broken. Again, overall it is a good stay. Very nice & professional staff.

• Stayed December 2012
Karen V, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our front desk staff. We are also excited to announce that we will be remodeling our guest rooms in 2013 so we hope you come back to visit once our renovations are completed. Thanks again for your stay with us!!
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I stay at this hotel whenever we go to Virginia. The hotel has always been clean and the rooms have been very comfortable. As with our other travels the wife and I stay during the "off" season and the rates are very reasonable. They have all the amenities you could want up to and including a free breakfast in the morning. Not just a continental breakfast, but one with eggs, waffles, sausage and a good variety of other food items. The hotel is also located very close to a large shopping center with numerous stores and restaurants. It is also close to Virginia Beach which is not too far away. If you want to stay at an upper class hotel at a moderate price this is the place to stay. They also have free WiFi.

Room Tip: All rooms would be a pleasure to stay in although my wife and I prefer the bottom floor next to the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen V, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. We love to hear what our guests have to say especially our regulars. We hope that you have noticed all of the positive improvements we have recently made, like the new carpet and wall paper. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Virginia and are excited for you to see the rest of the improvements we have in store.
Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night en route back to Washington after a week dodging Hurricane Sandy. It was fine - we had a room on the top floor at the far end of the building. It was a comfortable large room with an LCD TV and sofa, and a welcome bottle of water and snack. Oddly, the open folder told us nothing about the hotel which would have been useful. It's s short drive down to the Volvo Parkway off which there is a Golden Corral to the south or a China buffet to the north - we ate at the latter and it was one of the better ones. The hotel is only a few yards from I-64 but we honestly didn't hear a sound. The only noise came from the fridge which sounded like a power drill so we had to unplug that. Breakfast is the usual array of cereals, breads, scrambled eggs and so on - nothing special but perfectly serviceable. The pool is outdoor and was closed when we were there. No complaints - it wasn't a record-breaking 'stay of the century' but it was extremely comfortable, quiet and convenient and absolutely did the job for around $80 all in. In the morning we were back on I-64 in seconds and heading north for our flight home to London having had a very good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south end of the motel - perhaps that was why it was so quiet,
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen V, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your feedback about your stay. We are happy to hear that you experienced a peaceful environment and we have notified our engineering department about your concerns with the a/c unit. We hope that if you are ever in the area again you stop by and give us the opportunity to wow you.
Austin Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The best hotel we have stayed in! The front staff was so helpful and accommodating. Our room had a bag of pretzels and a water bottle with a "Welcome to our hotel" and our name sign on it. The hotel was spotless, the beds very comfortable, and the continental breakfast was out of this world! I've never seen so much food at a hotel breakfast before. Quite the place--I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We do strive to give our guests the best experience possible and make them feel valued, welcomed, and comfortable. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 9/30 - 10/04/12. Kudos to hotel staff and management. Fantastic location. Easily accessible, simply put greatness for all areas. Desk clerks especially nice and friendly. Plentiful complementary breakfast. WE WILL SCRAMBLE TO STAY HERE AGAIN! Great value all around.

• Stayed October 2012
Karen V, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We try our best to meet our guest's expectations and are always happy when we hear that we were successful. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff, I'm sure they will be as thrilled as I am. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!