“Would never stay here again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1540 Crossways Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23320   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #31 of 40 hotels in Chesapeake
Maine
“Would never stay here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during my husband's business travel (the pet friendly and inexpensive rates were a draw...). The room we stayed in was superficially clean, however the upholstered chair was horribly stained and the bed lines were questionable.

More disturbing was the guest quality - many long-term guests who appeared to have questionable visitors. Lots of people just "milling around" throughout the day/night. As a solo female, I often felt some safety concerns (and I am a multi-countried/city traveler) when walking in the parking lot. Many guests appeared to be potential residents of the hotel - I'm not sure if the hotel has low-income housing rooms for residents???

I absolutely appreciate the pet-friendly quality of the hotel but there are other hotels in the area which offer this service and are seemingly more safe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I booked a one night stay in room 323. I initially had no complaints other than the horrible smell of the room, however later that night my son was on the floor playing a game and cut his hand on what appeared to be a broken crack pipe. The glass vile was clear in color but had burn stains around it. It was only about a centimeter in length, so surely a vacuum would have picked it up. I advised the front desk clerk upon check out and he said there was nothing he could do. He didn’t even want to see my sons hand nor did he want to see piece of glass. He suggested that I call the manager the next business day to notify him or her, but I thought something this serious should probably be noted at the corporate level. Corporate has yet to respond to my cpmplaint.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

The rooms were clean and the staff was polite but staff was more interested in things their way then my way. I'm usually not too picky about my hotels and I don't ask alot but taking money out of my account without my permission is a big no-no. My company negotiated my rate, I came in paid the agreed rate with my debit card and moved in. Two days later I was checking out my bank statement and noticed they had reimbursed my account for the agreed amount and charged a rate $40 higher. When I asked about this no one could ever give me an answer. They did change my rate back to the orginal rate but I have serious issue with them thinking they could just charge me whatever they wanted after we had an agreed rate and not to even discuss it with me. Second I wake one more with ashes all over my car hood. It looked like someone had pitched the ash tray from over the balcony onto my car. I went to the office explained the problem and was told that she was the only person in the office and she wouldn't even come and look at it. I asked when a manager would be available and was told that a "manager-like person" (her words not mine) would be in around 11. I gave her my cell phone number (I had to go to work) and told her to check out the car and give me a call. I never heard a word from anyone. So stay at your own risk financially and protect your personal property. I would not stay here again.

• Liked — very clean rooms
  • Disliked — staff did not handle complaints well
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

Family reunion in the Greenbrier area? If you do not want to stay with family try this one. One Queen or two twins mini suites with kitchenette. Third floor newly remodeled. Clean and nicely decorated. Great location across from Greenbriair Mall and a host of other shopping areas. No pool. Not too far from beach, 20min. Near lots of places to eat. Easy access to Interstate. I stayed an extra night and saved $200 for the week (7 day package). Only problem I had was the rooms were not cleaned until Thursday which was 5 days into my stay. Too small for familes of 3 or more.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

My husband, son, dog, and I stayed here after we sold our house. The rooms are basically a regular double room with a refrigerator, sink, and stove burners. The brochure makes the room look significantly larger--it was really too small for us. Service was only once a week, which seemed reasonable for the $60/night weekly rate, but since we checked out of the hotel early due to cramped conditions, they raised the price to $90/night--definitely not worth it. The place doesn't even give you shampoo or dish soap for the suite. The walls are thin enough that you will hear your neighbors doing routine tasks.

We moved to the Residence in down the steeet, which was much more expensive, but much more roomy.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

I had a great stay at the Extended Stay in Chesapeake. The staff when above and beyond to make my stay a memorable one. It was very budget friendly. My weekly housekeeping was awesome (I hate getting woke up everyday at other hotels!) and they always did a great job. Management and staff are very friendly!!! This was a great location for shopping and restaurants. You name it and it's within a mile! Also close to the highway so you can just hop right on! Give it a try!!!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.

Address: 1540 Crossways Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23320
Location: United States > Virginia > Chesapeake
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 40 hotels in Chesapeake
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Chesapeake Crossways Blvd Hotel Chesapeake
Extended Stay Chesapeake
Chesapeake Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.