“Check it out before you unpack.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1540 Crossways Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23320   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Check it out before you unpack.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Disrepair of bathroom and dirty. Hairy bed all through. Nice LCD TV that turns off/on and changes channels by itself. 30 channels, no local, and only Joel on Sunday morning. Internet is so slow I could not get the speed test page to load or any other after a few minutes. 3rd floor without a close elevator. Rail going down concrete steps moving around. Was inexpensive but in total turned out to be cheap.

Room Tip: Inspect it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dale - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not aware in advance that this property does not have elevators. As well, that you had issues with the free WiFi and level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am speaking with our housekeeping staff to ensure their cleaning procedures are in line with our company's standards moving forward. I am also working with our internet provider to improve our access overall.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at GBR@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Horrible customer service. Rooms in poor condition. The fire alarms went off for hours and when I complained they said signs had been posted. Did not offer an appology and were extremely rude. Hotel backs up to a loud interstate. The fridge made a horrible sound all night. Bathroom faucet is broken. Screen missing from window. Could go on and on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Leann - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay has not been what you expected. Maintenance has been alerted to the issues you stated. As well, as this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we would not subject our guests to fire alarm drills if it was not absolutely necessary. Safety and security of all our guests is a priority, so these drills are imperative.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at GBr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Hampton Roads
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Where do I start? Let me see....I stayed at that location for a month while waiting to move into my new house. I went through Priceline and bidded and got the room for $28 a night plus tax which amounted to about $39. I figured for that price it couldn't be that bad and i could deal with or tolerate certain things. First things first any good reviews about this place are either from a employee or someone that's getting special attention. First of all the customer service is horrible. The house keeping are rude. They don't like to clean. They bang on your door at 9 am. I went to the front desk for some dish detergent and they gaved me shampoo and conditioner and told me to use that. seriously? on dishes I need to eat off of. They havent had any dish detergent in a month. When they do clean your room they dont change the comforter or the blanket. The rooms are spider infested. I tried to find some good but couldn't. I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Comfort Suites crossways blvd is a better alternative
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am looking into your comments and will work to improve our overall cleanliness.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, atgbr @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I understand you get what you pay for but we actually thought we'd merely found a reasonably priced room. On the contrary, what we found was an old room with a kitchenette that had seen better days. This motel states they are undergoing some renovations, however I certainly hope that was not the room we received. Our check-in was pleasant. Even offering some toiletries or microwave popcorn if you like, as the only thing in your room is some bathroom soap and a serving of coffee. The bathroom is in dire need of renovation and they can start with the tub. The entry door could use a thick strip of weather stripping. You can easily see light through that gap. And if you can see out of it, something surely can come in. The room did have a flat screen TV. However, they may want to send someone in to check on it because there were a few stations that were a bit shaky. There is an apartment-size refrigerator, a cooktop, microwave, some pans, a few dishes, utensils, and a cup or two in the kitchenette. The refrigerator motor however, would run loudly every 28 minutes. This noise would last for 10 minutes before shutting off and then kick back on again in 28 minutes. I know because I was wide awake through the night and jotting down every time it would come on!! Why you ask, was I wide awake? Because Room 108 possessed Bed Bugs! I just happened to wake up and find one crawling away from my pillow! After killing it, I found another crawling along the side of the mattress!! Then my husband found the granddaddy of them all crawling along the foot of the mattress!!! That was it for me as far as sleeping. As this was in the middle of the night, the rest of the night was spent sitting in towel-draped chairs (because they were filthy) waiting for the morning to come so we could leave! Upon checking out I informed the front desk clerk that this was the worst stay ever! I told her about the bed bugs and she proceeded to fill out a service request for the room. She was ever so apologetic about the condition of the room but to me there should have really been some mention of a refund of our room charges. Because after all, we certainly could not use the room as it was intended. Sleeping in chairs by no way is the equivalent! Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Should you decide to brave it and stay there, ask for a room on the 2nd floor. Given you access you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Extendedstay America is an awesome place to stay! It is a very great place to stay, and it is a great value for the the price! My whole Family has stayed here since the first of December 2012 through February 2013 and the rooms are well styled and very comfortable. The parking lot is always full, with not only single travelers, but with whole companies! We have not been bothered with noise from neighbors or the outside traffic! We have our whole Famile staying here, including our cat and dog. You have to pay a little extra for your pets to stay here, but it is worth it, just to have our whole Family together. The service is wonderful and the housekeeping is great. This feels like our home away from home! Oh yeah, they even have a light carry and go breakfast! This is an extended stay hotel that I highly recommend! I give it ten out of ten stars!

• Stayed December 2012
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., responded to this review, March 12, 2013

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

As I'm here still, I have nothing negative to say Amber, Kim and Julia are very nice and respectful. I like to walk in to the front desk no matter what time of the day and they all just smile, makes it worth while... Plus it's close to lots of restaurants and the mall.

• Stayed January 2013
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., responded to this review, February 8, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Kim, Amber and Julia are the best. We had a small issue with the room we first recieved, and after approaching them with the issue, they were extremely professional and better accomodated us and made our overall eexperience another great one.

• Stayed January 2013
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., responded to this review, January 22, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.

Address: 1540 Crossways Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23320
Location: United States > Virginia > Chesapeake
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Chesapeake
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Chesapeake Crossways Blvd Hotel Chesapeake
Extended Stay Chesapeake
Chesapeake Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.